PDA

View Full Version : What do I, a beginner have to offer the ccb?

bluewolf
07-03-2003, 11:28 AM
When Fran started her Life before ccb thread, things got real quiet, except for myself and maybe 1-2 others, everyone that posted was a very experienced pool player or a very good instructor. And guess what, myself and those other two who are not at some lofty sl did not did creamed. Now what does that tell you? They want us to stay!!!

They just want us to be careful what we say. I did not take this personal, even though I have been guilty of the very thing they were talking about. We had a saying in narcotics anonymous about not wanting a person with two days clean trying to tell a person with one day clean how to stay clean.

The difference between you and me? All of those experienced people you heard share went to the 'billiard school of hard knocks'. You heard them:many hours of table time, years and years of hard work, figuring out things often for themselves.

Well I have not been to the same school they went to because I have only been here on ccb and playing for about 10 months. But I went to the ccb school of hard knocks. I made mistakes when I got here, thought I knew stuff about pool I didnt, even gave advice, sort of like a white belt in karate trying to tell the black belt how to do karate.

I can laugh about it now and have tried to make apologies where I needed too and stayed and let it go, emotionally I mean, to the best of my ability.Sometimes I still blow up and have to apologize. I am not perfect and now know that considering many people and what they know here, I know next to nothing about pool. But I do not believe that most people want me to go away or not be here.

I feel very qualified to tell you about how confused I was when I got here. I did not know who was who or what was good advice and what wasnt. I did not know who Earl Strickand was and they were talking about him when I got here. I kept hearing about table time and did not even know what that was either.It took me a long time to figure out who to listen to and that was after my head spun around a few times like the girl in the exorcist or something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I thought I was supposed to take it all in and do it all at once and I was confused. It was too much too soon.

I finally learned after many months and trying the patience many times of almost everybody here what I was ready to learn and what I was not ready to learn. Once I started a thread on english. Well I found out it was way more over my head than I had realized, closed the thread and did not read about it anymore. I just was not ready.

What I now do as far as my pool is to get something simple off here from the people who know what they are talking about, go practice it. That is about all. Lots of the stuff I hear here, it is over my head and I just have to skip it.

The non pool forum is good for having fun. Lots of topics are okay to post on too like opinions about sandbagging, cuz that is just an opinion about something that does not have anything to do with a person's game. That is my opinion of course.

Not much more I can say. I imagine I will screw up from time to time and give an opinion that sounds like advice, but you have my signature line and you know it is the opinion of a beginner not an expert. And please listen to the experienced people here. Find out who they are.

Advice is cheap and opinions are like a holes, everybody has one. But some opinions are like gold ie people like fran and many others.

Believe me there is lots of rich pool knowlege here and lots of experience.

Catcha later. Scott will be here in 30 minutes yipee

Laura

Rip
07-05-2003, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> We had a saying in narcotics anonymous about not wanting a person with two days clean trying to tell a person with one day clean how to stay clean.

The difference between you and me? All of those experienced people you heard share went to the 'billiard school of hard knocks'. You heard them:many hours of table time, years and years of hard work, figuring out things often for themselves.

I have only been here on ccb and playing for about 10 months.

I But I do not believe that most people want me to go away or not be here.

I feel very qualified to tell you about how confused I was when I got here.

Laura

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> </font color> My game has improved considerably over the past 10 months due to your "contributions" as described in the snippets of your post.

Since most threads have consisted of one person asking a question and then the same person responding with 6 or 7 responses to their own question, there has been no need to read most of the posts during the past 10 months. This has meant increased TABLE TIME for me!
Rip~~believe it or not! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
07-05-2003, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do I, a beginner have to offer the ccb? <hr /></blockquote> Extra long wordy posts that say a lot of nothing, and end with, I have never played that game anyways. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
07-05-2003, 01:53 PM
ED...that made me smile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif like you dont even know...BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAH AHAHA!!!

rackmup
07-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Ed has spent way too much time around people like me. I was hopeful that our recent time apart would bring him back to the nice kid he was when we first met but it looks like that might not be the case.

Regards,

Ken (Orlando better get ready for a whole new Ed)

eg8r
07-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, I guess what changed the most because of my time spent around Ken in the pool halls was the speed of my delivery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have to quicken the pace around Ken, or I miss out and get dropped on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

rackmup
07-05-2003, 02:51 PM
You're doing fine son and I am happy to have served in the role of mentor.

