PDA

View Full Version : My FINAL take on Fast Larry Guninger:

rackmup
07-05-2003, 12:28 PM
After my fictional post regarding the most recent departure of Fast Larry, I decided to contact him via his email and extend my apologies to him. I also inquired about his most recent exit from the CCB.

Normally, I would keep these communications to myself but I think the content and tone of his correspondence with me will explain all too well why he is no longer a part of this billiards forum.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote email to Larry:</font><hr> From: Ken Kingan
To: fastlarry@fastlarrypool.com
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 8:04 AM
Subject: what happened?

While you (and other unwilling others might be the topic of my wit and sense of humor), I would like to personally know what happened over at the CCB.

You graciously apologized to me about your past behavior (no apology was needed however) and I looked forward to bantering with you again but the next thing I know, you're gone again and rumors and speculation are running wild at the CCB regarding that departure.

Please understand that I have never had anything against you, your posts or your opinions. We may have engaged in a battle of the wits but that was fun and you never insulted me and I never seriously insulted you unless you misinterpreted something. If that is the case, I sincerely apologize.)

If you wish, you can tell me what happened and I will paste your response on the CCB message board. Or, you can just tell me and I will keep it my secret. Or, you can tell me "where to go."

Regards,

Ken Kingan
aka 'rackmup'
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1st Response from Larry:</font><hr>
From: ""Fast Larry" Guninger" &lt;fastlarry@bellsouth.net&gt; | This is spam | Add to Address Book
To: "Ken Kingan" &lt;kenkingan@sbcglobal.net&gt;
Subject: Re: what happened?
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:34:02 -0400

Dear Sir, I am sorry I did not respond to you immediately, during holidays I spend that time with my childred and grandchildren. I was more interested in cooking out and watching the fireworks displays than sitting behind my cpu.
I am totally confused, here is a message that seems to be positive, and I open my cpu this morning to see a post from you that has caused me great pain and embarassment. It has depressed me very badly. If you wished to cause me pain, sir you suceeded, well done, bravo.
I am trying to feed and support a family, and post like this are driving me out of the game and preventing me from making a living. What has my beagle dog every done to you? He has played on national TV performing pool shots for $25,000, have you. Forget about me, me we can let ride, but you do owe Wonder Dog an apology.

I am now leaving to entertain at the BCA show in Vegas and will be gone for 2 weeks and will not be seeing any emails until I return. I cant and wont get into any dialog with you now, but have no problem doing that when I return. Attached is my response to you on this sir, open the three attachements above. Your answer on my removal is simple, there was no conflict with me and the admin, Ruth Welt asst editor of the magazine called me and we had a nice long friendly chat. The problem I have is you, and others like you, who wont leave me alone, who wont let me come in and just work and contribuate. You start a nasty thread, you attack me, they get calls, and they are sick of me coming up constantly and interrupting their work at the magazine, the board, they really dont give a hoot about or what goes on there.

Rather than deal with me, or try to protect me, it is easier for them to simply remove the problem, which is what they did. Those who wished to drive me off of the board with these constant insults and attacks, won, they succeeded.
I have had 150 posts on az and not any problems, the admin would have never allowed you to post a stupid slander and slam against me there or against any one else. If you did, it would have been pulled very fast. Any future attempts at humor may I suggest you call up the tonight show and try to get on, try not to direct them at me any more. I have great respect for the great state of Texas, I am from that part of the country, worked for AT&amp;T out of Dallas for several years. May I suggest you remove the name TEXAS from your posts, do not embarass that great state with your slanders and your filth. What you did was very sick and uncalled for. What a mistake I made, to reach out to you with a olive branch. You may continue to attack me, to embarass me all you wish, and every time you do, I will simply turn the other cheek to you. Please just tell me what did I do to you to deserve this?
Fast Larry Guninger
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote my reply:</font><hr> From: Ken Kingan
To: Fast Larry Guninger
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 12:59 PM

Mr. Guninger,

It was a joke. You need to stop taking things so personally. I own two dogs so I have nothing against your beagle. I do not know you personally so I therefore, have nothing against you. My post was obviously written "Tongue in cheek."

Do you really believe that others believe beagles were artificially inseminated with your "little guys"? Come on Larry, let's be semi-adult about this.

You are far too sensitive. Yes, you extended an "olive branch" that imo, was completely unneccessary for you had never offended me in any way.

