PDA

View Full Version : Re: Tour Ideas / New name Needed

MikeJanis
06-30-2003, 07:40 PM
About a week ago I put a post here about "Tour Ideas Needed". This heading also hit several other forums. The response was tremendous and I wanted to let everyone know that I have started that project. Combining as many of the Regional Tours together to create one large entity.

I have spoken with most everyone I needed to from the other tours and we all agreed that this is something we can do to help make our sport better for everyone. Now all we need is a name!

Simply put, I am asking for input from this group the help create a name for our new organization. Ultimately the DBA name will be whatever company that decides to be the main sponsor (sometin like the "Nike Tour" I hope). But for now, we need to give it a name that can be used to make this new effort more unified and identifiable.

So here's where you come in. You create the name. I'm not offering any mooola or prizes for this one, just bragging rights and the good felling that you'll get every time you see that name in print.

Please post your responses in this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Janis
President/Founder
The Viking cue 9-Ball Tour

cueball1950
06-30-2003, 08:18 PM
how about,"The North American 9 Ball Tour" or "The USA Tour" or how about "The American Tour" just a few ideas .........Mike

tateuts
06-30-2003, 11:55 PM
<font color="red">U N I F I E D</font color>
9-BALL TOUR

Chris

pooltchr
07-01-2003, 06:17 AM
All good suggestions. Possibly the "(sponsor) All American 9-ball Tour" Red White &amp; Blue Logo, etc. I personally would like to see the All American 10-Ball tour, but I don't think that will fly!

Doctor_D
07-01-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> how about,"The North American 9 Ball Tour" or "The USA Tour" or how about "The American Tour" just a few ideas .........Mike <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

Personally, I like the "North American 9 Ball Tour"

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MarkUrsel
07-01-2003, 08:58 AM
The Budweiser World 9-Ball Tour Presented by Mercedes Benz.

What the hell, go after the big boys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Irish
07-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Pool is now a world wide sport. Even tournaments in the USA draw players from all over the world. Whateveryou call the tour DONT call it the North America/USA/ect... tour. Call it something universal.... Heck maybe the Universal Professional Pool Tour (UPPT). You might be able to get some cash from Universal studies even (as well as perhaps increase the chances of TV coverage.