PDA

View Full Version : What's the etiquette for moving the coins?

Rio
07-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Got any thoughts about the etiquette of using coins in scorekeeping? I prefer to move my own coin, and I prefer that my opponent move his own coin. I never move my opponent's coin without his permission. When I move my opponent's coin, I tell him that I'm doing so.

How do more experienced players handle the coins?

--Rio

Deeman
07-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Same exactly. If I know the other shooter well, we might move each other's coins but not normally.

Fran Crimi
07-02-2003, 07:02 AM
IMO, always move your own coin, never move your opponent's, but more importantly, start the coins at the head-end of the table. This way you're not interfering with the racker when you move your coin.

Fran

Leviathan
07-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Related subject: How are the coins moved in a race beyond nine games--in a race to 11, for example?

E. Degas

Fran Crimi
07-02-2003, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> Related subject: How are the coins moved in a race beyond nine games--in a race to 11, for example?

E. Degas <hr /></blockquote>

When you get to 5, leave the coin there and start back at the beginning with another coin. When both your coins are at 5, you're on the hill and there's never interference with the racker.

Fran

Leviathan
07-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks, Fran--very sensible procedure. And it has the advantage that I won't have to learn to count past five!
--D.M.

pooltchr
07-02-2003, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> I won't have to learn to count past five!
--D.M.
<hr /></blockquote>

Would love to play some 9-ball for 20 a game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL

griffith_d
07-02-2003, 10:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rio:</font><hr> Got any thoughts about the etiquette of using coins in scorekeeping? I prefer to move my own coin, and I prefer that my opponent move his own coin. I never move my opponent's coin without his permission. When I move my opponent's coin, I tell him that I'm doing so.

How do more experienced players handle the coins?

--Rio <hr /></blockquote>

I have not used two coins,...we just use one and both move it,...whoever is closer or the person who just won.

Griff