Just remember...

"...when you can snatch this carpet from beneath my feet, before allowing me the time and opportunity to catch myself before I fall flat on my face, then you Grasshopper, are ready for the challenges of life."

Regards,

Ken (Ed is a good guy and one only realizes how much they will miss someone when they realize that person is about to leave.)

Karatemom
07-05-2003, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> </font color> My game has improved considerably over the past 10 months due to your "contributions" as described in the snippets of your post.

Since most threads have consisted of one person asking a question and then the same person responding with 6 or 7 responses to their own question, there has been no need to read most of the posts during the past 10 months. This has meant increased TABLE TIME for me!
Rip~~believe it or not! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Where you been, friend? Missed you lately!

Heide

TomBrooklyn
07-05-2003, 04:33 PM
I'd say one useful role of the beginner on CCB is to ask questions about the basics. The responses are usually useful for the intermediate players and maybe the advanced players because everyone(?) needs to review the basics from time to time. =TomBk

Rip
07-05-2003, 07:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr>

Rip~~believe it or not! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Where you been, friend? Missed you lately!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Heide,
I've actually been playing a lot of pool and trying to stay away from my office as much as possible!
The CCB neighborhood has once again changed. It seems this place has been hi-jacked by yet another unique individual. This one seems more than willing to share more than we really need to know about every aspect of her personal life...I even remember a post where she described her bodily functions! I wish her well on her journey to becoming an "SL 3.14", and earning the rights to a new moniker...."Pi Wolf".

Say hi to CC and lil CC ok?

Rip~~misses Patrick LOL!

Qtec
07-05-2003, 08:04 PM
OMG, Ken, youre breaking my heart . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

[ pass the puke bucket Murial ] /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rackmup
07-06-2003, 11:00 AM
(I haven't said a nice thing about or to the guy since he moved here. Just give me a little break here. I don't want him spreading unwarranted rumors about me in Orlando.)

eg8r
07-06-2003, 02:35 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

07-07-2003, 12:24 PM
You offer entertainment value bluewolf. That is your contribution. People wait for one of your stupid posts so they can jump in and rip on you. The sad part is you bring it on yourself. You have been told time and time again in nice and not so nice ways you are a pest, like that little kid who keeps asking ďare we there yet? are we there yet?Ē And not once has it sunk in that you pretty much donít contribute a damn thing. You are constantly quoting from someone who has been banned from the board for stupid behavior. Do you think that justifies what say? It only makes you look more clueless. Maybe you should just shut up for a change and read or ask a simple question (under 10 words and no background history, mood feelings, horoscope or bodily function descriptions) and shut the hell up and look at what the people are say and post what you think they should say. There is no doubt you are a nice person, itís that you come off stupid and annoying. So cut the crap and act like a normal. If you have a need to being online and want humiliation and ridicule then there are several fetish sites out that that can help you with this

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Go back to kindergarten, stupid anon.

Blackwolf
07-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Yea, stupidhead!

cheesemouse
07-07-2003, 03:14 PM
MY DAD CAN BE NICER THAN YOUR DAD...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I'd say one useful role of the beginner on CCB is to ask questions about the basics. The responses are usually useful for the intermediate players and maybe the advanced players because everyone(?) needs to review the basics from time to time. =TomBk <hr /></blockquote>

Tom,

Thanks very much. The whole thread was to encourage people who are new here. Sorry if I did not do this right.But I thankyou very much for your comment.

Laura

=k=
07-08-2003, 09:27 AM
I know next to nothing about pool. But I do not believe that most people want me to go away or not be here.

i wouldn't take a poll on this if i were you!!

bluewolf
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote =k=:</font><hr> I know next to nothing about pool. But I do not believe that most people want me to go away or not be here.

i wouldn't take a poll on this if i were you!! <hr /></blockquote>

Taken out of context. I was comparing myself to those with lots of expereince and lots of time on the table. The purpose of this thread was to encourage new people to stay. Much was tongue and cheek. I know who my friends are here.

There is no need for a poll, my friend, or maybe you are an enemy, who knows. If the new inexpereinced people went away, who would you have to pass on wisdom to?

I post too much, so what! At least, I am not nasty, most of the time. It is people who enjoy putting down others that do not help the sport at all!!!