PDA

View Full Version : What Pros will be at the US Open?

allenVA
06-27-2003, 09:22 PM
What pros have signed up to play in the US Open?

Just curious because of what I have been hearing. Is it possible the pros won't be at the US Open?

Has the UPA sanctioned the event?

cueball1950
06-27-2003, 09:25 PM
upa or no upa most players will be there. That was the case last year wothout the upa involved. Even after the upa ca;;ed for a boycott. It is still the U.S. Open. The best there is,Just my opinion. .................Mike

Drake
06-27-2003, 10:42 PM
You are right. The OPEN will go on with or without the UPA. BUT, I think the UPA will work things out this year...with the OPEN.

Ken
06-28-2003, 11:24 AM
I don't think the UPA will work things out with anyone. I think promoters will cancel events rather than deal with the UPA. The UPA can't provide enough top players to guarantee the promoters a profit and now they won't let the non-members play. It's a sure formula for failure. Why hold an event that is doomed from the start?
KenCT

cueball1950
06-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Charlie Williams was on last night reading PM'S and i sent him one ansking what the situation was between he and barry berhman this year and i expressed my concern about things working out between them. And that i would not like to see something like last year happen again. i waited for a reply and did not get one. i waited about 1/2 hour. But he disappeared. Hopefully he will come back and reply. We can only hope for the best......................Mike

allenVA
06-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Sorry everyone.

I think my question was misinterpreted.

I was wondering what pros are currently on the list to play. Are there any and who?

Just want to know before I buy tickets. I just don't want to go to an empty show.

pooldaddy9
07-01-2003, 04:31 AM
I contacted Q-Masters to find out and they said they couldn't give out names but it will be top PRO players.