PDA

View Full Version : What happend to Larry this time?

07-03-2003, 03:19 PM
It looked like FL was trying to get his act together and was posting decently. Then his account is pulled and some of his messages were deleted by the CCB admin.

Did he backslide and fly off the handle again, or was he supposed to be perma-banned the first time?

07-03-2003, 03:49 PM
I heard he and Fran got into it and she got him canned for the 2nd time. You will have to ask her what went on. The guy was trying to come back and behave, it does not make a lot of sense. I am dying to know the story, I am sure his big mouth got the best of him once more. He is gone, if you want to know you will have to go into AZ or the new playpool.com, he is a regular poster on those two boards,
send him a pm and ask him. That's what I did, he did respond by saying hme was very upset over being kicked off and could not discuss it now. He said when he recovers from the shock of it, he will discuss it in a day or two and he promised to email me back.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-03-2003, 04:30 PM
I read the post that the admin deleted.
FL had done it again. He read a reply that Fran had made to someone else, told Fran she had made BIG mistake about him, accused the Broklyn kid of attacking him and spreading false rumors and was wanting to meet Fran in person to discuss the whole mess.

I don't know how FL can teach anyone anything as long as he continues to miss-read and become so quickley emotional.

FL PM'd me asking for a truce (I didn't even know we were at war) wanted to buy me a beer and become friends. I don't think I've ever turned down an invitation from any CCBer to meet and play pool. But FL said he would be in Cincy in a couple of months and I replied, "Moving to Sacramento" I won't be here anymore.. sorry.

Strange poster this FL person.

I don't understand why he was banned the first time or why he was allowed to return (with full data restored) this time and then banned again so quickley, unless he and the admin have had some words we will never hear about.

My advice.. don't piss off the admin.

tateuts
07-03-2003, 05:16 PM
David,

It reminds me of Cheesemouse's "drinking hole" analogy.

In this case, it's "don't piss in your own drinking hole if you want to come back".

Chris

Fran Crimi
07-03-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm copying my response to you from another thread here, so you and anyone who missed it can see it:

Hey, thanks for giving me the opportunity to dispel the rumors. Here's what happened. Fast mistakenly thought a post I wrote to sid was addressed to him. He was hurt and upset and rehashed a misunderstanding that occurred between us in the past, which has since been completely resolved. BD saw the post and deleted it. I saw it was deleted so I deleted my response to him as well.

Fast called me and told me he had been banned again by the CCB and asked me if I had anything to do with it. I told him the truth. Absolutely not. I had nothing to do with him being banned the last time and this time as well. I have had absolutely no correspondence with BD regarding Fast, EVER, until this morning, when I called them on his behalf, asking that they consider reinstating him. I explained to them that it was a simple misunderstanding and his posts have been really great since he returned.

I do not have the final say in BD's decisions and I do not know their final decision. I would like to see him back, but it's not my choice to make.

Fran

Irish
07-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Who is it that is in control of the bans and content control of this board. Usually the admin of message boards are peers and active members of the community. So who is in control of this board?

If any of you who have the admin powers are reading this then step forward and let us know who you are. We have a right to know who runs this board and decides what we the readers should read and not read. If you sit back in the shadows doing whatever you want behind a veil of shadows then I will have to label you all a bunch of board nazis.

At least at AZBilliards we all know what is going on and who is in charge. When decisions are made the members are made aware and are able to discuss the changes. This board seems to quietly do everything in secret as if they are worried about negative response. If you are so worried about the response of the posters then maybe you are making the wrong choices dont ya think?

bluewolf
07-03-2003, 06:25 PM
I sent a request that he be reinstated after i saw where Fran had done this,where it says contact us. I do not know their phone number. If enough other people want him , back, then sometimes there is power in numbers.

Laura

highsea
07-03-2003, 06:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> ...If any of you who have the admin powers are reading this then step forward and let us know who you are. We have a right to know who runs this board and decides what we the readers should read and not read. If you sit back in the shadows doing whatever you want behind a veil of shadows then I will have to label you all a bunch of board nazis...<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, but this seems a bit..reactionary?

1. It's not difficult to contact the administrators of the board, nor is it difficult to ascertain their identities.

2. Calling them "board nazis" for being anonymous is (at best) an odd thing for an anonymous poster to say.

3. This board is a free service paid for and managed by BD. You, as a user, do not have a "right" to be here, nor do you have a "right" to say how it's run. Neither do I. It is solely up to BD's discretion how it is managed.

4. BD is not telling you what you can and can't read. They are excersizing their right to manage who is permitted to post to the board.

If you have a complaint for the Admin's, I recommend you address it to them. I'm sure they have reasons for their actions, and I'm equally sure they have no problem telling you what those reasons are.

