PDA

View Full Version : Ever play 14.1 on an 8' table

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Anybody ever play 14.1 on an 8' table? Do you find it a lot easier or just a little easier?

I practiced yesterday on my table and I ran 9 out of the first rack and 14 out of the second rack. Those are pretty decent runs for me (sadly). I found congestion was not much of a factor, although I did notice balls grouping near the rails more often which might not happen on a 9' table.

Billy
06-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Mosconi had a pretty good run on an 8' /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooljunkie73
06-27-2003, 12:52 PM
I use 14.1 as practice on the 8 footer's.I find you get a lot of balls on the rails.Other than that,the cluster's aren't that bad.You just have to make sure of your break outs,and where the balls are going.Speed control is the main thing.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Mosconi had a pretty good run on an 8' /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah. Apparently former champ George Rude up in Dayton OH owns that table. I met George Rude once. Had no idea who he was /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Wish I would have known. He probably has some good stories.

cycopath
06-27-2003, 01:10 PM
When you are playing 14.1 by yourself how do you break? Do you just break hard like an 8ball break or do you soft break like a normal 14.1 break?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> When you are playing 14.1 by yourself how do you break? Do you just break hard like an 8ball break or do you soft break like a normal 14.1 break? <hr /></blockquote>

Sometimes I set up a break shot and go from there. Yesterday I started with a standard break on a full rack. I don't play safe. I practice those separately.

06-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'll play 14.1 for practice occassionally on my 8' table. Scott Lee and I played several racks on my table this past Monday, in fact. However, I've never played 14.1 on a 9' table, so I can't compare the two.

Rod
06-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Wally,
I don't think I've ever played 14-1 on an 8 footer. Fact is I rarely ever play on one. I'm not sure of my high run on a 7 footer but a couple of years ago I did run 50 and stopped there because we were playing to 50. I broke safe, he tried a shot, which was his only shot. LOL Pretty rare I would play such a game on a 7 footer. You know most 8 foot tables I have played on, I didn't like. I know this didn't answer your question but it gets crowded on a 7 footer.

Rod

Icon of Sin
06-27-2003, 09:52 PM
I have an 8 footer at home, my father and I shoot straight on that sometimes. You can get some decent runs on a smaller table.