I have been writing satirical posts for two years now on the CCB, ranging from material like the one involving you to celebrities like Martha Stewart. It's funny, but you are the only one to have ever felt the attack was of a personal nature.

I apologize for having offended you. Most professional pool players have thicker skin as the result of the very environment they ply their craft in. I guess yours is terminally thin.

I have written several posts of the same nature on AZB. I know the webmaster and he knows me. He knows my sense of humor. We have played against each other in the same pool rooms.

Best of luck in Vegas and with your sensitivity issues. I trust you do not watch anything of a satirical nature on television for fear that they might be directing their satire at you.

God bless you,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote his latest response in true "Fast Larry style":</font><hr>
From: ""Fast Larry" Guninger" &lt;fastlarry@bellsouth.net&gt; | This is spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:26:47 -0400

The reason you have no pro's left on this board is this crap, keep up the kiddy moron jokes and none will ever come around. What you have left is sl3 bozos teaching other sl3 boZos. All you bozos have fun strokin each other off. You start a thread like this at my expense and everyone piles in on it. I had a chance to return, after your thread, you destroyed that chance. I am sick of a bunch of nothing giant nobody do nothings cant run 3 ball bozos running me and my dog down. I have just had it with all of you. Dont ever come around me or get close to me, capich. Let me tell you where you can put your joke book bozo.

Fast Larry<hr /></blockquote>

I especially like the "Tony Soprano" line:

"Dont ever come around me or get close to me, capich."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifWas that a threat, Larry? I'm shaking in my boots.

Regards,

Ken (certain someone can defend these latest remarks by our favorite trick shot artist.)

Wally_in_Cincy
07-05-2003, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote his latest response in true "Fast Larry style":</font><hr>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:26:47 -0400

The reason you have no pro's left on this board is this crap, keep up the kiddy moron jokes and none will ever come around. What you have left is sl3 bozos teaching other sl3 boZos. All you bozos have fun strokin each other off. You start a thread like this at my expense and everyone piles in on it. I had a chance to return, after your thread, you destroyed that chance. I am sick of a bunch of nothing giant nobody do nothings cant run 3 ball bozos running me and my dog down. I have just had it with all of you. Dont ever come around me or get close to me, capich. Let me tell you where you can put your joke book bozo.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifWas that a threat, Larry? I'm shaking in my boots.

Regards,

Ken (certain someone can defend these latest remarks by our favorite trick shot artist.) <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green"> I would say that right around lunchtime today ole Fast found out that there were several ice-cold brewskies left over from yesterday's picnic still in the cooler.

So we add to Fast's lists of imaginary windmills to flail at:

1. Scott Lee and Fred Agnir are trying to steal my students

2. That kid from Brooklyn is stalking me on every discussion board on the net.

3. Fran called Schuler Cue and ran my name down.

4. rackmup accused me of fathering dogs.

5. Pooh-bah accused me of being an alchoholic. </font color>

bolo
07-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I would let it go, there is something wrong with the guy. I think the guy is actually psychotic, he seem to accept no responsibility for himself or the other personalities he posts on the board under. It is like trying to make sense of something senseless, it can't be done. Just read the paper any given day, some things you just shake your head at. He also exhibits sort of a stalker type mentality as well. If this board was like he believes it is, he would not be the only one with problems. The problem is his and I am sure it creeps into all parts of his life. He is serving a life sentence. You just view people like him with pity and move on.

Voodoo Daddy
07-05-2003, 02:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> The reason you have no pro's left on this board is this crap, keep up the kiddy moron jokes and none will ever come around. What you have left is sl3 bozos teaching other sl3 boZos. All you bozos have fun strokin each other off. You start a thread like this at my expense and everyone piles in on it. I had a chance to return, after your thread, you destroyed that chance. I am sick of a bunch of nothing giant nobody do nothings cant run 3 ball bozos running me and my dog down. I have just had it with all of you. Dont ever come around me or get close to me, capich. Let me tell you where you can put your joke book bozo.

Regards,

Ken (certain someone can defend these latest remarks by our favorite trick shot artist.) <hr /></blockquote>

I always wonders what that S/L 3 meant on the membership card...HAHAHAHAAHA

TomBrooklyn
07-05-2003, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> From: ""Fast Larry" Guninger"
- I am trying to feed and support a family, and post like this are driving me out of the game and preventing me from making a living.

- The problem I have is you and others like you who wont leave me alone, who wont let me come in and just work and contribuate.