-CM

Irish
07-03-2003, 07:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> ...If any of you who have the admin powers are reading this then step forward and let us know who you are. We have a right to know who runs this board and decides what we the readers should read and not read. If you sit back in the shadows doing whatever you want behind a veil of shadows then I will have to label you all a bunch of board nazis...<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, but this seems a bit..reactionary?

1. It's not difficult to contact the administrators of the board, nor is it difficult to ascertain their identities.

2. Calling them "board nazis" for being anonymous is (at best) an odd thing for an anonymous poster to say.

3. This board is a free service paid for and managed by BD. You, as a user, do not have a "right" to be here, nor do you have a "right" to say how it's run. Neither do I. It is solely up to BD's discretion how it is managed.

4. BD is not telling you what you can and can't read. They are excersizing their right to manage who is permitted to post to the board.

If you have a complaint for the Admin's, I recommend you address it to them. I'm sure they have reasons for their actions, and I'm equally sure they have no problem telling you what those reasons are.

-CM
<hr /></blockquote>

Notice the "If" in front of both sentances. I was not passing judgment unless those "If"'s happen to be true.

1) If they are regular posters then does it say Admin beside their posting names? I post on many different boards, this is the only one where I am unsure of the powers that be.

2) I am not annonymous on this board. I have posted as Irish since I first came to this board, I use only that moniker. I could care less what the "real" name of the admin is, they can let us all know that the user named "poolizcool" is the admin and that is his posting name, that is good enough for me. [edit]I just looked at the entrance of the board. The admin is called CCboard-Admin it seems. I have never seen a post by this person besides the rules post at the top. If the person known as CCBoard-Admin does actually post on this board and is a member of the community then it is under a different name.

3) This board is a free service paid for by BD, great. EZboards are free as well. This board exists and prospers because of the users. Last I looked this board has some advertising, it is quite possible this board makes money. As I user I dont feel I should sit and shut up about certain things I find are being done poorly on this board. They can go ahead and run the board however they want but if I were them I would want traffic and for the users to be happy. If they just want a dictatorship and for all the little posters to not give any input to how the board is run then that is fine, they have the power to ban me, course then I come off as looking right as nothing I have said here is a direct attack on anyone and is only based mostly on hypothetical actions.

4) They actually are totally deciding what the readers are going to be able to read. If you bar certain people from posting then you are effectively shuting them up. Fast Larry's post was not left up for people to witness and therefore relize why he was banned, all evidence was removed and he was quietly banned from the board. This is a person that good or bad was a member of the community and I feel we at least have a right to know what happend through the primary source and not someone noticing that he was banned through a deleted post.

You call my post reactionary. I argue that this board was far more reactionary then I when they immediatly banned FL without any discussion or questions. Their far to quick reaction has now been found to be a mistake, this could have been avoided if they had communicated. Instead the deed was done without any looking into the events at all.

bolo
07-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Who cares about that idiot. I use that term intentionally, because how else to you explain this guy. He has actively tried to wreck this board from the first time he showed up. He is no nice guy with all his different names he posts under, who cares about him. Wouldn't you rather talk about pool then this guy? Being an idiot is one thing, but being vindictive as he has been under this different names is something else. Don't worry, he will be back and back under different names. It is hard to believe he is a grown man. Back to pool.

highsea
07-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Irish,
I am not going to speculate on what their reasons were for their decision.

I can say that when the admin posts, he posts under the ccboard_admin username. He does not do it under a different name.

I have posted a suggestion to the Admin's on the suggestion forum on how this could be resolved.

I will make no further comments about this subject on this forum, as it is not a pool related discussion.

-CM

eg8r
07-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Yup, I received the same PM. I replied saying I would be in Florida.

Oh well, easy come easy go.

eg8r

DebraLiStarr
07-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't think that there is any question that there was a miscommunication between Larry and Fran. I read what Larry said, and it was not out of line at all, and the fact that Fran called in Larry's defense says a lot.

Fast Larry has a lot to offer this board, and from what I see on other message boards, he has done his very best to be friendly, polite, and helpful to everybody. Too bad they are not giving Larry that chance here.

cheesemouse
07-03-2003, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> It looked like FL was trying to get his act together and was posting decently. Then his account is pulled and some of his messages were deleted by the CCB admin.

