PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Trend

Qtec
06-28-2003, 04:41 AM
With the possible kidnapping of 2 US soldiers , does this show that the Iraq situation has entered a new level?

It is much easier to apply pressure when you have hostages.[ Irangate ]

Should the US negotiate over kidnapped personel ?

Q

Voodoo Daddy
06-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Negotiate?...No...we should storm them again, take our people and set that whole sand-ridden country ablaze. I love my country but once again we didnt finish what we started. I often wonder if politicians do things half-assed so the next set of liars have something to do?

Sid_Vicious
06-28-2003, 11:30 AM
"I often wonder if politicians do things half-assed so the next set of liars have something to do?"

I too feel that politicians "work" us like puppets. Would they wag the dog? Hell yes...sid

eg8r
06-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Nice subject heading. You show us one instance, and suddenly it has become a trend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif You crack me up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Hopster
06-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Negotiate?...No...we should storm them again, take our people and set that whole sand-ridden country ablaze. I love my country but once again we didnt finish what we started. I often wonder if politicians do things half-assed so the next set of liars have something to do? <--Voodoo

They definetly wont negotiate with anyone and we should have expected something like this to happen. This or a bombing like in beirut because you got to figure that we just crushed their army so theres going to be a few more strikes thrown at us. I think the boys that are over there now will get payback in their own way from time to time if you know what i mean.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> ....I often wonder if politicians do things half-assed so the next set of liars have something to do? <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

It seems like every administration, Republicans and Democrats alike, spends most of their time trying to clean up the mess left behind by the previous occupants /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
06-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Perhaps you might consider changing your name to match your sig ie wally in the cigarette /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

taptap to what vd had to say, but heh what would happen if the whole ccb was running the country? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-28-2003, 05:35 PM
I am sure they figured something would happen. I really hope it all turns out all right.

eg8r

Rich R.
06-29-2003, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> It seems like every administration, Republicans and Democrats alike, spends most of their time trying to clean up the mess left behind by the previous occupants /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Wally, I disagree. They spend most of their time, trying to get re-elected, in the next election. Most of them could care less about messes, created by themselves or others. They just want to get re-elected. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
06-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Did I say TREND ? No I didnt . I said level. Taking pot shots and running away is one thing .Taking 2 soldiers and holding them for hostage is another . I,m sorry to say they have been killed . Once again the ordinary soldier takes the bullet for political incompetance.

Correct me if I am wrong . The whole 'point'of the war was to remove Saddam and destroy all WMD , liberate the Iraqi people and establish a Democracy .

Just last week the US attempted to re-instate the former head of the Health service under Saddam .They had to back down because a BBC reporter asked him to renounce the BAATH party and he wouldn,t!
This is not the only case , this seems to be the TREND.

How can you expect the Iraqi people to trust the US when they put the same people back in office instead of making sure they never hold any position of authority in the 'new'Iraq.

The UN would be able help but the fact is America is hanging on to its prize . Many more soldiers will die before America will confess that it needs help. I predict that this will probably happen when things get totally out of control.
Everything should be done to help the Iraqi,s because this will make things safer on the streets .
At the moment ,US patrols are told not to leave their vehicles for fear of being shot at. This means contact with the people grows more and more remote.

Q

eg8r
06-29-2003, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I say TREND ? No I didnt . <hr /></blockquote> Read the subject heading.

eg8r

Qtec
06-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Is that all you have to say ?
Q

eg8r
06-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Yup. You are already calling it a trend. That is the most wrong thing to say. What should I say. You are wrong? I said that already.

I am not going to be tempted into a discussion when the subject matter is screwed up already.

eg8r

Ralph S.
06-30-2003, 08:02 AM
Like father like son. Neither Bush was able to get the job done. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
06-30-2003, 08:59 AM
You kindly forgot Clinton. I am sure it was an honest mistake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r