PDA

View Full Version : What Shot Appeals The Most To You?

Sid_Vicious
06-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Whether it be a thin slice down the long rail:

START(
%Hj4D3%Ie2G8%Pl5H1%Wk8D6%Xl3G8%[D4C9%\i9D0

)END

Or, some crafty lockdown safety, or a monster jump for making a ball and getting position...which of your shots, executed perfectly, really pleases you the most???sid~~~made that slice Saturday down the long rail, felt great!

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 10:17 AM
WTG sid. I love rail shots and feel very good when I make them, any long rail shot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I dont have wei on this computer. What degree cut was it?

Laura

Sid_Vicious
06-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Maybe 10-15 degrees, diamond and a half from the corner toward the opposite corner with the CB a foot out from the rail/OB. I can't believe that you and WW have not gotten the WEI board loaded. It's way too cool! sid

tateuts
06-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Sid,

My first choice would be a soft thin hit safety becauseI'm good at these and probably wouldn't miss the safety:

START(
%Hk1H1%Ie2G8%PJ8G0%Wi0D8%Xl3G8%Yj7F9%Zi7C5%[L1F2%\h2D0

)END

WEI 9 Egg (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/)

My second choice would be, if the 8 is bankable into the cross side, I would play a two-way shot, aiming for the side but with the right speed to hook behind the 9 ball if I miss because the 9 ball is in a good position to block out a lot of the table. There is a far greater chance of selling out because the cue ball might pop out off the rail and not be hooked on the nine. So I would try really hard to pocket the 8.

I personally wouldn't shoot the shot you did unless the game didn't matter too much, but congratulations on making it.

Chris

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Sid,

I love the wei. That computer that had it on it crashed. I am using another laptop. Please send it to me pm if you do not mind.

As far as rail shots go, I had a similar shot once, just barely missed but still felt good about how close it was.
I shot that shot, it went straight down the rail and the shot deviated 1/2 diamond from the pocket.In that case, I felt very good, even though the ball did not pocket, because I felt that I had still shot well.

You are much more experienced. After 10 months of play, I always feel good about doing a good shot, or shooting a good match, whether I win or lose.

Three more shots I like and feel great when I make them.

Long cuts about 70degrees. Love making those.

Short 85degree ones made with ie. Not good enuff on those yet to make with oe or centerball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bank shots. Any banks since one of my weaknesses.

Laura

bolo
06-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Can't you just do a google search. I found it in one click.

highsea
06-29-2003, 11:28 AM
My very favorite is when I make a really great kick shot that turns the table on my opponent. I made this one on a buddy in a game of 8ball a little while back. He had played an excellent safety that had me locked up in the corner behind 2 of his balls.

START(
%Ap0Z1%Hr5H3%Il9F9%Oj8E1%Pl7D8%Qq8R4%Uq8U0%Vo1Y6%W k7D0%Xl0D2
%Yg0Z8%ZC3P5%[D5P3%\j7C3%]n1Z0%^g9[1%eB3`9
)END

One thing that playing a little 3C has done for me is made me a lot more confident in my kick shots. I still *suck* at 3C though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Steve Lipsky
06-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi Sid. Here's mine:

START(
%FK1Z7%Gr6L1%HR0Z0%IE5Q8%Pf6Y8%QJ1C1%WO1[1%Xf0Y6%[L6Z7%\N2[0
%]j7X8%^K9C6%eC8b2%_K6D1%`J1R2%aK5Z3
)END

It's a remarkably consistent shot with a ton of low-right english. I find you have to hit the rail a little closer to the 6-ball than you think. The action off the rail at point A is awesome.

I have dreams of playing this one on the AccuStat table, hill-hill, in the US Open!

- Steve

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Can't you just do a google search. I found it in one click. <hr /></blockquote>

Some nice person gave it to me. Go jump in the lake or have your head examined, Mr. Anon. OTOH, both would be excellent ideas.

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Whether it be a thin slice down the long rail:

sid~~~made that slice Saturday down the long rail, felt great! <hr /></blockquote>

Man sid, that was one h of a shot. Would I play safe? Depends on my opponent, how far into my match and how I was feelin. If I was feelin that the ball was in the hole, I would have done just what you did.

Really impressed!!!

BW----&gt;trying to go for the gold these days /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bolo
06-29-2003, 11:57 AM
It is funny how you took my question, you had me thinking there was something else that had to be downloaded. Instead of being civil, you misunderstood my question like you misunderstand everything else. I have seen you give computer advice in the past claiming to be some expert, yet you can't find web site with a google search. You are a total idiot, like everybody doesn't know that already, big news.

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Come out in the open, paper tiger. It is easy to hide behind your computer as somebody else and take pot shots,calling me an idiot or any of all of the other potshots you take. Not too long ago you told us you would be at the open, looking at us but not wanting to meet us.