- Those who wished to drive me off of the board with these constant insults and attacks won, they succeeded.

- I had a chance to return. After your thread, you destroyed that chance. <hr /></blockquote>I believe that with little exception, what happens to a person is a result of their own beliefs, thoughts, and actions. And unless one takes responsibility for what they do and accepts responsibility for what happens to them, they will be unable to feel a sense of control over their own life.[1] =Tom

[1] Brandon, Nathanial. The Six Pillars Of Self Esteem (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553374397/103-9810268-1055805?v=glance&amp;s=books) New York: Bantam. 1994. ISBN 0-553-37439-7. Pg. 105 The Practice Of Self Responsibility (3rd Pillar), or Abridged audio tape set. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1559276010/qid=1057437971/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-9810268-1055805?v=glance&amp;s=books)

Barbara
07-05-2003, 03:14 PM
His final email to you is typical FL.

He berates people on this board he does not know and accuses people of berating him when they aren't. Either this man does not know of sarcasm or he has a medication interaction problem.

Barbara

Vapros
07-05-2003, 05:16 PM
I don't know either of these guys, and I have not followed recent exchanges between them. It's obvious that Fast Larry doesn't have too many fans on the CCB, but I have an observation that should be in order at this time.

Rackmup, your humor sometimes has some cutting edges on it, and every now and then you will offend someone. Even if you don't intend it, it's going to happen. Don't let it come as a surprise.

rackmup
07-05-2003, 05:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr>Rackmup, your humor sometimes has some cutting edges on it, and every now and then you will offend someone. Even if you don't intend it, it's going to happen. Don't let it come as a surprise. <hr /></blockquote>

It comes as no surprise. But, the regulars here who have taken the time not to pre-judge after reading just one or two posts knows I mean absolutely no harm.

It's those (mentioning no names) who blaze in, make it known it's their way or no way at all that often misunderstand my wit.

Certainly, if I am out of line, someone like TomBrooklyn or Fran (both of whom I respect tremendously) will let me know and I adjust accordingly, including any necessary apologies.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> I don't know either of these guys... <hr /></blockquote>

But at least you are civil in your tone and respectfully approach something you perceive as a problem or potential problem. You didn't threaten to kick the crap out of me like some might have in the past.

Regards,

Ken (has had the crap kicked out of him and didn't like it)

Vapros
07-05-2003, 06:22 PM
No, of course I didn't threaten you. I don't sign on here to get involved in things like that.

And if I wanted to rumble I would have stayed married! Be well.

TomBrooklyn
07-05-2003, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>...if I am out of line, someone like TomBrooklyn or Fran will let me know... <hr /></blockquote>Arghh, everyone is out of line. j/k

Now. Everyone back in the pool!
Light up the barbie.

=TB

rackmup
07-05-2003, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And if I wanted to rumble I would have stayed married!<hr /></blockquote>

I can relate to that! We were like Tyson and Holyfield, only I am fortunate enough to still have both ears.

I do not, however, have any money or the Ford Explorer.

Regards,

Ken (women...hmphhh /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

Fran Crimi
07-05-2003, 07:17 PM
"Certainly, if I am out of line, someone like TomBrooklyn or Fran.....will let me know....."

Hey Ken,

Have I ever told you you were out of line?

OK. I'll tell you now. You're out of line.

Now get back in line and get me a hamburger and a coke, willya?

Fran

Kato
07-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Good one Fran. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~Rackemup got dogged out by a girr...rrrllll, Rackemup got dogged out by a girrrr...rrrllll /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PS. I'll remember that one for your visit Ken. "Hey Ken, get me a beer and then get back over here and rack the balls"

rackmup
07-05-2003, 07:49 PM
RJ,

In the interest of the condition of your tender hands:

Rach 50 racks per day until my arrival. Callouses should build up and prevent blistering during my visit.

I don't want to hear any excuses.

Regards,

Ken (gettin' that burger and coke dear...)

bluewolf
07-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Post deleted by bluewolf

eg8r
07-06-2003, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Laura---&gt;fails to see the point in this again,tho <hr /></blockquote> If you fail to see the point, then why do you feel the need to post. This would have been a good time not to post and let the thread die.

eg8r

rackmup
07-06-2003, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> ...not to post and let the thread die<hr /></blockquote>

No! PLEASE! Don't let it die! Fast Larry is deep into the middle of sending me threatening emails and if the post dies, his communications with me might stop!

