PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Tournament

Tom_In_Cincy
06-27-2003, 01:21 PM
The Pool room I frequent is throwing a "Tom is leaving for California" 7 ball tournament (I know...why 7 ball...well its a long story)

Sunday July 20th, 2pm at Snookers.
$20 entry fee, DE race to 5.

If you happen to be in the area, please try to make it, I would love for some CCBers to be there.

If you really want to hear the reason for 7 ball for this tournament you have to ask.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok. Why 7 ball? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
06-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Do they allow pool players from Hamiltucky to play in it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~~not gonna be able to make it per my lesson w/Scott Lee.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 01:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Do they allow pool players from Hamiltucky to play in it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Wise-ass. LOL

I'll be there unless the boss has other plans.

Why 7-ball?

Actually sounds like fun. Let's see, 7-ball, race to 5, DE. I should revert to railbird status in about, oh, 12 1/2 minutes /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Because besides TOM and WALLY...most of Ohio cant count past /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 7?...&lt;Duckin all bullets and hiding behind a turned over Gold Crown&gt;

Wish I could make that event...

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Because besides TOM and WALLY...most of Ohio cant count past /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 7?...&lt;Duckin all bullets and hiding behind a turned over Gold Crown&gt;

Wish I could make that event... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I can count to 21. Fingers, toes, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Because besides TOM and WALLY...most of Ohio cant count past /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 7?...&lt;Duckin all bullets and hiding behind a turned over Gold Crown&gt;

Wish I could make that event... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I can count to 21. Fingers, toes, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Do you mean 20.5? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thepoolnerd
06-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Is it the old seven ball rules or the sudden death version shown on espn? The old rules say the non breaking player can choose which side of the table the players must pocket the 7.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 02:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>Do you mean 20.5? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, nobody likes a wise-ass LOL

Wally~~liked by nobody /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Old 7 ball rules.. Opponent calls side of table the 7 ball must be pocketed.. good game on a bar box,

It will be interesting on a 9 footer..

Tom_In_Cincy
06-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Since you asked so nicely:

I have a reputation for promoting and running odd ball (pun intended) tournaments. Most of my tournaments were invitation only and usually a $50 entry fee. I usually limited the field to the first 16 players that gave me $50.

I ran a total point tournament for a 14.1 tournament. You only got credit for the point difference between you and your opponent. If you won 100-91 you only got 9 points. If you won 100-50 you got 50 points.

I ran a round robin 9 ball tournent where all games won were used to determine the winner and paid 25% of the field.

I ran a "old rules" 9 ball tournament (2 shot foul, push out anytime"

I ran a "One-Pocket" tournament were Ball count determined winner rather than win-losses.

I started a line tournament, all players played for 2 hours. If you won, you'd move up a table, if you lost you'd move down a table. Most wins would take 1st and so on. Ties would be a one game play off, multiple ties would have a spot shot. This is still played every Saturday. They've had as many as 24 players.

I have a "reputation" for odd ball tournaments. I've always liked to see the better players having to use their brains to figure out where they stand.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-27-2003, 03:43 PM
One pocket.. spot.. 11-7.. sounds fair.. to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-27-2003, 03:48 PM
You wear a mask when you ask for a spot like that?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Who plays fair? LOL I'll need the same thing. hahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't steal but likes a deal. haha

JoePickens
06-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey, I can count to seven...wait a minute, now what comes after 3? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif