PDA

View Full Version : Pro Pool School website up and running

koreandragon
06-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Checkout our new website at www.propoolschool.com (http://www.propoolschool.com)

There will be some updates shortly but it should give you most of the info you need.

Check it frequently as we will start having weekly instructional tips from all our World Class Instructors and diaries of tournament matches which will be a www.ProPoolSchool.com (http://www.ProPoolSchool.com) exclusive from inside the minds of such players as Tony Robles, Charlie Williams, Mika Immonen, and more....

E-mail us and tell us how you like the site. Enjoy!

pooltchr
06-30-2003, 06:24 AM
"Limited" to 18 students, 2 days, $750 per student.

Scott...I think we are doing it all wrong!! LOL

Patrick
07-01-2003, 12:08 AM
All knowledge should be for free and accessible for everyone.

Patrick

bigbro6060
07-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Patrick , for once mate i agree with you !

Except you should be paying others to learn your new wave stuff!

just kidding

Out of CHarlie the dragon and Patrick the nutter, id take you anyday mate

koreandragon
07-01-2003, 01:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> "Limited" to 18 students, 2 days, $750 per student.

Scott...I think we are doing it all wrong!! LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Hear what some of our students have to say:

" Just a personal antidote about my husband, Ray, who took your first school. He was an APA skill level seven but was very inconsistent. One week he would play almost like an A player and another week like someone who was significantly weaker than an 7. He was stuck and had been for quite a time.

When your first school came available I strongly encouraged him to go to your school. I told him that if he got one tip from each pro only and something he saw a pro was doing worked for him, then it was well worth the money.

Well, he got way more from each pro than that and because of your school, it bumped him to the next level. Ever since then he has been playing super, better and with great consistency.

I think that anyone who is very good but having a hard time going up that next level would greatly benefit from your school.

Selfishly, I hope that you can keep having this school because I would like to take it myself when I get to be a respectable pool player.

Thanks for what you and the other pros are offering to us."

Laura Woodford

"Thank you so very much for running the pool school last week in Chelmsford,
MA. I can't begin to express my gratitude.

The entire time. What can I say.... It was awesome.

My game has shown little progress over that last 6 months. Attending your
school has rocketed me out of my "learning rut" that I was in. It has
without a doubt has taken my game to a higher level.

I must tell you. I use your 1/4 ball, 1/2 ball and 3/4 ball hits for banking
almost all the time. It's great to walk up to a shot and not have to guess,
It's etched in my brain. "Oh, this is easy, It's a 1/4 ball hit," and WOW, it
goes right in.

Power breaking is awesome now. It seemed so basic before. But know, I can
break very very hard and I'm not worried about the cue-ball flying off the
table.

Tony's two rail kicks system is great. I've used it in most of my matches.
His energy and Positive Mental attitude has helped my mental game to a high
degree.

Karen allowed us to really think when at the table. It was so basic, her theme of
allowing the cue ball to follow the natural path, and not to fight the table.

Watching the 3 of your play with so much confidence was "mind blowing." As a
result, I now feel, when I go to the table, my shots too will go in. Such
confidence. Thanks so much.

Charlie, I want to thank you again. I'm forever indebted to you for
everything you shared with me. "

Respectfully

Dominic Femino

"Dear Mr. Williams, Mr. Robles, &amp; Mr. Souquet,

As a student at the 2003 Predator Pro Pool School, I want to thank you for your outstanding instructional efforts and the long hours that you so graciously afforded us to make the experience productive, enlightening, and memorable.

Every student I talked with was very pleased with the school and the professional instruction offered.

It was indeed a pleasure and privilege to meet and work with you.

Best wishes and success in your careers and in life! "

Thank you so very very much,

Joe Hardesty

bluewolf
07-01-2003, 03:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> All knowledge should be for free and accessible for everyone.

Patrick <hr /></blockquote>

Patrick,

I used to think like you. Maybe people in your country are different but most people I know dont take something as serious if they dont have to pay for it. It is like 'well I payed $/// for that instruction, so I better work on it so my money does not go to waste'.

I am getting ready to teach karate to the kids in my condo. Mostly focusing on the mental aspects I learned because sadly that part which was so available to me 20 years ago is so absent in most karate schools today. I do not care about the money. But I will charge them, even if it is a dime.This is for no reason than so that they will take it seriously. The other way to do it so the person still appreciates is the 'bartering' system. I have seen that happen successfully and I would do this also.

Patrick, I do not care if the condo keeps the money or if it goes to helping rescue dogs. I have all I need to take care of my needs.

Knowlege is a precious thing. I hate to see it go to the grave. Sell it, give it away, as long as it is passed on so that others benefit. That imo, is what is important.

Dont let the cost of Charlie's school daunt you. Things are not always as they appear. Bartering (trading lessons for something else like cleaning house, writing a book for them or whatever skills the student has) goes on in the pool world too, if the instructor sees a student with drive and knows their teachings wont go down the drain.

OTOH, if a person is making a living playing pool, they have to pay their bills too. Pro players in this country, if they do not supplement the playing in tournaments with some other type of income, most are very low on money.

In this country is not socializm. They have to work in some fashion to pay those bills, unless they are on welfare due to disabilities.

Things are done different in different countries. I hope this helps.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
07-01-2003, 06:21 AM
Anybody that quotes bluewolf in their press releases certainly has credibility with me. Where do I sign up?

bluewolf
07-01-2003, 08:00 AM
On the dotted line, but dont forget to bring your glasses, to make sure they did not leave out the dots. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NH_Steve
07-03-2003, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Anybody that quotes bluewolf in their press releases certainly has credibility with me. Where do I sign up? <hr /></blockquote>

I especially liked "antidote" instead of the presumably intended anecdote. (" Just a personal antidote about my husband, Ray, who took your first school...)

I know I'd sign up in a flash if they had an antidote for my inconsistency /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
07-03-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NH_Steve:</font><hr>

I know I'd sign up in a flash if they had an antidote for my inconsistency /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Steve...I believe I HAVE the "antidote"! Now...if I can just make it up to NH! LOL

Scott Lee

DebraLiStarr
07-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Bluewolf: "I used to think like you. Maybe people in your country are different but most people I know dont take something as serious if they dont have to pay for it. "

Sorry.... but I had to read your post a few times to try to understand what you were implying there. Paying instructors large amounts of money will not make you a better player. You can collect knowledge until you run out of shelf space and brain cells, but all of that knowledge will be useless unless you can apply it in your game. I think that rule would apply universally.

I believe that the Pro Pool School is designed to make money for the players that are scheduled to be instructors and nothing more.

The pros have knowledge to pass along, but I can guarantee you that they will be checking their watches at the end. I believe that 1 day with Scott Lee, David Sapolis, or The Monk would be worth much more than 2 days with the pros. The instructors I named are dedicated to their craft, which is teaching. They do it all of the time and they are good at it.

I understand that times are tight for the men players, but times are tight in my world too. If they have nothing else to fall back on besides playing pool, that's not our fault, and we should not be charged outrageously because of it. Of course they will fill the class, as there are probably some that will see this as an opportunity to rub elbows with the pros. Some people would pay any price to do that. That's fine. I just think it would be wise to accept the fact that you are NOT going to learn everything just because Johnny Archer showed up to teach that day. Of course he has a wealth of knowledge to pass along, but does he know how to teach what he knows? I saw his web site. His answers are vague and not very detailed. I'm thinking that is what you will get for your money at Pro Pool School. That's not a personal attack, just something I noticed.