Oh...that would be a good thing.

Okay...go ahead and pull the plug.

Regards,

Ken (trying to enroll in the "Protection from Fast and Crazy Larry Program.")

07-06-2003, 03:58 PM

rackmup
07-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Don't "candy-coat" it. Tell me how you really feel.

Regards,

Ken (amazed at how easily riled up some people can get.)

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 04:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Rackumup, you have even reached the minus 5 star level in humor and now in being the biggest WEASEL that I have EVER SEEN OR KNOWN. What a blabbermouth you are, and I mean the BIGGEST BLABBERMOUTH that I have ever heard. This is worse than taking private sex movies of you and your girl friend and posting them on the web so that everyone can see and laugh. Talk about having trust in people and their privacy, YOU HAVE NONE. You are disgusting. You are a low life. And you are pitiful.

I must go enjoy the rest of the weekend now, but don't go away, I have one more slapstick story meant just for you.

Later, WhiteWolf <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Ken....does this make you worse a person than I am? Because ya know I'm not very high on the "IWannaBeLikeLarry" fan clubs all-time list of favorites CCB posters. Also, please send me the list of threatening e-mails he has sent you and I'll will wear my Ken mask....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
07-07-2003, 06:10 AM
Talk about "BLABBERMOUTH", your definitely an expert in that field-you live with one!
I've remained patient with you for quite awhile now, but my patience has run dry!
Allright Ray, when I met you and your wife Laura, I treated you with the decency and respect every human being is entitled to and only asked the same in return-but due to numerous past emails, I see you have had an obsessive-compulsive paranoic behavior directed towards me assuming I have a personnal vendetta against Laura and am posting under a name "Yapping Wolf"-well, get off your pedestal now-if you think I give you even a moments thought in my life, you are sadly mistaken-you are not even an ameba on a paramecium to me!Wake up and smell the coffee and in the words of Kevin Costner as Wyatt Earp slamming through the saloon doors"IT ALL ENDS NOW!"Stop your nonsense and if you cant do it on your own,seek professional counseling!
And it isnt "ALLRIGHT" its "AHHHHHHHH-ITE!"
No need to respond because I KNOW I'll see you sooner or later!
Carol

Fred Agnir
07-07-2003, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>

Normally, I would keep these communications to myself but I think the content and tone of his correspondence with me will explain all too well why he is no longer a part of this billiards forum.<hr /></blockquote>

The problem Ken is that by posting Larry's private correspondence with you, you have accomplished the following:

1) Successfully shown to people who already know of Larry's past exactly the type of brain scrambled mess he is.

2) Pissed off those who unexplicable side with Larry no matter how off-the-wall his posts are by a breach of netiquette.

That is, neither side of the fence gets swayed . If anything, they're planted more firmly right where they are. Not that you're trying to sway anything.

Fred &lt;~~~ planted firmly, not swaying

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 07:23 AM
Post deleted by bluewolf

eg8r
07-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Why do always post in defense of yourself everytime Ray flies off the hook?

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 08:31 AM
TAP TAP TAP...High 5 to Carol. Carol, lemme know when your going back to their hometown. I'll drive up to root you on and maybe we can set-up a "LOSER LEAVES CCB FOREVER" match. Ya know, scotch doubles...the wolves against us, you up for that?

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> TAP TAP TAP...High 5 to Carol. Carol, lemme know when your going back to their hometown. I'll drive up to root you on and maybe we can set-up a "LOSER LEAVES CCB FOREVER" match. Ya know, scotch doubles...the wolves against us, you up for that? <hr /></blockquote>

You can just leave me out of that!!!

As far as anybody leaving ccb, if you do not want me here, that is what the contact button at the bottom of the page is for. Feel free to use it. If the admin, kicks me off, I am history. Otherwize I am here.

Laura

wolfdancer
07-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I read two "interesting items" in my morning Chronicle, then wandered over here to this thread, and I think they are all related.
The first item was on Spencer Heywood, the Lebron James of 1971.It took a supreme court decision for Spencer to play in the NBA. They struck down the NBA's "no play for four years after your H.S. class graduated, and the second was how dung beetles navigate by using polarized rays of moonlight. This allows them to take their "meal" in a straight line away from the pack, etc
Spencer grew up in rural Miss. in the 50's and his elder brother convinced him that the only way to avoid eventual insanity was through self-circumcision; "the ultimate do-it-yourself project"
And after seeing the movie "Analyse This" I realize I have a natural gift for Psychiatry. I can bypass the usual years of studies of Freud/Jung, and offer the following expert commentary.