Did he backslide and fly off the handle again, or was he supposed to be perma-banned the first time? <hr /></blockquote>

.......and the saga continues....LOL.....Me thinks Larry is just one of those guys that is a lightning rod.....$hit just happens when the Larry pipes in....I like the guys experience in the game but but his social skills seem somewhat lacking...LOL.....Larry is the captian of his ship but it appears he can only sail it in his own bath tub and it drives him nuts...and the saga continues..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
07-03-2003, 11:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I don't think that there is any question that there was a miscommunication between Larry and Fran. I read what Larry said, and it was not out of line at all, and the fact that Fran called in Larry's defense says a lot.

Fast Larry has a lot to offer this board, and from what I see on other message boards, he has done his very best to be friendly, polite, and helpful to everybody. Too bad they are not giving Larry that chance here. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra, I find it amazing how you can weigh in so confidently on something you so obviously know so little about.

First of all, you're dead wrong about Larry's comment to me. It was way, way, way out of line. You don't even know what he was referring to. The misunderstanding I was talking about was all on his end. He made some very very bad assumptions about me, all on his own, that were totally unfounded which we discussed today and straightened out.

As for your comment regarding his behavior, you obviously had not read things he posted here in the past. There were some things that were absolutely deplorable and he openly and freely admitted that to me today. So, again you are wrong. Among other things that were said, some of the things he said to Eric were beyond comprehension.

So why did I call BD today on his behalf? Because I read 25 recent posts by him and he is standing behind his word that he wants to try to undo the damage. He's not just talking the talk now. He's walking the walk.

OK, so he made a boo-boo today and got all twisted up again. He fell off the wagon, but I'm getting the feeling that it's not like it was before. I could be wrong; I don't think I am.

Turning this thread into a for or against Larry thread is unproductive. I don't blame BD for their caution here, and you know what? I'm certain that Larry understands the situation perfectly regarding their hesitation. People can call him what they want but he's not stupid.

Fran

Ross
07-04-2003, 12:28 AM
I heard FL was on double secret probation...

highsea
07-04-2003, 02:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> I heard FL was on double secret probation... <hr /></blockquote>

TOGA, TOGA, TOGA

-CM /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnnyP
07-04-2003, 03:52 AM
Sounds like he snuck in:

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> get over it your day will come, so now you are ready. OLD MAN STICK. I have won lot of games that way!!! that is pool!!!!

bluewolf
07-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Fran and others who were here before saw Larry at his worst. He admitted where he was wrong and has sincerely tried to change. Heck, he has even asked others for suggestions on being better, ie not arrogant.

From what Larry told me last night, the BD people told him that once you are kicked off, it is forever. Registration is automated so the way he got back on was because he had changed isps, so had a different email address.

Larry suspected this would happen, ie da boot in short order. He told me he has the highest respect for Fran, he was just up too late and misread a post, which is what I expected.

He has indeed done well on other boards. But baring a miracle,ie, lots of ccbers wanting him back, I doubt very seriously he will be back.

But, I agree with Fran, a Larry good or Bad thread goes nowhere. If people want want him back, there is the contact us button at the bottom of this page. Prabably wont work if they have this 'eternally damned no second chances' rule, but everyone has a right to write them if they want him back.

Laura

bolo
07-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Should not have been said. bolo

bluewolf
07-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Have Not been nice on my part. Like to start off on a good foot on July 4 and sure was not going that.

Hope everyone has a good 4th. Enjoy the fireworks etc.

Laura

07-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Laura, many of us have immediately identified Larry's many aliases. He can't hide very well. I'm surprised that you of all people, who posted several times about how people cannot easily hide their writing style, hasn't been able to pick him out.

gna, sarahlee, Yosarah, 9 Ball Billy, and probably a few others I've forgotten, are obviously all Larry. That's why I was glad to see him posting under his real name again, at least the incredibly silly charades would come to an end and he could speak freely. Unfortunately he spoke a bit too freely again after misreading a post to someone else. That has been a common problem with Larry since he started here, he just can't seem to get the hang of how these forums work. He was constantly getting into battles with people over stuff like their forum title (addict) and comments directed at other people that he thought was to him. Heck, the subject line over every single post has the name of the person being replied to, and yet he still missed it after all this time. You'd thought he would have figure it out by now.

Sorry to see him go, as he was an interesting fellow when he wasn't flying off the handle, but I wouldn't blame BD for not letting him back since he's obviously somebody that requires a lot of moderation in a forum like this.

DebraLiStarr
07-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Fran wrote: "Debra, I find it amazing how you can weigh in so confidently on something you so obviously know so little about."

No. I read the post before it was deleted. It seemed that Larry thought your comments were in response to him, when in fact they were not. I believe your comments are way out of line to many people. You are arrogant, pompous, and your self-glorification is annoying. You are not the only person on this board, but you act like you are sometimes. If Larry's comments were offensive to you, I'm sure they will dim in comparison to what I would say to you privately.

