PDA

View Full Version : BCA Hall of Fame Induction and Cardiff

TheChump
07-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Isn't it a shame that the BCA Hall of Fame Banquet will be held on the same day (July 12) that the 2003 World Pool Championship begins at Cardiff?

http://www.bca-pool.com/cgi/site/framegate.cgi?url=http://www.bca-pool.com/industry/hof/banquet.shtml

I am a great fan of Efren Reyes, and he truly deserves this recognition; however, due to the date of induction, he was prevented from playing at Cardiff....

The banquet should have been held this weekend instead of the next one. Don't you all think?

Any comments?....

cueball1950
07-05-2003, 10:38 PM
or how about the weekend after Cardiff would have been even better

Joe T
07-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Are we sure Efren isn't playing at World Championship. Stan James betting has him listed as the 9-1 favorite in the event?

bolo
07-05-2003, 11:20 PM
If you held it this week no one would be there, it is held in conjunction with the BCA trade show. Arrangements are made months in advance. I would say he will be playing he can be there the next day.

Luke Riches
07-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Efren Reyes will be playing at the World Pool Championship in Cardiff. A Filipino dignitary will be attending the Hall of Fame Banquet in his place.

Luke Riches

Fran Crimi
07-06-2003, 07:20 AM
The BCA Trade Show and HOF Banquet is the industry event of the year and they plan years in advance so to give everyone ample time to work around the dates. People from all around the world attend the show which is why the BCA gives so much notice.

Maybe the World Championships is planned years in advance as well and the two happened to conflict this time.

Somebody goofed, and unfortunately, Efren has to pay the price. That really is a shame. The induction ceremony is a really special event.

Another problem with the two events conflicting is that the Trade Show is the one event where the players can give something back to their sponsors by being in their booths with them as player representatives.

(BTW...nice profile you have there...dumping for profit??)

Fran

thecardman
07-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Just a wee idea to throw into the ring here (and then have torn apart by everyone on this Forum!). Considering Luke Riches is on this board as well, we may get his thoughts on the matter (I hope!).

Would there be any chance of a presentation being made to Efren in the main arena in Cardiff before, say, the start of an evening session?

It would allow Efren his deserved place in the spotlight at being inducted into the Hall of Fame and allow everyone in Cardiff (and the millions watching on TV around the world) the chance to see The Magician being given his rightful place in the Hall of Fame.

Just an idea.

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
07-07-2003, 03:24 PM
thecardman,

That's a great idea. I bet they do something or should anyway....your comment about this board is becoming more accurate by the week....I hope it's just a phase.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't mind a good cut'm up post but that's why they gave us the 'non-pool-related' section but the nasty stuff keeps slipping in on this side.

TheChump
07-07-2003, 10:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Luke Riches:</font><hr> Efren Reyes will be playing at the World Pool Championship in Cardiff. A Filipino dignitary will be attending the Hall of Fame Banquet in his place.

Luke Riches <hr /></blockquote>

This is wonderful news! When I read the news at the BCA site, I thought that it would be almost impossible for Efren to be at Cardiff.

Mr. Riches, one of the posters here has a good suggestion. I'll post his thoughts right after this sentence.

----------------------------------------------------
Would there be any chance of a presentation being made to Efren in the main arena in Cardiff before, say, the start of an evening session?

It would allow Efren his deserved place in the spotlight at being inducted into the Hall of Fame and allow everyone in Cardiff (and the millions watching on TV around the world) the chance to see The Magician being given his rightful place in the Hall of Fame.

Just an idea.

thecardman
-------------------------------------------------------

I wish the best to all the Players at Cardiff this year. It seems it will be another tough tournament for all the Great Players of the World!

TheChump
07-07-2003, 10:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> The BCA Trade Show and HOF Banquet is the industry event of the year and they plan years in advance so to give everyone ample time to work around the dates. People from all around the world attend the show which is why the BCA gives so much notice.

Maybe the World Championships is planned years in advance as well and the two happened to conflict this time.

Somebody goofed, and unfortunately, Efren has to pay the price. That really is a shame. The induction ceremony is a really special event.

Another problem with the two events conflicting is that the Trade Show is the one event where the players can give something back to their sponsors by being in their booths with them as player representatives.

(BTW...nice profile you have there...dumping for profit??)

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for your response, Ms. Crimi.

At least we know that Efren will be attending Cardiff and a Phillipine dignatary will be attending the BCA Banquet. It was probably a tough decision for Efren. I sure hope that Efren's absence will not have a negative effect at the Official Ceremony.