First off, private communications, are just that, PRIVATE, and not intended for reprint..it's unethical to post them here. I think F.L.'s, Sl-3 remarks were just exaggeration, hyperbole, to get across a point. I see 90's shooters giving 100's players tips all the time, on the golf course..but are they valid? The wrong suggestion may set you back, or delay your progress in your given sport.
But, why continue to point out his transgressions; for what purpose?
There's a theory that we attack others for what we see as faults in ourselves..continuously knocking FL, is actually a form of verbal castigation,or self-mutilation, a la Spencer Hayward
So my advice is to get your sh*t together, and move on, before the pack turns on you
And finally, it's all "group therapy" here, anyway, so who really gives a....????

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> "if you do not want me here"
Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Its not a matter of wanting anything. I'm tired of almost everyone that posts here...I just wish the "Keyboard Rambo's" that pound their chests had a 'lil heart and would just step up and play some. I know I got heart and the few that I choose to surround myself from CCB do too. I'm close to slashing my wrists everytime I see a "I'm just a S/L 2" post" &lt;which is alot&gt;..I wanna say...get off your ass, bare down and try harder but its not my place. Yeah, I make challenges, sometimes to my disadvantage but no one takes me up on them...ever wonder why?

Karatemom
07-07-2003, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Yeah, I make challenges, sometimes to my disadvantage but no one takes me up on them...ever wonder why? <hr /></blockquote>Okay, Voodoo, I'll challenge you. And I'm not the type to back down so you better be ready, hahahahahahahaha. One pocket, Chesapeake, VA, sometime during the week of 9/15-20, spot to be determined, hahahahahahahaha.

Heide ~ and I won't make you wear a "jacket" when I win, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Your on Heide...the spot you give me will be fair I'm sure!!!

CarolNYC
07-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi Steve,
I would absolutely LOVE to be your scotch double partner,anytime,anywhere,anyday!:):):)That is definitely the 'WORD!":):):):)
Love ya and miss ya!
Carol~is two weeks too soon?ha ha ha ha ha ha

Fran Crimi
07-07-2003, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hi Steve,
I would absolutely LOVE to be your scotch double partner,anytime,anywhere,anyday!:):):)That is definitely the 'WORD!":):):):)
Love ya and miss ya!

Carol~is two weeks too soon?ha ha ha ha ha ha <hr /></blockquote>

I'll drive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

CarolNYC
07-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Yep Steve,
Thats the key!If someone has SOOOOOOO much spare time, they should use that time in a productive manner and get themselves on a table and start pocketing balls-how can they share any type of experience if they've NEVER experienced it!Oh well, to each their own!
Talk to you soon! Stay well!
Carol:):):):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
07-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey Heide,
Wish I could be there, but I have a tournament that weekend, but, MAYBE one day, Steve and I against you and Chris-oh, what fun we'd have!
Thinking of you's ,always,
Carol:)

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>
Its not a matter of wanting anything. I'm tired of almost everyone that posts here...I just wish the "Keyboard Rambo's" that pound their chests had a 'lil heart and would just step up and play some. I know I got heart and the few that I choose to surround myself from CCB do too. I'm close to slashing my wrists everytime I see a "I'm just a S/L 2" post" &lt;which is alot&gt;..I wanna say...get off your ass, bare down and try harder but its not my place. Yeah, I make challenges, sometimes to my disadvantage but no one takes me up on them...ever wonder why? <hr /></blockquote>

There is nothing wrong with what you say above. the sl2 thing has gotten to be a sick joke, sorry. I was called a sl2 lifer by someone so just joked about that also.

I just do not tell people here that it is any different. Maybe I have minimized what I do do poolwize to the point of dishonesty but figured that was better than going the other way. Figure actions speak louder than words. People can see me play at ccb tournament and decide for themselves.

