PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyners-will Kobayashi defend his title?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-01-2003, 01:09 PM
I'd say he's a lock. There's a place you can bet on this but that would be like betting against Secretariat.

http://www.cgpix.com/images/Coneyisland/Nathans/nat9.jpg

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I think he will. I can never watch those things though. I start to feel nauseaus for them! Who invents these things? Better yet, where do they find these people? Do they actually practice??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
07-01-2003, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Do they actually practice??? <hr /></blockquote>I recall seeing a piece on TV about the International Federation of Competitive Eating ( http://www.ifoce.com/ ). Yes, they practice.

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2003, 02:57 PM
The IFOCE? Supposedly it's America's fastest growing sport! You mean to tell me I've been practicing at the wrong sport?! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/@rnoo.gif

Wendy&lt;---still can't watch 'em...

highsea
07-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Now, there's a topic for a new thread!

"Competitive Eating" is it a sport?

hehe

-CM

Qtec
07-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Cow Brains
57 (17.7 pounds)
15 minutes
Takeru Kobayashi

Eating 1 would be an achievement. Yeeuch !

Q

9 Ball Girl
07-01-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't know what's worse--cow brains or mountain oysters!

highsea
07-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Call me fussy, but I don't anything that can be classified as an "organ". /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just give me a nice juicy T-bone, medium rare!

-CM

TomBrooklyn
07-02-2003, 08:29 AM
Kobayashi is untouchable. He has redefined his sport in a shorter time than any other athlete in any other sport has ever done. The advancements of Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordon, and Barry Bonds pale in comparison. If anyone wants to join me in attending his attempt at a three peat and then doing a little swimming and/or boating, drop me a line. =Tom

Kato
07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
I have eaten goat brain. It's not bad by any stretch. Had a good friend that had Mexican's living next to him. They were having a picnic and invited us. Rolled it in tortilla's. Told us after the fact.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
07-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Let me guess. Taste like chicken? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
07-02-2003, 09:22 AM
That's what everyone says about everything they can't tell. "Hey, I just ate a pencil eraser, tastes like chicken".

I can tell you that rattlesnake and gator taste like chicken. Chicken also strangely enough tastes like chicken. Goat brain had so much other stuff with it and on it I couldn't tell what it tasted like with the sour cream and salsa and stuff.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2003, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> That's what everyone says about everything they can't tell. "Hey, I just ate a pencil eraser, tastes like chicken"....<hr /></blockquote>

Can't remember where I heard it but apparently because birds are closely related to dinosaurs, reptiles such as snakes and gators taste like chicken. Honest.

Fred Agnir
07-02-2003, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Goat brain had so much other stuff with it and on it I couldn't tell what it tasted like with the sour cream and salsa and stuff.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>Maybe it tasted like chicken brain?