If you have not the guts to even stand as who you really are, you are less than nothing.

MarkUrsel
06-29-2003, 12:31 PM
I always like the feeling of making this shot.

START(
%Hd6N9%ID9S9%PR1P3%QO5O8%RH7C8%UK0E8%Va8[4%Wc1N5%XR9P2%Ys0H1
%Zm5C5%[l9D3%\c9N4%]s5[3%^e1O4%eC8b2%bb6[0%ch6T3%ds5I1
)END

I use low inside english and hit it firm / hard. This shot comes up a little more often than I care to admit, probably because I played terrible shape when I sunk the 7 ball! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
06-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Steve,
I love those type of shots also, o/b frozen or not frozen. To me they really take little effort to get whitey back. Sometimes it's easy to over cook the shot.

Another I enjoy shooting is not that big of a deal but when it's executed at slower speed it looks like it won't get there after it leaves the first rail. When it hits the second rail it takes off. I hit this a tiny bit of rail first. I love to shoot this shot slow and spin it. START(
%ER2Z9%Fr3M7%GX7W8%HO5D8%Ik0K0%Ph4U5%UE7D6%VC9G5%W c2Z4%XF6C7
%YD4H2%ZT0[0%eC5a0%_i2X2%`f0Z2%ad3[2
)END

wei (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/)

Similar to your shot I had this shot to win a local open years ago. I could have tried a rail first safe but I didn't like the odds. I liked the odds of making the ball with position better. As it happens I hit it dead solid perfect and got out.

START(
%BQ4D7%C^6D3%DF2L6%EV4E7%Fe1D4%Gh6Y8%HL5I8%Iq9L8%P Z2E3%UO8Z4
%VR1D0%Ya9F3%ZP7Z9%_U3D1%`X1D7%aX6E0
)END
~~ rod, no longer dreams of a hill hill at the US open. LOL

tateuts
06-29-2003, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Can't you just do a google search. I found it in one click. <hr /></blockquote>

Some nice person gave it to me. Go jump in the lake or have your head examined, Mr. Anon. OTOH, both would be excellent ideas.
<hr /></blockquote>

I don't quite understand why Bolo's statement upset you, Laura. It seems to me he was trying to be helpful.

Chris

bolo
06-29-2003, 03:46 PM
I go to open almost every year and yes I will tell you to your face you are an idiot. If your old man has anything to say we can just take that up at the same time. Do you know the term tush hog? If you don't know what that is ask a few pool players on here. Enough said till then.

Nightstalker
06-29-2003, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> Can't you just do a google search. I found it in one click. <hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>

Laura seems to have responded unecessarily harsh to his suggestion earlier. I think it was uncalled-for and started this little flame battle. My .02 /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Qtec
06-29-2003, 04:36 PM
I think Laura has had to accept more insults than most of us . I dont think we can judge her too severely when she acts a little paranoid.
I also think bolo,s reaction is uncalled for . No need to get nasty . I find it strange that bolo is quick to invole Laura,s husband in this 'misunderstanding'when he has nothing to do do with this ?

Q

bluewolf
06-29-2003, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr>
Laura seems to have responded unecessarily harsh to his suggestion earlier. I think it was uncalled-for and started this little flame battle. My .02 /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I think that you mean well. Mr Bolo, whoever he, she or it is has taken potshots at me prior to this. This is not new, nor will I respond to this person again.

Laura

highsea
06-29-2003, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I think that you mean well. Mr Bolo, whoever he, she or it is has taken potshots at me prior to this. This is not new, nor will I respond to this person again.
Laura <hr /></blockquote>

I did not really see bolo's reply as a potshot, just a suggestion to do a search for the website if you can't find it.

Your reply was less than civil. You obviously have some issues with this guy, whatever. Starting a new flame war is not the answer.

If you want the WEI table emailed to you, PM me and I will be happy to send you the file. You will still need to install flash on your browser to make it work. If you go to the WEI website, flash should automatically install if you don't have it.

You can just paste this shortcut to your desktop if you don't want to install it locally.

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/9egg/

-CM

06-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Sid... I often do different kinds of trick shots for the kids in my billiard club at school. When I'm playing in league or at tournaments I love it when a seemingly tough situation presents itself in a match that I can get out with one of these shots. Two such shots that have on a few rare occassions come up are...

1)When the 8 is frozen to an opponents ball near the corner. By applying a lot of draw you can clear your opponents ball, transfer topspin to the 8 and make it in the corner.

START(
%KG1C8%OH2D4%PU3L7%UJ1E7%VT6L0%WD2G0%XF4D4%YC6C5%Z H5D4%eB3b5

)END

2)You're hooked, too close to the blocking ball for a jump and there are no realistic lanes available for a kick. By slightly jacking up and shooting into the rail with top spin you can jump back off the rail and over the blocking ball. You have a good chance of at least making the hit... and maybe even sink the shot.