VD,no wonder nobody takes your invites seriously. You are too good. If i were to challenge you,I would say 'lets jump in the swimming pool and see who quits swimming last' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-07-2003, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> And it isnt "ALLRIGHT" its "AHHHHHHHH-ITE!"
<hr /></blockquote>

Holla back at me, Momma! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 03:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> If i were to challenge you,I would say 'lets jump in the swimming pool and see who quits swimming last' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Holiday Inn, Virginia Beach, Va. After the CCB Tournament...swim until you drown...YOUR ON!! {Its gonna be a ugly site, Voodoo in swim trunks but I'd rather die tryin than never try at all~~}

Voodoo~~~never backs down, ever

9 Ball Girl
07-07-2003, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> If i were to challenge you,I would say 'lets jump in the swimming pool and see who quits swimming last' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Holiday Inn, Virginia Beach, Va. After the CCB Tournament...swim until you drown...YOUR ON!! {Its gonna be a ugly site, Voodoo in swim trunks but I'd rather die tryin than never try at all~~}

Voodoo~~~never backs down, ever <hr /></blockquote>Wow! A pool tournament and a POOL tournament! I can't wait!

rackmup
07-07-2003, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... before the pack turns on you <hr /></blockquote>

Let 'em turn. I ain't skeerd.

Regards,

Ken (posts what he wants when he wants and even at times when he knows he shouldn't but does anyway like this time but did it anyway because he don't know any better.)

Karatemom
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Heide,
Wish I could be there, but I have a tournament that weekend, but, MAYBE one day, Steve and I against you and Chris-oh, what fun we'd have!
Thinking of you's ,always,
Carol:) <hr /></blockquote>I love it! That sounds too good to be true. Nothing could be more fun than spending time with friends like you.

Heide

Barbara
07-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Carol,

You, me and The Beast!!

I'll get you there 4 hours earlier than Fran can, and your metablolism won't have skipped a beat!

Barbara~~~actually, metabolism revs higher in The Beast!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> If i were to challenge you,I would say 'lets jump in the swimming pool and see who quits swimming last' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo~~~never backs down, ever <hr /></blockquote>

Now that sounds like fun!!! At least I have a slight chance. And I am also a good loser!!! But, I do love to swim, have done it all my life. Any stroke, no speed requirement, just no floating. LOL.Fun followed by more fun!!! What a blast!!!

Laura

CarolNYC
07-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Ah, that BEAUTIFUL beast of yours-you got a deal!:):)
See you this weekend!
Carol:):):)

CarolNYC
07-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Hey Fran,
Its you or Barb-as long as theres no detours past "CORNFIELDS"-I do not want to enter the Twilight Zone! ha ha ha ha ha
Carol:)

Rich R.
07-08-2003, 04:29 AM

Voodoo~~~never backs down, ever <hr /></blockquote>
I'm bringing the camera for this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
07-08-2003, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>

I'm bringing the camera for this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Be sure you do Rich. I hope it is a movie one, then we could laugh forever. I train beside this guy who is either a coach or on the swim team. He swims faster but I do not have to rest at the end of sets. LOL

Doesnt know how well vd swims. I swim for endurance. Anybody caught floating or grabbing the ends to rest gets dunked or jumped on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When I told ww I was going to start this working out thing, in this usual conservative thingie says 'dont forget your back is a corkscrew'. i sez /too bad, I go full tilt til I drop' /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In the words of Harry Gremlin on az 'better to die on my feet than to live on my knees'haha

Laura

bolo
07-08-2003, 08:15 AM
I had a good friend who died not long ago that was a good swimmer. I would swim with her almost everyday (see link) when I swam at the SHF pool in Fort Lauderdale. Long distance swimming is a whole different animal. You can swim it seems like indefinitely if you are not under stress such as ocean swimming once you have worked yourself up to that level of condition. Time and distance is important though to make it a contest. Just as walking and running are different so is swimming. Just getting in a pool and plooding along is not much of a test. Most long distance swimmers can swim as long as they can stay awake. You guys should just do like say a mile swim against each other. I would never take a bet on distance swimming, I know too many that can do a 24 hour swim at the drop of a hat, and you could never tell it to look at them out of the water. BW, this sounds like something you are good at, what are some of your stats?

http://www.ishof.org/stella_taylor_2003.htm

Qtec
07-08-2003, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why bring me into this .
Did I offend you in some way ?
Sometimes you your mouth is out of sync. with your brain.
If you have one that is .

