PDA

View Full Version : World Championships, Cardiff - Who's All Going?

thecardman
06-28-2003, 05:09 PM
So, we're less than a week away from the start of the qualifiers and 2 weeks from the start of the tournament itself. The question that I feel needs to be asked is... how big a contingent from this forum will be in Cardiff to watch the World Championships this year?

Let us know, and don't forget to let us know when you are due to arrive. Are you sitting there with your tickets by your side and that smug-like grin on your face? Or are you just completely hyper about the whole WPC thing?

Also, what are you going for? To watch? To try and qualify and (maybe) play? Maybe, you've already qualified and you're playing in the WPC itself. Let us know and I'll try and update this thread from time-to-time with a list of names.

Me? Well, yes I am going and I'm arriving on the Monday morning. But just to watch. I am nowhere near worthy of even thinking about playing in the qualifiers!

Let's see how long this list will be.

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
06-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Count me out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

cueball1950
06-28-2003, 09:19 PM
me too

pooldaddy9
06-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Can't make it. Would love to watch and would love to play but I would still just be watching. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rukiddingme
06-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately I too will not be able to make this one.
I am planning to attend the European 8 ball championships (seniors I think) in Ostende, Belgium in the 3rd week of September. I'll be in the Benelux area for a whole 3 weeks...can't wait /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Are you planning to cross the channel?
ruk

snipershot
06-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Your so lucky living in Scotland, you've probably watched the event since it arrived in Cardiff, unfortunately the cost of a trip to Wales would be pretty steep, certainly to steep for me to afford /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I will see the WPC in the future, but this year I'm taking it in on T.V.

Nostroke
06-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Im in-gonna be there from July 5th-10th, then 13th through the finals. Just watching, hanging out and enjoying the cool (temp wise)Cardiff summer.

allenVA
06-30-2003, 10:59 PM
I would have loved to have gone, but I didn't know the dates in time to get off.

But won't it be on TV in the states?

Oh well, maybe next year...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-01-2003, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote allenVA:</font><hr> I would have loved to have gone, but I didn't know the dates in time to get off.

But won't it be on TV in the states?

<font color="blue">It never has been before. It's on in Canada, Europe, Phillipines, but not the US. It would be nice if Matchroom could work a deal with ESPN like they did with the Mosconi Cup. But don't hold your breath. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Luke Riches
07-01-2003, 06:36 AM
<font color="blue">It never has been before. It's on in Canada, Europe, Phillipines, but not the US. It would be nice if Matchroom could work a deal with ESPN like they did with the Mosconi Cup. But don't hold your breath. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

Actually it will be....

http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com/television.asp

Wally_in_Cincy
07-01-2003, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Luke Riches:</font><hr>

Actually it will be....

http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com/television.asp <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Luke.

<font color="red">Fox World in the USA (19 million households) </font color>