I don't need you to tell me what I understand and what I do not understand. My comments were not directed at you in any way, shape or form. I was happy to see that you were trying to correct the situation, but now I think you are enjoying all of the attention it has brought you. My comments were in support of Fast Larry Guninger. Why you chose to take this opportunity to snap at me makes me wonder why you want to drag me into your pile of crap. I have also become aware that you brought my name up privately during an argument with somebody else. This was a prominent member that has chosen to leave this board surrounding a private issue with you. If you had a problem with me then, you should have said something to ME, either in this forum, or privately. You didn't do that. That says a lot about you as a person.

I have stated before that you are one of the problems here. You talk down to everyone here as if they are children, or as if they "need you" to clarify things for them. Your views are not half as important as you think they are.

I'm not new to pool, billiard forums, or life. You are telling us about your call to the CCB admin in an attempt to have us believe that you are the only one here that possesses the clout to get Larry back on the board. That is not the case at all. I believe that you are one of those people that uses their position and prestige within the pool world to get what they want. There's a difference.

If you can point out where I said I was an expert on your relationship with Larry Guninger, feel free to do so. You are insinuating that I am talking out of my ass, while at the same time you are acting like one. The post you directed at me was written to stir up trouble, and you will probably try to twist it around and say that I am just being hostile towards you. Your actions are deplorable. If you don't want me to say things like this to you publicly, then address your issues with me privately. Until then, work on cleaning up your own act before criticizing others.

cheesemouse
07-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Oh....goodie goodie...CAT FIGHT...CAT FIGHT....better than fire works on the 4th......of July......Ohooooo goodie goodie.......CAT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!....Better than fire works......oh goodie goodie.......hehehehehheeeeee....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larrys gone but he left us some......cat fight....thanks lar..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
07-04-2003, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Prabably wont work if they have this 'eternally damned no second chances' rule<hr /></blockquote>

I like that rule. It keeps people honest. I also think they should implement a "Spelling and Grammatical" errors rule...butcher the English language too often and BOOM...you're toast. Blatant stupidity should suffer a penalty as well.

Regards,

Ken (not pointing any fingers but if you're mad as hell because you think I'm talking about you AND you're reaching for the dictionary and thesaurus at the same time...)

07-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

Fran Crimi
07-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Debra, I'll tell you why I posted what I did.

You are intelligent enough to understand the importance of the inquiry and discovery process before passing judgement. If you're going to announce a strong opinion or judgement, then you should at least make an attempt to get the facts. There were facts here in this thread and all over the CCB that you clearly ignored. Did you not give any creedence to what others here said? Did you not even consider that if others were saying there was a problem with some of Larry's posts that maybe there was something you were overlooking?

You weigh in on subjects with tunnelvision. You're supposed to be a professional person. I'm surprised at your lack of inquiry and desire to obtain the facts. The attitude you project here is that the opinions of the others, except for a favorite or two of yours, are useless.

That's a slap in the face to the good people who have been coming here for a long time. The name-calling nonsense that you do is even further indication of your genuine lack of respect for others.

So, what I did, Debra, whether you like it or not, is fill in the facts for you, pretty much the same stuff that you could have pretty easily obtained by giving creedence to what others here have had to say.

Fran

Hopster
07-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Debra, youre out of line and youre wrong.
36 posts and two beefs, not too shabby.

Nostroke
07-04-2003, 01:47 PM
UH-OH

Carol- Count to 10 please.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
07-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Not being sarcastic or anything, but does it really matter now? It seems as though once his name is mentioned, there is quite an argument to follow, when people get upset, names called, all for what? He's gone and we are not the ones who decide his fate. He made the choices and has to suffer the consequences. So instead, we sit around and argue the point? Makes no sense to me.

JAT,

Heide ~ bored today because we have no plans and CC isn't feeling so well this afternoon.

TomBrooklyn
07-04-2003, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> It looked like FL was trying to get his act together and was posting decently. Then his account is pulled and some of his messages were deleted by the CCB admin. Did he backslide and fly off the handle again...?<hr /></blockquote>He posted some whacky, confused stuff again, but I think the admin is too heavy handed. This forum is primarily used by adults who can generally fare for themselves. I don't feel the need to have an admin resolve every dispute that arises. I have a lot more confidence in the ability of the participants to handle things on their own individually and as a group than the admin does, and the board is a lot more dynamic and interesting when allowed to run it's course without the censorship. =Tom

Ralph S.
07-04-2003, 03:58 PM
My thoughts on FL are that he was truly trying to be a productive member the second time around. I did not read the post that started the latest edition of the "CCB Family Feud". I will say that I dont think he should've gotten the boot, unless I missed something.