START(
%AX4W9%BM2X0%C^0L9%DO1I0%ER0H3%FG9O9%GS2V6%HS3F6%I O7P8%PP9G5
%UQ6D8%VQ1F4%YW4V0%ZR2C3%eB4`4
)END ...Bob

tateuts
06-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Bolo,

That last statement is really cruel and should be deleted.

If you are a grown man you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Chris

bolo
06-29-2003, 09:15 PM
It was an accurate response to her previous post.

bluewolf
06-30-2003, 06:08 AM
Chris,

You seem to be a very nice guy. As, expected, I am not familiar with the words spoken nor do I intend to go around to other pool players to inquire about this.

I took a comment as sarcasm, whether or not it was intended that way, who knows? On here, we do not see facial expressions and body language, then react based on our own issues and/or history with the person. I have been wrong before and if I was wrong,it will not be the last time.

Like a snowball rolling downhill, getting bigger and bigger and away from the original source, in this case 'what shot appeals the most to you.'

I am sorry for my part in this because others are now jumping in.My regret is that my actions may have unintentionally and indirectly harmed innocent ccbers in some way or the flow of the topic and/or board.

I have been called ignorant, stupid, crazy, demon possessed and other explicatives.There is really nothing new in this regard.

I definately always hope that my husband WILL NOT get into my conflicts, because they are mine and mine alone and he is a much more innocent person,unaware of not to pleasant things in the world,places I have been.

Unfortunately, I have a pretty bad temper which at times I do not control well.A temper out of control, as you well know, can spell disaster in many ways and forms.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2003, 09:13 AM
"One thing that playing a little 3C has done for me is made me a lot more confident in my kick shots"

I agree, 3-C is excellent for your kicking ability. Sucks how my area is almost without true billiard tables! The Korean area has a house, and I have nothing against Korean culture, but please folks, get your elbows and cigatettes off of the rails on my table!!!sid~~~you have to visit one of these billiard halls sometime

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Tap-tap-tap...that's a show stopper. Efrem who? ;-) sid

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2003, 09:30 AM
BW...It was cheap 9-ball with a fun crowd...just felt like trying it cuz I was up a few games going to 5 and felt a little spunky...sid~~same thing happens when SPetty whoops up on me after tequilla shots, I just don't make that cut very often

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Laura...You've taken lots of bruising, more than I could and stay, but you survived and I commend you on it. NOW though is the time for you to see that bolo wasn't being pointed, and Girl, apologize to bolo for snap about jumping in the lake. Be big enough to to that...for me sid

Qtec
06-30-2003, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been called ignorant, stupid, crazy, demon possessed and other explicatives.There is really nothing new in this regard.
<hr /></blockquote>

I think 'ignorant', is totally uncalled for ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry L , just in one of those moods.

Q

tateuts
06-30-2003, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I am sorry for my part in this because others are now jumping in.My regret is that my actions may have unintentionally and indirectly harmed innocent ccbers in some way or the flow of the topic and/or board.

I definately always hope that my husband WILL NOT get into my conflicts, because they are mine and mine alone and he is a much more innocent person,unaware of not to pleasant things in the world,places I have been.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I compliment you on your reserve, stength, and maturity. Clearly your 'overreation' to the first comment was the result of prior harassment.

I see a lot of people who never get anywhere in life because they mistreat their families, children, and peers. They may dominate the timid, but really it is they who are the most insecure and weakest members of society. Their false bravado is a poor substitute for the confidence that comes from being accepted, loved, and accomplished.

I compliment your husband as well for staying out of this. If someone were to mistreat my wife they would certainly have one big fat pissed off me to deal with.

Chris

tateuts
06-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Here's the most incredible shot I've ever hit in competition. I was totally sewn up in the corner, with no way to hit the object ball. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I fired the cue ball with a lot of follow at the foot rail, jumped backward over the two blockers, and pocketed the three in the side pocket. There was a lot of luck involved but my opponent was stunned.

START(
%CY4Y3%DN2W4%EJ4W9%FL6L3%GK7Z2%HD2O1%IH1K9%PI0Y8%_ V3Y0%`C3X2
%aG8Y7
)END

Chris

bluewolf
06-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok but only for you sid. I say sorry to bolo for saying jump in the lake.

'Sorrys' are the easy part, sid, really. It is change that is much more difficult, mine or others. While saying jump in the lake was bad, I reserve judgement as to intentions of Bolo. Only time will tell. Truth is revealed but often only in time.

Laura

bluewolf
06-30-2003, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>
I compliment your husband as well for staying out of this. If someone were to mistreat my wife they would certainly have one big fat pissed off me to deal with.