bolo
07-03-2003, 09:47 PM
I agree, plus the level of play of most of the students is such, they may benefit more from instruction on the local level, providing the instructor is competent. The school seems to imply you get better instruction from a better player, i.e.. world class player = world class instruction. From my experience nothing could be farther from the truth. Being a champion does not automatic qualify you to teach. I doubt a crash course would help very many players at all other then to collect a few autographs. I am not even so sure they are motivated by much more then making as much money in as little amount of time as possible. It is a fantasy camp not a learning experience. A player wanting to take instruction needs a good local instructor available to them on a regular basis a lot more then some world champion who won't know their name the next time they see him. I might go as far as to say it is a complete waste of money for what you may gain.

cueball1950
07-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I just love it. Charlie comes on here to promote his pool school all the time and yet he cannot answer a simple PM about the Open and what is going on between the UPA and Barry with this years OPEN. Is it going to be sanctioned? Will the UPA players be able to play if not sanctioned? Simple basic questions. I even expressed my hope that we do not have a repeat of last year. He never answers emails either. I sent him a couple and he had someone named Alvarez answer them. I never sent Alvarez an email. I sent them to Charlie. Is it to the point that he is to busy to answer him own emails?........Just my rambling thoughts and opinion...............................Mike

bluewolf
07-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Bolo,

Both you and Debra make good points. I take lessons from scott. He can not make me a decent pool player, only practice can do that. What he can do is point out things I need to change and give me some drills appropriate to my level. Then If I take what he told me and showed me to the table, I can improve. That is why my stroke is better than it was when I first started, from practicing what he showed me.

Charlie's school assumes a fairly adept knowlege of things I cannot do. That is why I did not take his school. The reason my husband benefited is simple. He is a much better player, but was staying at the same level, no matter how much he practiced, and was often inconsistent. We figured that even one tip that would boost him out of that rut was worth it. That is why he took Charlie's school. It worked. he got tips from them, and got out of that rut and started improving.

I cannot pass jugement on anybody's method or their motivation. The way I think is that if I get something from them, that with practice I can play better, that is all that matters to me.It does not matter if the person was a murderer or a thief, if it ultimately helps my game, that is all I care about.

The reason I take from scott is because it helps my playing when I practice what he taught. There is no way I could take charlies school anyway as it is way over my head.For ex-a knowlege of banking is assumed, which I am very crappy at.

Laura

bolo
07-04-2003, 12:53 PM
My comments were not meant to be a knock on somebody's business venture, I wish them well although I questions their real motives. Pool is just not something that can be taught that way. I don't doubt some knowledge may be picked up, but not necessarily anything they could not have gotten from a good local instructor. If you figure the total cost of one of their school, (with expensive a $1000. or more) You could get from 20 to 30 lessons spread over about a years time from a local instructor. This would lead to real improvement is ones game as well as support the local billiard economy. I know the desire for a short cut is very appealing to the beginning player but pool can't be taught in a weekend and what nuggets of information may be picked up just are not worth a $1000. I don't want what I am saying to reflect on what Scott Lee does. What Scott lee does is in my opinion much different. The instruction is one on one and can be geared specifically to the one student The student does not have to travel and the hourly cost is reasonable. Although you won't be a champion after one lesson, he could get someone off on the right foot and eliminate what would be months of frustration trying to learn on their own, help break bad habits, form good habits, teach some strategies and a whole host of different things tailored for the students needs. I wonder how many students would sign up for their school if not for the big name players they advertise. That seems the be the hook they are depending on. See Laura, I can be civil, I am not as crude as I may come across at times, most people think I am a pretty nice guy. Good luck

07-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

eg8r
07-04-2003, 03:30 PM
I am sure you noticed this already, but he also states in his post here that we should email him. He makes very little attempt to come back here to answer those hard questions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I do understand though, maybe they are working on it, or he does not want to let the cat out of the bag too soon.

Anyways, I think it is in poor taste for him to come to this board, give us a website to go look at (in hopes we will sign up and take the course) and then tell us to email him. This is blatant advertising and once again the board admin sit back and let it happen. That is fine, but if he is going to post here, why not drop the last line and respond to questions fielded on this site?

