PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother's Eyes Built Bigger, Scary!

Sid_Vicious
07-01-2003, 02:09 PM
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/6211959.htm

I dunno about you, but I don't care for my wherabouts every minute of the day for a decade to be electively known. When's this loss of privacy for Americans gonna end???sid

eg8r
07-01-2003, 02:14 PM
I am not sure when it ends. Coming to soon I am afraid.

On thing you can bet on, that technology will help keep a lot more people honest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Vehicle registration revenue should go through the roof. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
07-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Fear of being caught has got nothing to do with it .For most people in jail , prison is an inevitibility.
The junkie will still use . He will steal and rob to satisfy his addiction .There are omly 2 solutions . You cure him or you give it to him for nothing .
If there is no profit to be made ,what is the point of selling.

The cameras are for spying not for crime fighting . They are good for collecting money though.

Q

highsea
07-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Under the guise of tackling "terrorism" the EU's Justice and Home Affairs Minister decided on 20 September 2001 that the law enforcement agencies needed to have access to all traffic data (phone-calls, mobile calls, e-mails, faxes and internet usage) for the purpose of criminal investigations in general.

http://www.statewatch.org/news/2002/aug/05datafd1.htm

-CM

eg8r
07-01-2003, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fear of being caught has got nothing to do with it . <font color="blue"> I was referring the average day-to-day honest citizen. </font color>

For most people in jail , prison is an inevitibility.
The junkie will still use . He will steal and rob to satisfy his addiction .There are omly 2 solutions . You cure him or you give it to him for nothing . <font color="blue"> Whatever this has to do with cameras videotaping vehicles I don't know, however I do know this, if you are a druggie and driving a stolen vehicle you better watch out. </font color>

If there is no profit to be made ,what is the point of selling.

The cameras are for spying not for crime fighting . <font color="blue"> And I thought for sure this would not have come out of your mouth. I was certain you would have jumped on that "loss of privacy" bandwagon with Sid. I am pretty certain that sooner or later, this administration or the next will find some sort of day to day implementation for policing activities. If not just to find un-registered vehicles, we are sure it will happen sooner or later. I do agree that the Patriot Act is a bad idea, and I do not like the idea of Big Brother looking over my shoulder, and that is why I see no reason why this will not be implemented also. </font color>

They are good for collecting money though. <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

eg8r
07-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Ouch, did the EU start all this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Keith Talent
07-01-2003, 04:52 PM
How did it get decided we would have to buy all these toys for the cops? Somebody must actually want to live in such a world.

Let's blame Dubya and his pals. Just like OT, crime messes up the efficient deployment of the instruments of production, i.e., us. Freelance reproduction no doubt also narrows profit margins ... they'll take care of that next, no doubt.

Qtec
07-02-2003, 12:43 AM
I am all for cameras on the streets .In the UK cameras have caught a lot of criminals who otherwise would have got away . If its on the street, its in public view anyway .

Q

Fran Crimi
07-02-2003, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
The cameras are for spying not for crime fighting .
Q <hr /></blockquote>

How do you locate terrorists, find out what they're up to and stop them before they do damage? Spying.

How do you locate more terrorists? Better spying.

Privacy doesn't do you a whole lot of good when you're choking to death in fumes from a chemical attack.

I imagine groups like the Neonazis aren't too thrilled about this but it doesn't bother me one bit. I have no problem with the government watching me go to the supermarket. I agree with you. Let 'em watch.

Fran

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Considering your place of residence I can see how you would feel that way. It doesn't really bother me too much either. As long as they don't plant a computer chip in my ass /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In England I hear it's almost impossible to go anywhere without being on camera, in the cities anyway. One odd thing is, they have no mailboxes on the corners. Too easy to drop a bomb in one.

Rich R.
07-02-2003, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I have no problem with the government watching me go to the supermarket. I agree with you. Let 'em watch.<hr /></blockquote>
I agree completely Fran.
If your not doing anything wrong, what is the difference if the government is watching or not?

Fran Crimi
07-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Ha!

I don't know about the airports around your area, but we have no trash bins in the NY airports for the same reason you stated. Last week I picked someone up at the airport and made the mistake of carrying a can of AZ Iced tea with me. Walked around with the damn empty can for an hour. Finally brought the thing back to my car and dumped it there.

Fran

CarolNYC
07-03-2003, 05:17 AM
I was down the Jersey Shore yesterday,Belmar Beach,and my nieces friend says "theres webcams all over here!" and I was like, "No way!"
Sure enough, if you go under earthcams.com and type in "New Jersey" , you see photos taken of the beach! Hmmmmmmm!
Carol~it seems eyes are EVERYWHERE!:):):):):)

Fran Crimi
07-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Holy Smokes, Carol! I think I can see you in one of yesterday's pictures. Was that you eating a salami sandwich? LOL! Just kidding.

That's really wild, isn't it?

Fran

CarolNYC
07-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Cm'on now Fran,
You know only containers of THINLY sliced Soppresata and provolone-they were out of GENOA anyway,ha ha ha!
Carol~definitely in Solarcaine city today!:):):):):)

Hopster
07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Cm'on now Fran,
You know only containers of THINLY sliced Soppresata and provolone-they were out of GENOA anyway,ha ha ha! &lt;--Carol

The sweet or the hot ?? Fed ex me one Carol and while youre at it, i will take a large pie from Patsys on 118th and 1st please. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopster
07-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Its going to go that way anyway in the future and theres nothing that can be done about it. But if youre not a junk dealer or a wise guy or a terrorist, theres not much to worry about. In other words if you aint doing nothing you aint supposed to be doing, dont sweat it.
What can you do about it anyway, unless you want to go live on top of a mountain ?

highsea
07-04-2003, 01:02 AM
I know what you mean, Sid. It seems like every day I get a new "privacy notice" from someone or another. If it's not the bank or the phone company, it's Paypal or Ebay or Microsoft. Even the damn grocery stores make you use an ID card so they can track what you eat.

You have to read every one of these so called "privacy notices" over very carefully, too. Usually there is some fine print in there somewhere that warns you that unless you go through some complicated "opt out" procedure, you are agreeing to let whatever institution has your personal information sell it to the telemarketers and spammers.

I am not opposed to surveilance cameras in stores, banks, public buildings, etc. I think they have a deterrent effect on some would be criminals. With the exception of the ones in public buildings and squares, they are not taxpayer funded.

I do not like the idea of some big taxpayer funded database system that tracks your every move just for the sake of doing it. Who will maintain the integrity of the information and protect the privacy of the individual?

-CM

CarolNYC
07-04-2003, 03:55 AM
Hopster,
I'm LMAO-only the "SWEET!" ha ha ha
Let me know when and where and you got it!
Have a safe and happy 4th!
Carol:):):)

Qtec
07-04-2003, 06:39 AM
Check this out Sid. Q

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/3044302.stm

Hopster
07-04-2003, 02:18 PM
You have a good one too Carol.
You never had a pie from Patsys up in East Harlem ? Best in the city when i was there but thats 16 years ago. 118th st and 1st ave. Just dont go wandering around the neighborhood without an uzi though. lol

CarolNYC
07-05-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey Hopster,
I knew you were talking about Harlem-16 yrs. ago-they might not even be there now:(
No uzi needed-just a cuestick,ha ha ha!
You take care!
Carol~knows Hopsters cooking up a storm!:):):):)

Hopster
07-05-2003, 08:50 AM
I knew you were talking about Harlem-16 yrs. ago-they might not even be there now:( &lt;--Carol

They are still there. Phone: (212) 534-9783