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Good gosh Chris!!!! I would just hope that if someone did insult me that they would do it when he wasnt around.!!!! I would be really embarrassed if he felt compelled to be some kind of knight in white armor and then they got into it. Much rather handle things myself, things not nearly as likely to escalate into something real stupid like it would between 2 guys. Jeez, I might even get hurt trying to play cop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ever read the book 'games people play' and there was this game 'lets you and him fight'? Bad game. Never liked it at all.

bw

tateuts
06-30-2003, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>
If someone were to mistreat my wife they would certainly have one big fat pissed off me to deal with.

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Laura,

There is no game about it and I'm not saying it's the civilized solution, but there isn't a man out there who wouldn't feel the same way. We instinctively protect our wives, mothers, and daughters the same way a mother instintively protects her child.

Chris

UWPoolGod
06-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Here is my all time shot. Playing my buddy for $5 I got safed with this leave. With what angles I had to work with, I let loose with this 5-rail kick shot. I had to run around the table a few times after I made it. LOL

START(
%HE1Z6%J_9C9%Le7I7%Mr7J4%Nh4D2%Pg7H1%UO1C7%Vf7H0%W `8Z9%XC4H3
%Yr8Q0%Za6[4%[e3D7%\s4P2%]G1Z0%^d3C8%eB1`2%_D0G9%`H9E5%aN1C6
)END

Todd

Rod
06-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Cute little shot there Todd. You went about 20 feet farther than I would of but a good shot all the same.

Rod
06-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Sid,
Since there has been a couple wild and crazy shots shown, I'll show this one. Playing in fairly cheap race I was left with a shot that I couldn't figure a safe. I thought about it and decided to go for it. I drew the ball back for position on the three and on the way back just touched the 5 ball. Note the 2 ball was dead straight and the c/b never touched a rail. The c/b was less than an inch off the end rail, here is about how the balls lie. START(
%BI6Z0%Cq9Q3%DE0V0%EM6Z6%Ff9G3%Hj5S4%IZ2J1%Pr3T2%U K1Z2%Vq3T7
%_J7Y8%`M5Y5%ap5M7
)END

The guy about had the big one, but that wasn't the only shot that night that tightened his shorts. LOL We all get lucky sometimes.

Rod

tateuts
06-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Rod,

That was a truly awesome stroke!

Chris

highsea
06-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Here's another one I pulled off against a friend in a game of "reverse" 8 ball. This game is where you strike the OB into the CB and then the OB has to carom to a pocket. This game was "reverse bank 8", so the 8 ball had to be a bank shot as well.

The CB was in the jaws, so any direct hit on it would have been a scratch and a loss. We only played for a buck a game, so I decided to go for it. I jumped the 8 over the CB, and hit the back of the pocket. The 8 bounced off the back of the pocket, and hit the CB on the way down, knocking the CB back out into the table, and satisfying the requirement for the bank shot on the 8.

START(
%HI5L2%PC5C6%UB6B4%VB0A5%WE9G2%XC9D2%_C2A5%`D9B8%a I0K3

)END
-CM.

tateuts
06-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Highsea,

If someone hit that shot on me I'd be outta there so fast it would make you dizzy!

Chris

Rod
06-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Hell of a shot!

Rod
06-30-2003, 08:41 PM
I'll tell you if I could get ten tries to make it again I wouldn't like my odds. LOL

bluewolf
07-01-2003, 05:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>

Laura,

There is no game about it and I'm not saying it's the civilized solution, but there isn't a man out there who wouldn't feel the same way. We instinctively protect our wives, mothers, and daughters the same way a mother instintively protects her child.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

The games in that book are not 'real' games. They are talking emotionally unhealthy stuff that people do often not even realizing what they are doing.

I would not allow another person to protect me and risk them getting hurt, that parade would never march.

Better to negotiate if I can.I know me. I would jump right into the fight with no thought of the outcome.

Better that than somebody else get hurt, imo.In that case it would be two if not three getting hurt. No winners. All losers. That is why I would do just about anything to keep two guys away from each other over my 'honor' /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laura

bluewolf
07-01-2003, 05:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Laura...You've taken lots of bruising, more than I could and stay, but you survived and I commend you on it. sid <hr /></blockquote>

If I had left because of something somebody said to me, they would win, I would lose. I stayed because I would not allow anyone the satisfaction of me running like a chicken.

I am a figher and a winner. I do not lose in games of mental warfare. The only way I would ever leave is if after thought, it was the best for ccb. In spocks words, 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one'.

Leaving in that case would not be out of fear but out of love and concern for others.

nuff said and btw thanks for being a friend.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
07-01-2003, 09:54 AM
That'd put the fear in me, I'll tell ya! Nice stroke Rod...sid