Here is a question to Charlie, why do you continue to request all questions or any other correspondence to go through your email when you offer the info on the board?

eg8r &lt;~~Positive Charlie is not too busy to answer some questions here on the board.

Kato
07-05-2003, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>Paying instructors large amounts of money will not make you a better player. You can collect knowledge until you run out of shelf space and brain cells, but all of that knowledge will be useless unless you can apply it in your game. I think that rule would apply universally.

I believe that the Pro Pool School is designed to make money for the players that are scheduled to be instructors and nothing more.
<hr /></blockquote>

Debra, I believe you make some valid points. First, lets forget about my shelf space, it's full, plus there is stuff on the floor.

I just had a lesson with Scott and was a captive audience. I don't know about the pros, if they teach or if they have good teaching styles. I know Whitewolf has come on and posted how much he liked pool school though and that he got a great deal out of it. But just like in school of any level the higher the instructor to student ratio the better the learning curve (hopefully). My instruction was 1/1 (the guy that was playing one pocket and hanging out for an hour listening got a free lesson, I paid for it, it's cool) and pool school is what, 1 to 4 or something? Just kinda makes me think that lesson isn't for me, it's for the masses.

I also agree that the school is there to make money for the players and I have no problem with that. If the $750 is what the market bares then so be it and good for them.

The pros do have tons of knowledge. Whether or not they can convey it is an entirely different story. Are the BCA certified or just UPA certified?

Kato

bluewolf
07-05-2003, 06:55 AM
Nothing against Charlie, but why was I not allowed to sell my pool stick on here or even the NP forum? Is there something I missed?

Laura

bluewolf
07-05-2003, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HowlingWolf:</font><hr>
"Being a sl2 lifer with tons of opinions and advice to dish out is not so bad. It gives the chattering class lots to feel superior about. And that, is what ccb is really for. Am i hitting too close?" <hr /></blockquote>

Too close to what: You Sure do rent a lot of head space to me. Can you run 3 balls, silly anon?

bw

Kato
07-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Don't ask me Laura, I just hang out here /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Basically Charlie just announced a new website. I guess I did the same when Hawaiin Fantasy launched her son's forum. Perhaps you could get a home page, put a cue on there with a price and people could see it. All you would probably have to do is put the website in your signature and people may click on it.

Kato~~~extremely helpful after 5 cups of coffee.

eg8r
07-05-2003, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you could get a home page, put a cue on there with a price and people could see it. All you would probably have to do is put the website in your signature and people may click on it. <hr /></blockquote> Not a bad idea at all. Have another cup of coffee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
07-05-2003, 07:35 AM
I am, matter a fact I have to cups of Barnie's Irish Creme (no liquor) in front of me right now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~wired on caffine and getting off work in 2 long hours.

bolo
07-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Every time I see one of his ads I click on the notice box. I guess they regard it as a public service like a tournament announcement. I think they are wrong, but it is their board, I like to at least make my vote though, if I think something is wrong. Maybe that is how they decide, if no body complains they let it go. Out and out selling though, I would expect to see them pull it.

pooltchr
07-05-2003, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr><hr /></blockquote>

The pros do have tons of knowledge. Whether or not they can convey it is an entirely different story. Are the BCA certified or just UPA certified?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>
Kato,
The BCA has a list of BCA Instructors on their web site. I don't recall seeing any UPA players on the list. There are a couple of WPBA pro's on the list, including Fran, and several of the regular posters on the ccb are on the BCA active instructor list. IMHO, these are the people that know how to TEACH pool.

cueball1950
07-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Mr Williams is just to busy and important a man to bother answering any questions on here about his organization and what is going on with this years Open. He has proved it over and over time and again. He only answers when he will benefit from it personally. Otherwise he has his mouthpiece Mr Alvarez do his talking by answering his emails. Like i said before,it has happened to me in the past. I to have also complained to ccb admin about his blatant advertising on this board but i get no reply. So i just gave up on it. Just my humble opinions......Mike