PDA

View Full Version : Pool tables in downtown New York?

CrispyFish
06-30-2003, 07:04 AM
I will buy about a dozen beers for whoever can help me out here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I work in downtown Manhattan, near the WTC site. I'd like to be able to do some drills during my lunch break, preferably on a 8 or 9-footer.

Does anybody know where I can find a table in this vicinity? There used to be a place here called City Hall Billiards, but they closed after 9/11. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Hey Crispy. I too work in downtown Manhattan (26 Federal Plaza to be exact) and I used to go to City Hall Billiards too. They closed before 9/11 and they told me that they were renovating i.e. new tables, better lighting, etc. After 9/11, it turned out that they were actually building co op apartments. The nerve.

Anyway, what I started to do was take a train ride one express stop to 14th Street and go to Corner Billiards. Either that one or Soho Billiars but I prefer Corner Billiards. There aren't any poolrooms around where we work but they do have tons of barboxes which is not what you're looking for.

CrispyFish
06-30-2003, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Crispy. I too work in downtown Manhattan (26 Federal Plaza to be exact) and I used to go to City Hall Billiards too. They closed before 9/11 and they told me that they were renovating i.e. new tables, better lighting, etc. After 9/11, it turned out that they were actually building co op apartments. The nerve.

Anyway, what I started to do was take a train ride one express stop to 14th Street and go to Corner Billiards. Either that one or Soho Billiars but I prefer Corner Billiards. There aren't any poolrooms around where we work but they do have tons of barboxes which is not what you're looking for. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I tried going to SOHO once on my lunch break, but the trains were slow so I had to turn around. Maybe I could get to Corner Billiards quicker if I took the 4/5. Do you play during your lunch break? If so, how much of that do you get to spend at the table?

Maybe there's a business opportunity here... I know at least a few people now who'd like to see a pool hall in the area!

9 Ball Girl
06-30-2003, 08:22 AM
I used to leave my job at about 12:45 PM, take the 4 or 5 one express stop to 14th Street. I would get to Corner Billiards (3 blocks away from the train station) by no later than 1PM. I'd get on a table right away, order one of their lunch specials, and play for about 1 hour to 1.5 hour. Then I'd take the express back and sneak back to work. I don't really get monitored here and they understand that I have to take care of my priorities! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CrispyFish
07-01-2003, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I used to leave my job at about 12:45 PM, take the 4 or 5 one express stop to 14th Street. I would get to Corner Billiards (3 blocks away from the train station) by no later than 1PM. I'd get on a table right away, order one of their lunch specials, and play for about 1 hour to 1.5 hour. Then I'd take the express back and sneak back to work. I don't really get monitored here and they understand that I have to take care of my priorities! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
You're my hero!!!

I tried it out today and it looks like I can make it there in just under 15 minutes from the Fulton St. stop. That means I can take about 30 minutes every day to work on drills and problem shots... sweet! I had no idea it would be so easy to get there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Message me next time you'll be there around lunchtime, and I'll buy you a drink or some table time or something... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2003, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CrispyFish:</font><hr>Message me next time you'll be there around lunchtime, and I'll buy you a drink or some table time or something... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Cool! Will do!