One thing that I haven't missed is that every time Debra starts posting, she is waging some kind of a flame war with somebody. This time it is Fran.

While Fran and I have had some disagreements and been a little ticked at each other, we have settled our disagreements and have a mutual respect for each other though we have never met personally.

You however Debra, tend to run off at the mouth with out engaging your brain first. I have been at odds with you before and you still come across the same way as before. I can't state what that is because I would probably get booted.

I just think it would be more appropriate if you left out the mudslinging. There are more intelligent ways to present ones side of a disagreement more socially. I am not taking sides, I just wanted give my opinions for what they are worth.

07-04-2003, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Not being sarcastic or anything, but does it really matter now? <hr /></blockquote>No, Heide, it doesn't really matter, I was just curious. I didn't intend for this to erupt in a war between other members, I just hoped for a quick and easy answer. I guess I shoulda known better. I did get the straight scoop on FL via PM right after I posted this, and before I could come back and delete it, there were already replies being made. Once replies hit the thread you can't delete it.

Now that we all know what the story is, let's just let it be. If BD wants to let Larry back, that's fine by me. If not, well I can live with that too. But there's no sense in the rest of us getting our knickers in a twist over it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW, hope CC gets to feeling better and you guys get to enjoy the holiday.

Karatemom
07-04-2003, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> No, Heide, it doesn't really matter, I was just curious. I didn't intend for this to erupt in a war between other members, I just hoped for a quick and easy answer.

<font color="green"> No, I know you didn't. Quick and easy answers are hard to come by here, LOL </font color>

Now that we all know what the story is, let's just let it be. If BD wants to let Larry back, that's fine by me. If not, well I can live with that too. But there's no sense in the rest of us getting our knickers in a twist over it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<font color="green"> I agree. No point in arguing over spilt milk. </font color>

BTW, hope CC gets to feeling better and you guys get to enjoy the holiday.

<font color="green"> Well, 3/4 of the day is gone, and he's not feeling much better. Napping now so maybe later we'll be able to go to the pool hall and play some. Have a good day yourself! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Heide

DebraLiStarr
07-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Wait a second....

all I did was state that I disagreed with Larry being booted by the board. I did not post anything negative to anybody, until Fran attacked me, implying that I was starting trouble.

Go back to my original post and you will see that all I did was say that Larry should be given a chance on this board. I read Larry's post before it was deleted, and he has said worse. I fail to see why I am being attacked here, but I can see I will get no where trying to defend myself. I guess the gang mentaility here is as strong as ever, and that is sad.

Fran is more of a problem here than anybody. In one week she drove David Sapolis off of the board with her comments, and she was obviously instrumental in getting Fast larry tossed off of the board - again. Where does it stop? I do not believe that her intentions are good, nor do I believe that she will not do this again in the future. Fran will only get fast Larry back on the board so that she can set him up again. She twists peoples comments, and she gets away with it. Why is this? Am I the only one that notices this? I hope not.

Also, there is another post directed at Fast Larry that is not very respectful, and it is uncalled for - Especially when he is not able, or allowed to defend himself (ref the post where it says he fathered dogs; that was so stupid, but I'm pegged as the bearer of hostility here). I guarantee you that 'rackmup" will not get booted for posting that, which is far worse than anything Larry posted. There seems to be a double standard on this board. If it is unpopular to say that, let me be unpopular. Chances are, if I make my point, this entire thread will be deleted. That is so typical, yet par for the course.

rackmup
07-04-2003, 04:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lil Debbie:</font><hr> She twists peoples comments, and she gets away with it. Why is this? Am I the only one that notices this? <hr /></blockquote>
Yes, you are.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Shining Starr:</font><hr>If it is unpopular to say that, let me be unpopular. <hr /></blockquote>
No problem here. I second your nomination for "Queen of Unpopularity."

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yep...her again:</font><hr>I guarantee you that 'rackmup" will not get booted for posting that <hr /></blockquote>
I appreciate your "guarantee" of my residency here. I feel much safer now.

Regards,

Ken (she doesn't know me very well, does she?)

bluewolf
07-04-2003, 05:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> Laura, many of us have immediately identified Larry's many aliases. He can't hide very well. I'm surprised that you of all people, who posted several times about how people cannot easily hide their writing style, hasn't been able to pick him out.

<hr /></blockquote>

I think that that you guys picked up these fake names so quick is proof of how hard it is to disguise one's writing style. When gna was here, so was agmire, or whatever his name was. There were several others also. I was focussing on agmire more because he was the most obviously irritating.

My point here also was that it does not take a writing expert or a phd to pick this up. Just keen observation and a fairly intelligent person. I really wasnt paying attention. I do pay attention when a person is nasty or has a long term thing like by the person posting as slim jim.

