PDA

View Full Version : My Traffic Issues

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Why is it that when rush hour comes after work, cops rush to the freeway. All they are doing is making people scared to do the speed limit. Everyone goes 10MPH slower than normal when a police car is around. Traffic builds behind them until they take the overpass and head back they way they came. I say...stay off the road in rush hour.

Another thing that got me yesterday. In Portland, OR...driving to work. Road comes to a stop. There is a wreck on the bridge between WA/OR. Great. A car pool lane on the far left. People who carpool are using it. But so are the brave souls who ride by themselves, thinking they won't get caught. And there are motorcycle cops driving in the same lane heading towards the front of the line. Why don't they stop and pull over the AHOLES using the carpool lane illegally. I just checked out every one that passed in teh rear view mirrow and if they were by themselves, I extended my arm and middle finger to them out the window as they passed. LOL

ANother thing that gripes me, is why can Soccermoms or people with small children riding in the car use the expresslane. There is only one legal driver in the car. Irks me to no end when I am sitting there waiting in traffic and some lady drives by in the carpool lane with their kid in the back seat. Man I should pump out some kids...would make the commute better. LOL

Todd <---Wishes everyone on the road to drive safe...EXCEPT THE SLOW #$*&# IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Forgot to add my deal with motorcycle people thinking they have the right to run down the center of lanes between care when the lanes are stopped. It took everything I had the other day not to merge closer to the car next to meand block him off. LOL Obey the rules and we'll all get along.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 10:46 AM
There's a town between Cincy and Hamiltucky called Arlington Heights. They have about 1/2 mile of freeway and they run radar at rush hour. The stupid pricks caused a fatal accident one morning on a jam-packed I-75. The cop turned on his radar, everybody immediately put their brakes on and a pile-up ensued, killing a lady and injuring many.

My pet peeve is this. Why do slow people insist on driving in the left lane?

highsea
06-27-2003, 11:20 AM
I hate merge crowders. You know, your exit is coming up, or the lane ends, so you move over into the correct lane well in advance, and a bunch of a$$holes zoom by you and crowd their way into the front of the pack right at the merge, causing a big slowdown.

-CM <~~~WA. State, the only state where every road eventually narrows down to one lane, or is detoured.

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah any more I drive the speed limit, maybe a little over, but I usually stay in the center lane, and often travel in the "slow" lane because it goes faster. Got people who just have to merge all the way to the left lane for the heck of it. I don't know. I just wish that as much as the police are trying to catch speeders, they could just as well pull over people causing slow downs on two lane roads. Isn't there a rule that states if you have more than 5 cars piled behind you, you are required to pull over on a turn out and let the others by? Maybe thats my rule. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 11:31 AM
zoom by you and crowd their way into the front of the pack right at the merge, causing a big slowdown.<--highsea

Yeah I hate that too, I will move over and block people who try that one so they have to get behind me. I mean what is it really getting you? 7 or 8 cars further up. Whoohoo! Gonna get there a whole 5 seconds sooner. Maybe I just rant cause I have lived in two of the worst traffic cities behind LA and NY. But you have to be an defensive-offensive driver, take the open road when it is there but look out for the people on cell phones...

>>>AHH ANOTHER ONE: HANG UP AND DRIVE!!! Get off the stupid cell phones if you can think fast enough to drive the speed limit and talk at the same time. Or get an ear piece. ARRGHHH. LOLOLOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
06-27-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Yeah any more I drive the speed limit, maybe a little over, but I usually stay in the center lane, and often travel in the "slow" lane because it goes faster. Got people who just have to merge all the way to the left lane for the heck of it. <hr /></blockquote>

You know, this is one thing that the Germans do better than us.

On the Autobahn, "drive right" is not just a slogan, it's the law. You can only pass to the left of traffic. If you pass a car on his right side, you are ticketed. Similarly, if you are just driving along in the left lane and not passing, you are ticketed. You must move to the right when traffic permits.

-CM

UWPoolGod
06-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Yeah I see a lot of signs like that, especially the two lane straight stretches between Portland and Seattle around Centralia which read "Stay right except to pass"...still doesn't stop people from lollygagging out in the left lane.

highsea
06-27-2003, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> zoom by you and crowd their way into the front of the pack right at the merge, causing a big slowdown.&lt;--highsea

Yeah I hate that too, I will move over and block people who try that one so they have to get behind me. <hr /></blockquote>

I do that do, but I try to get the attention of the guy behind me first, so he doesn't close up and freeze me out of my spot. Truck drivers will always hold your space for you, because they understand what you are doing. Most of your soccermoms are clueless to that move.

-CM

highsea
06-27-2003, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Yeah I see a lot of signs like that, especially the two lane straight stretches between Portland and Seattle around Centralia which read "Stay right except to pass"...still doesn't stop people from lollygagging out in the left lane. <hr /></blockquote>

The difference is that here it is not the law. It's just a "suggestion". I know that stretch of road well, the truckers are ruthless there. Don't get in their way, they will run you right onto the shoulder.

-CM