If you ever get finished with 'chalking that cue', I will meet you , any time , anywhere , I,ll give you any spot you think you NEED and I will kick your sorry ass off the table . You,re not fit to hold my cue .<hr /></blockquote>

The Wonder Dog . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

bluewolf
07-08-2003, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> I had a good friend who died not long ago that was a good swimmer. I would swim with her almost everyday (see link) when I swam at the SHF pool in Fort Lauderdale. Long distance swimming is a whole different animal. You can swim it seems like indefinitely if you are not under stress such as ocean swimming once you have worked yourself up to that level of condition. Time and distance is important though to make it a contest. Just as walking and running are different so is swimming. Just getting in a pool and plooding along is not much of a test. Most long distance swimmers can swim as long as they can stay awake. You guys should just do like say a mile swim against each other. I would never take a bet on distance swimming, I know too many that can do a 24 hour swim at the drop of a hat, and you could never tell it to look at them out of the water. BW, this sounds like something you are good at, what are some of your stats?

http://www.ishof.org/stella_taylor_2003.htm <hr /></blockquote>

A good rate for a triathlon is 2 miles in 20 minutes. Not near that yet. Just started practicing again. Will just have to see what shape I am in by the ccb tournament. You are right though, I could swim forever. My favorite stroke is the breastsroke,the one the swimmers use, not the old frog type.The triathlon stroke is usually the freestyle.

So I said any stroke. Would gladly go for distance in two hours LOL but not rate. Men have an advantage there just like in most sports.

I do not swim fast but can swim a long distance. But hey,vd took the challenge and if he beats me, he gets dunked as his prize. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

bluewolf
07-08-2003, 09:29 AM
BTW, Bolo, that is a great story and thanks for it. What a great Lady. I like the part about AA. I have been sober and all of that for 12 years.

This very long distance swimming is a new thing I am working on as part of getting into shape, so if vd is a good swimmer or practices the next two months, there is no reason he cannot win.

I have always been a good swimmer but have never before this tried to swim a bunch of miles.Due to a few physical things, can no longer do much karate or run, so chose swimming to get into shape.

Looking forward to ccb has also motivated me to work on my billiards too. Even though it is not a contest, I want to do my best there too and improve as much as I can before I get there.

Laura--&gt;thinks could swim better if I quit smoking argg

Barbara
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
You got it, Girl!!

Barbara~~~vroom, vroom...

http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg

Fran Crimi
07-08-2003, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> You got it, Girl!!

Barbara~~~vroom, vroom...

http://home.cablerocket.com/~dhigson/images/transam.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

Ok, ok you win. You got me beat. But wait...what was your FIRST car like, HUH??? Here's mine.

Vrooom vroom to you too.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

first car (http://www.550m.com/usuarios/victorsanz/autoretrobcn01/30%20Triumph%20TR6.jpg)

Tom_In_Cincy
07-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Fran... somehow I knew you were a sports car fan..

My second CAR (http://www.austin-healey-club.co.uk/Gallery/images/AHCTV004.jpg)
Except mine was British Racing GREEN...

My 1st CAR... 56 Chevy.. 3 speed on the floor (http://www.56chevy.com/4cars.jpg) It was a powder Blue.. and fast.

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Hey Tom, your first car reminded me of the song from Fats Domino:

I found my thrill,
on Blueberry Hill.
On Blueberry Hill,
my dreams came true.

Barbara
07-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Fran,

My first car was a '73 Mustang Mach 1, Cleveland make, yellow, with a blacked-out hood. It's still in the Philly area, and I still have a set of keys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But it was only a 2-barrel and couldn't get out of its way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey! You're more than welcome to come along!! I do have a "backseat"!! (that only Carol could squish into)

We could all go topless!!

Barbara~~~ahhhhh, factory-installed t-tops /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
07-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Oh, Yeah Barb,
I could just picture us now! "Two Thelmas &amp; Louise"-barrelling a$$ off the edge of some cliff! ha ha ha
ROFLMAO
Carol:):):)

Barbara
07-08-2003, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Oh, Yeah Barb,
I could just picture us now! "Two Thelmas &amp; Louise"-barrelling a$$ off the edge of some cliff! ha ha ha
ROFLMAO
Carol:):):) <hr /></blockquote>

Cliffs?? CLIFFS??? NO!! NOOOOOO!!!! There are NO CLIFFS!!!