The people who have been here the longest and know the styles of the most people or know the alias person;s style well will do this very quick, as you guys do and did.There are lots of threads I do not read and if the alias posts there I do not see them.

David, you guys did a fine job of this by yourselves. You did not need my help in this. Sometimes when others are doing something well, it does not make sense for me to use my energy to repeat what they are already doing.

Plus, i had gotten so tired of all the weirdos coming on here that I stopped paying attention to new posters for the most part unless they are nasty or I know for sure that they are for 'real' and these days it has gotten difficult to know that.

Larry did not tell me he was doing this, my attention was grabbed elsewear and I was not looking for him.There is something else too. There is something called 'being too close to the situation'. That may have also been a factor. That would be like me picking out the style of you or anybody I know somewhat but missing the writing style of my mother until it socked me in the face.Read stories of serial murders where those closest did not see obvious clues. People thought there family were protecting them. It is posible for a thing to be so familiar, it is almost part of you in a sense, you do not see it. Dont know if i expalin this well, but I was not looking for Larry. I email with him almost everyday, have lengthy conversations with him on the phone yet, did not see him, was not looking for him here.

It seems like most every new poster now, many people here are very suspicious of and lots of people here analyze their motives, writing style and anything else they can figure out about them with a fine toothed comb. You cant blame people condisereing all that happened with new handles in the last couple of months. It is imo a shame, though,because things used to be nice. A place of trust and friendship.it is still that though much suspiciousness too.I can fully understand it, though I wish that the ones who are not real would stay away so that the rest of us could relax /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a side note, dont you guys find it tiresome all of this having to ignore, contact the admin, analyze each one? That is such a taking away of fun, pool talk, and energy. i wrote the admin over a month ago of how bad this alias thing could be, explained it all in detail and how to fix it, at least cut it in half. I find it all somewhat boring and not very entertaining at all.

david, you seem very nice and I think too that Larry has a lot to offer, but as his friend,after contacting the admin in his behalf, thought better of it and told him that imo,ccb is not the right place for him. I tend to be very strong with my friends, sometimes brutally honest as I see things and that is what I believe. For whatever million reasons this is not the place for him.Larry is a good person, but did not come across well here, was not understood, has trouble with the format, so imo is not the place for him.

CCB is not for everyone.

Laura

Irish
07-04-2003, 06:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> It looked like FL was trying to get his act together and was posting decently. Then his account is pulled and some of his messages were deleted by the CCB admin. Did he backslide and fly off the handle again...?<hr /></blockquote>He posted some whacky, confused stuff again, but I think the admin is too heavy handed. This forum is primarily used by adults who can generally fare for themselves. I don't feel the need to have an admin resolve every dispute that arises. I have a lot more confidence in the ability of the participants to handle things on their own individually and as a group than the admin does, and the board is a lot more dynamic and interesting when allowed to run it's course without the censorship. =Tom <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with that 100%

bluewolf
07-04-2003, 06:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Irish:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>He posted some whacky, confused stuff again, but I think the admin is too heavy handed. This forum is primarily used by adults who can generally fare for themselves. I don't feel the need to have an admin resolve every dispute that arises. I have a lot more confidence in the ability of the participants to handle things on their own individually and as a group than the admin does, and the board is a lot more dynamic and interesting when allowed to run it's course without the censorship. =Tom <hr /></blockquote>

Geez. I do not know Tom,sort of like the pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other. Had not been here very long when the other format was changed. But I am starting to wonder myself. I often think we get what we ask for.

bw

eg8r
07-04-2003, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fran is more of a problem here than anybody. In one week she drove David Sapolis off of the board with her comments, and she was obviously instrumental in getting Fast larry tossed off of the board - again. <hr /></blockquote> The only thing obvious is that Larry said something the board admin did not agree with. Fran has already stated that she did not request Larry to get tossed. What got Larry tossed was his hot temper. He has stated plenty of times that he has mis-read something and he was apologetic for his response. That is fine, but I wonder how many times one is allowed to "cry wolf".

He has made strides at AzB and has played with the kids real well, the only problem is that in a short second (depending on internet connection) you can see Larry acting up over on another website. Sure he is instigated but you cannot say he does not start it sometimes. He said he would turn the other cheek this time, but it did not happen and he flared up.

I am glad he is doing fine on AzB and I hope he continues there.

eg8r

Rod
07-04-2003, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fran is more of a problem here than anybody. In one week she drove David Sapolis off of the board with her comments, and she was obviously instrumental in getting Fast larry tossed off of the board - again. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra,

I'd like to know what Fran said to drive David away? There is nothing here in posts, that I see, to do such. I think your the one that has a problem with Fran. It was just a difference in opinions between two people. Granted their both instructors but that has happened here before and will likely happen again. It shouldn't make any difference whether they instruct or not.

