PDA

View Full Version : Who are you going to bet on to win in Cardiff?

PooPooPlatter
06-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I usually pick 3 players at the beginning of the tournament.
I've bet on Yang at 14-1,Pagulayan at 33-1 and Rodney Morris at a very pleasant 50-1.
Also I wish Keith McCready was invited i'd love to see him play on live television.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Those are good odds except for Yang IMO. I don't know if he can pull it off (mentally). The other two are some tough competitors and Alex is playing pretty well I think.

Where are the odds posted?

pooljunkie73
06-27-2003, 03:06 PM
Wally,

you can go to www.worldpoolchampionships.com (http://www.worldpoolchampionships.com)

They have everything you are looking for.
Kent.

nAz
06-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Earl!

er unless the upa gets him baned some how. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

then i'd have to go with Busta.

highsea
06-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Efren,9-1; Busta,12-1; Earl 16-1

-CM

Drake
06-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Busty, Archer, and Double J !!!!!!

thecardman
06-28-2003, 05:19 PM
At 33-1, how can you pass up a wee each way bet on Alex Pagulayan? All he has to do is make it to the semi finals and you get a pay-out! Anyway, with his recent form on the Joss Tour, guess where my money is going!

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooljunkie73
06-28-2003, 09:06 PM
My top four are:Archer-playing some damn good pool.Pagulayan-fellow Canadian /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.Soquet(sp?)-always a threat.Bustamonte-if it wasn't for the tragety last year he would have won it.

For an honourable mention i'll pick Jeff Kennedy-my home town up and coming shooter,making his WPC debut. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheDragon
06-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Morris is at 50-1??? I usually don't bet on anyone besides myself but this is IMO a no brainer. I saw Morris play in Valley Forge and I'd put him right up there with the likes of Strickland, Reyes, and Bustamante.

Where do you go to bet?

-TheDragon

thecardman
06-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Hi Dragon!

If you go to www.stanjames.com (http://www.stanjames.com) you can get a whole bunch of different odds for the outright win, group win and a few other 'fun' bets.

Good luck!

Peter
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

almer
06-29-2003, 09:03 AM
I see sportnet in Canada is going to televise 18 hrs of pool fr Cariff on tape delay.We usually get 2-3 a day to the end.almer

snipershot
06-29-2003, 05:01 PM
I have a friend who plans on betting $500 on Pagulayan /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, at 33-1 odds that makes for a $16,500 payout(and one hell of a keg party) if Pagulayan wins, 50-1 odds on Rodney Morris are pretty hard to pass up as well.

Nostroke
06-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Ive got Shannon at 66-1, Alex at 33 and CS Yang at 14-1. Hard to pass up those odds.

pooljunkie73
06-29-2003, 09:26 PM
One year they carried it live.Probably the best pool tournament coverage,ever.They have been showing the replay's for the past month or so.

Can't wait for it to start. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
"The strength of the gaggle is in the goose"
"The strength of the goose is in the gaggle"
<hr /></blockquote>

How strong do you have to be to gag the goose?
How strong is it to goose the gaggle?

Eric &gt;too much time on my hands

Wally_in_Cincy
06-30-2003, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
"The strength of the gaggle is in the goose"
"The strength of the goose is in the gaggle"
<hr /></blockquote>

How strong do you have to be to gag the goose?
How strong is it to goose the gaggle?

Eric &gt;too much time on my hands <hr /></blockquote>

Takes more strength to gag a goose than to choke a chicken. Sorry, couldn't resist LOL.

TheDragon
07-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Is there a minimum bet? Charge per bet?

-BooneNCdem

TheDragon
07-02-2003, 04:12 PM
that post by the way was from TheDragon. I'm on several different discussion boards and I forget from time to time.
-TheDragon

PooPooPlatter
07-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Go to: http://www.oddschecker.com
Click on Pool then on the World Championships.
You will see different bookmakers all betting on the tournament click on their site and open an account and bet it up.
Also stanjames.com has a wide variety of bets and they are easy to open an account with.

07-02-2003, 08:30 PM
I am back, perhaps we can let the old stuff ride and start over fresh, perhaps try to be friends? I apologize for my rude behavior in the past, I hope to do a better job in the future. I'll be in your area in a couple of months doing a gig north of you, perhaps we can have a beer together. Fast Larry

Thierry Layani
07-02-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm glad to know Jeff Kennedy is going and that the Canadian contingent is quite full, but I only see Alex as a Canadian favorite. The last year has been dominated by Souquet, Archer, Bustamante and Alex, I'm sure we'll at least see one of these four in the finals. But weird things have happened in the past at this tournament.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)

pooljunkie73
07-03-2003, 05:48 AM
I agree with you Thierry,Jeff will have an excellant tourney if he get's out of his group,that's all he can ask for.Alex is deffinetly the Canadians biggest threat.He may not win it this year but,maybe in the next 5 years he will.