Barbara~~~only dives into pools... of water... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
07-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey Steve,
"Voodoo in swim trunks!"I'd be proud to walk alongside you in ANYTHING your dressed in-so dont you DARE sell yourself short!
I REMEMBER how safe and happy I felt when we were out!:):):):):)
Carol~loves to remember and never forgets!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fran Crimi
07-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Great cars, Tom! Looks like you were pretty sporty yourself! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think powder blue was the '56 color of the year. I remember when I was a kid, my father had a '56 powder blue Plymouth Belvedere which he loved so much, he hung on to it for 13 years. We drove that thing to Florida and back with me jumping around in the back seat. Towards the end of it's life there were so many rubberbands holding up the dashboard, you had to be careful because if you undid the wrong one, you were liable to turn on the radio, start the windshield wipers and open the glove compartment at the same time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I swear. It's true.

On the car's 13th birthday, my father went out and bought a big sheet cake and had "Happy Birthday Ply" written on it. Then he set up a table outside the house and invited the neighbors. It was truly bizarre.

56 Plymouth (http://www.ephemeranow.com/images/JPGs/ply56cvr.jpg)

Fran

Barbara
07-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Sweeeeeet!!!

Love the Big Sedan!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My Dad's got a '76 Cadillac Eldo Convertible that's a sweet car to drive. V12 and front wheel drive. That thing hauls a$$ for 12 miles to the gallon. Has the super "Whitewalls" to go with it, too. As conservative as he was, and still is, he always wanted to own a red Cadillac. Mom had to explain that one to me.

The Caddy's slated to go to my little Bro. As for the rest of us seven children, we're still battling for the '66 XKE.

And may the battle begin this July when we get together yet again for our special times together of wit, pseudo wisdom, stress under duress, and mental hostage.

My family put the "fun" in disfunctionality.

Barbara~~~would repaint that baby in British Racing Green in a heartbeat!!!

highsea
07-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Fran, I know how your father felt. I used to have a '59 Belvedere. Same body as the '58 Fury that was in the movie "Christine". My friends all called it Christine. LOL. It was really a great car. Wide block 318, typewriter tranny, diamond plate dash. The emblem on the grill was a 4 masted sailing ship.

When I would park it, I would just pull up to the curb until I heard a crunch. I called it "putting out the anchor."

I've always said, nothing hugs the road quite like a "Big American car." /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

'59 Belvedere (http://www.moparpicturebook.com/59PBelvedere.JPG)

-CM

Rod
07-09-2003, 12:31 AM
Speaking of anchors. In my drag racing days we called them boat anchors! LOL All of those old cars quite a sight. They certainly have there place in automotive history.

Rod

CarolNYC
07-09-2003, 03:43 AM
The "Cadillac eldorado!"
Now that was the car!
Jim and I use to collect them-at one time, I had (3) 76" Eldorado's, a 74" Eldorado Convertible (blue with white interior) and a 79" yellow,ugh, Eldorado biarritz-God, if I had them today! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol

rackmup
07-09-2003, 04:16 AM
While I'm not certain if "The Wonder Dog" can speak, I am impressed at his (her?) ability to make this post.

Woof Woof,

Woof

CarolNYC
07-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Hey Barb,
I forgot to mention who we bought the 74' Convertible from-he was a comedienne,I forget his first name but his last name was" Tomei"-I believe his daughter is Marissa Tomei from 'My Cousin Vinny"-he had a house near us-he gave Jim an autographed picture and sold us the car for 200.00-I sold it much later for 5 grand-what a jerk-I should've kept that baby!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cheesemouse
07-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Two weeks ago a sister and myself meant in the Black Hills of South Dakota for a short vacation, one day as we were driving the scenic road thru Spearfish Cayon we noticed that about half the cars were cherried out 1950's big finned, chromed out road boats; it was surreal. When we stopped by a waterfall there were about 20 of these great old beautys parked there and the people driving them were even dressed in clothes from the era....the people were members of some club and were just out for a ride...what great old cars.....My first car was a 55 Ford 2-D with a straight stick w/overdrive....my second car was a Candy Apple Red 58' Chevy 2 door Impala w/348 3 speed auto trans with positive traction. The second car was taken away from me by my father after three months and three speeding tickets. I really missed that car and I also missed the girls that immediately dumped me when the car was gone....LOL....ahhhh the good old days... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
07-09-2003, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>I had (3) 76" Eldorado's, a 74" Eldorado Convertible (blue with white interior) and a 79" yellow,ugh, Eldorado biarritz-God, if I had them today! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Remind me to smack you when I see you this weekend! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

bluewolf
07-09-2003, 10:34 AM
My first car was a '64 valiant bought used, about 3 years old. Was driven for 20 years and died with 300,000 miles. Not gorgeous but a kool car anyway

BW