This is a duscission board. If someone questions what another has said, the other party can reply. They tell them why they believe what they said. Sometimes they both might be right but not worded the same. Other times their bucket may not hold water. If someone gets their feelings hurt because they think they have all the answers, well it happens I guess. There is no need to leave the board over a simple discussion.

Obviously instrumental in getting Larry kicked off? Where is the proof in that statement? That was created by you because you think so, or an easy direction to place blame. I hope you don't serve on my jury trial if I was innocent but looked guilty to you. He is gone, I can't believe we need to hash the issue over and over or place blame on anyone. Larry did a pretty fair job of that all on his own.

I rarely have an issue with anyone and I really don't have one with you. I just don't agree with blaming someone without some facts, or for that matter at all, unless it is completely necessary. like it was at times with Larry. Actually Larry was being a good boy for a change.

Rod

griffith_d
07-04-2003, 09:07 PM
I have been off of here awhile and have come back recently and posted to Fast that I was glad to have him back and let bygones be bygones and he sounded sincere. So I do not know what has happened so quick in 3 days for him to get kicked off so fast.

He seemed very experienced, and a character to boot, but his flying off the handle so easy and laying into people for their posts, for the life of me I do not see him being this way person to person in the "pool world". If he is/does/did this way, he would be getting the $hit kicked out of him all of the time. "They" would lay wait in the parking lot for him and tear him a new one.

So all of these postings by him, I just do not understand and his ranting and raving towards people. It is almost like some things are bottled up inside of him all of these years holding back in the pool hall and let it out here on the CCB.

This is to Larry: Larry what is the deal man calm down,..the people here just like pool and to talk about it and other things among friends. You don't have to be the big shot all of the time and be "mister know it all". You are a likeable guy I'm sure, but you are going about it the wrong way in trying to make friends, pushing your knowledge on people. This will be the last I say about this. I hope you take this in the "team spirit" of the CCB.

Griff

Hopster
07-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Fran is more of a problem here than anybody. In one week she drove David Sapolis off of the board with her comments, and she was obviously instrumental in getting Fast larry tossed off of the board - again. Where does it stop? I do not believe that her intentions are good, nor do I believe that she will not do this again in the future. Fran will only get fast Larry back on the board so that she can set him up again. She twists peoples comments, and she gets away with it. Why is this? Am I the only one that notices this? I hope not. &lt;--Debra

This all must have happened while i was cleaning and getting the Calamari ready, either that or while i was chopping the garlic and onions.
On second thought it might have been while i was pounding the veal flat and the ensuing noise didnt let me hear the posts come in.
Or it could also be that someone and im not mentioning any names here mind you, has got a very creative selective imagination.
What do they call it when someone reads something and and you ask them about what they just read and they tell you something entirely different ?

Talk about pool Debra, leave the beefs to the people who are beefing.

CarolNYC
07-05-2003, 04:12 AM
Hey Dave,
ROFLMAO!
1-1000,2-1000...................
Hope you had a nice 4th-see you next weekend!:):):):)
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
07-05-2003, 04:17 AM
Hmmmmmmm Hopster,
Pounding the veal! Is this NATURE veal?Possible Veal Francaise?ha ha ha
Carol~knows men are better cooks than women!:):):):):)

rackmup
07-05-2003, 05:21 AM
I find it difficult to believe that any of the CCB'ers I've met could actually be driven away from anything by anyone.

Perhaps it is because they realize this message board is no different than any other message board; one with different people with different beliefs that interpret typed words perhaps a little differently than the next guy or gal.

I've met eg8r...If I can't drive him away, no one can. That poor boy has been on the receiving end of more woofing than many put together.

Spiderman is simply too tall. By the time the words reach the elevation of his ears, they have lost all of their stinging effects.

Sid Vicious and SPetty...Miller Lite and Tequila shots have made them immune.

Michelle...too sweet to let anything bother her.

PoolFool...too busy working to ever get within earshot of any good woofing.

VooDoo...too BIG and MEAN looking to let anyone intimidate him into anything.

OPC...Too OLD and WISE to be bothered.

Kato...hoping to woof him into selling his cues in about 10 more days.

There are others, they are adults and they will not let the opinions of someone they might never have the pleasure of meeting sway them from this room.

Regards,

Ken

Kato
07-05-2003, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HowlingWolf:</font><hr> My point is we are all professional folks here, or just below the PhD level anyhow.<hr /></blockquote>

Huh? Not me. Well, I guess I'm professional but I'm no where near a PhD level.

