PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous cues, awesome price, 2 good 2 be true???

Deniel
07-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Nice cues (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=jag_dis tributing)
A guy on RSB posted this. These are beautiful cues. And if it's really handcrafted and with real inlays, those prices are up for grab. What do you think? It sure feels like too good to be true

Deniel

JPB
07-02-2003, 10:41 PM
can't be good. I would pass.

griffith_d
07-03-2003, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> can't be good. I would pass. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree,...run from these cues.

Griff

Pizza Bob
07-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Just a guess, but if I had to bet, I'd bet these are Phillipino cues. Lots of abalone and inlays. From what I've heard (not seen first hand, mind you) they are below par, as far as quality is concerned. While it doesn't seem like much money considering the intricacy of the cue, when you're taking a chance, it's a heck of a lot. JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Cueless Joey
07-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Those are definitely Philippine-made cues.
If the seller is not using the maker's name, he mustn't be that good.
Those fancy inlays won't do a darn thing to your game.
I'd rather shoot with a simple solidly built cue than a bad hitting fancy one.

tateuts
07-03-2003, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deniel:</font><hr> Nice cues (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&amp;userid=jag_dis tributing)
A guy on RSB posted this. These are beautiful cues. And if it's really handcrafted and with real inlays, those prices are up for grab. What do you think? It sure feels like too good to be true

Deniel <hr /></blockquote>

Deniel,

They're Filipino cues. They are relatively inexpensive because of the cheap labor in the Phillipines. Cue parts are relatively inexpensive - it's the hand labor that costs so much on a custom. There are some top craftsmen in the Phillipines.

For us here in the U.S., I would be concerned about bringing in wood that has been in a tropical climate for any length of time, even if it's kiln dried, because it will have a high moisture content from the 80 percent natural humidity.

These cues should be fine in your climate. Why can't you just get cues from the Phillipines? If they're not available in Indonesia they are probably available in Singapore or Malaysia.

Chris

griffith_d
07-03-2003, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Those are definitely Philippine-made cues.
If the seller is not using the maker's name, he mustn't be that good.
Those fancy inlays won't do a darn thing to your game.
I'd rather shoot with a simple solidly built cue than a bad hitting fancy one. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with joey,...go for money spent on quality wood and parts(joint, ferrule, tip,..etc) than the fancy looking(fake) cue that does nothing for your game.

Griff

Deniel
07-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Yeah It's definetely a Philipine's made cue, the seller said so himself. Thanks for the head up guys, appreciate it.

Deniel

arn3
07-06-2003, 05:40 AM