Kato

Kato
07-05-2003, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> IKato...hoping to woof him into selling his cues in about 10 more days.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

I am un-woofable /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~perhaps too dumb for his own good or too smart for Ken's /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bluewolf
07-05-2003, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote HowlingWolf:</font><hr> My point is we are all professional folks here, or just below the PhD level anyhow.<hr /></blockquote>

Huh? Not me. Well, I guess I'm professional but I'm no where near a PhD level.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Hahaha. Could say sumthin bout that phd stuff but dont want to insult the kind dr semi pro. &lt;VBG&gt;

bw

Sid_Vicious
07-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Debra...you can have my proxy vote any time, thanks for the directness you gave in this post, I couldn't have said it any better. Really, I'm not trying to stir the fire any more,,,just proud somebody here still has the fortitude to go and point out the fact that certain people should watch themselves before "calling the kettle black." Nobody is at the top of the billiard knowledge heap here, except in his/HER own mind. JM2C...sid

Sid_Vicious
07-05-2003, 11:36 AM
"I just think it would be more appropriate if you left out the mudslinging."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ralph...Please follow the last few posts Fran made back at me in the Life Before CCB thread. All I did was to acknowledge Fran's post in a positive way, and yet she made it an automatic issue to attack my intentions, like I had ones of ill,,,I took that personal. Fran might have done as Debra suggested, PM'd or e-mailed me and kept it private. So istead of Debra being careful with how she posts, should Fran not be even more wary? She's been here far longer than Debra and should have learned now to re-read a post before posting it, making the effort to notice condesending verbiage. I've personally noticed little if any improvement in the way Fran takes conflict, condecending as all git many, many times...Debra is dead on target this time with her summary(IMO) sid

Wally_in_Cincy
07-05-2003, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>
...Really, I'm not trying to stir the fire any more,,,

sid <hr /></blockquote>

If that's the case why didn't you just PM Fran and Debra?

I really wish you and Fran would deal with this long-simmering feud privately. Who knows, maybe it can be resolved that way. I don't see how it contributes to any discussion here.

bluewolf
07-06-2003, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>. So istead of Debra being careful with how she posts, should Fran not be even more wary? She's been here far longer than Debra and should have learned now to re-read a post before posting it, making the effort to notice condesending verbiage. I've personally noticed little if any improvement in the way Fran takes conflict, condecending as all git many, many times...Debra is dead on target this time with her summary(IMO) sid <hr /></blockquote>

The conflict with you two and what it is about is none of my business. But to suggest that Fran 'should know better' due to time on ccb, imo, is off.

This is the internet. People have misunderstandings all of the time because all we see is print, filter it through our own issues and history with the person and respond. The send key is all too easy to push without premeditation.

I like you, sid and I like fran too. I hope that is okay. If it is not, then that is too bad. I am not a clique person. I like who I wish,who is everybody, almost.

We are all human beings and nobody is perfect. Why should one person have the burdon put on them that they 'should' be more perfect than the next person?

Just do not see things this way. jmho

Laura

Fred Agnir
07-07-2003, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I read what Larry said, and it was not out of line at all, <hr /></blockquote>
I thought it was out of line for normal thinking folk. For Larry, it was standard fare. But make no mistake, it was out of line. Why you couldn't see it makes me wonder if you actually read it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Fast Larry has a lot to offer this board<hr /></blockquote> I'm sure he does, but IMO, there wasn't one thing other than anectodes that he ever offered.

[ QUOTE ]
, and from what I see on other message boards, he has done his very best to be friendly, polite, and helpful to everybody. <hr /></blockquote>
Debra, I've read your posts in this thread and your "all I did was" feigned oblivion coyness. You haven't read many of Larry's posts on this board or any other or you choose not to. Please don't tell us that you have. Do you think that none of us have visited the other boards to see Larry's same ol' same ol' style? Do you give us that little credit?

Even the Playpool.com message board which has turned into the planetary woofing zoo had no patience for Larry. There are two sayings that come to mind, and it seems to fit both you and Larry:

You made your bed, now lay in it.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

We are all humans here, except for Patrick. And unless something personal happens between two people that turns ill will into friendship, then all we have on the other side of our lovely monitors are first impressions of the bed you lay. I'm not saying we all hold grudges, but it doesn't take long for someone's true nature to come forth, consciously or otherwise. Larry's true nature came forth, or did you miss it?

Fred &lt;~~~ by all means, continue

Karatemom
07-07-2003, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
We are all humans here, except for Patrick. <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Heide ~ I saw that E.T. was on last night and was thinking about him, LOL