PDA

View Full Version : Pool Debating and message boards

UWPoolGod
07-06-2003, 06:30 PM
I haven't posted in a while, not that I haven't been here reading everyone else's flame threads, ego trips, etc. I have just been idling by. As I have read the past few weeks it has pretty much become apparent to me that the internet would almost be better off without these message boards. Inevitably someone has to chime in with a stupid remark or persnal attack which in turn leads to a break down in the purpose of the thread and this message board. I have not been stupid enough to make my own contributions to these threads due to the unimportance of them to pool. I don't care if certain people have issues with each other. That is their business. As someone said it should be taken care of in private, not for everyone to read and post a one-liner that gets everyone riled up. I would like to talk to people about pool. And I enjoy information and "constructive" criticism of ideas about the game. But when I look at the main message forum and all I see is a bunch of flamers and ego-trippers getting at each others throats about who's right and wrong, it makes me feel sorry for the game and this website. I know I am an inconsequential element to this board and the grand scheme of the pool world, but I just wish that all of you would just offer good, striaght forward answers to each others questions and leave it at that. I know that I do not know all of the facts of several pissing matches, and do not claim to. I don't care to. Everyone is an adult here...act like it. Grow up.

End of rant.

Chris Cass
07-06-2003, 07:07 PM
UWPoolGod,

Sir or Madam, please try to look beyond the baloney and after awhile you'll see this is a great place. Sure, time to time again you'll see people rub eachother the wrong way but if we were all the same, it would be boring.

Most flames and woofing normally happen when things get slow. It travels in waves. Basically, we've got a good bunch here and I also agree with you about the name calling but I can't play innocent myself either. Things happen.

I hope your 4th was good for you. Holidays, can make things better sometimes.

Regards,

C.C.~~Welcome to the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
07-07-2003, 03:56 AM
If you visit your local pool room, you will find that not all conversations are about pool and everybody does not get along, all of the time. You will find the same things here.
As in all aspects of life, you take the good with the bad and sort things out for yourself.

Voodoo Daddy
07-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Finally...RICH R. hit it on the head, thank you buddy. First round Friday night on me!!!

bluewolf
07-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Just hope all the funny ccbers are coming. Life too short to be soooo serious.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-07-2003, 06:29 PM
VDD

All the things I can think of happening between now and Sept 20th.... WOW.. it boggles my little mind.

Rounds, more Rounds, Pool, even more POOL.. and if we are lucky.. in a NEW Pool room.. just 15 minutes away from the convention center.

Rich and VDD and lots of Rounds and POOL. What more could a guy ask for.. (duh... Wendy.. )

Grudge matches, tournaments, skills contests (Eric's incharge of that), drinking, more pool, WOOFING.. and lots of Pool playing... and does anyone remember? More of the World's best pool players playing just a few steps away from the hotels at the US Open.. is this going to be fun?

Just about 11 more weeks..

Rich R.
07-08-2003, 04:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> VDD

All the things I can think of happening between now and Sept 20th.... WOW.. it boggles my little mind.

Rounds, more Rounds, Pool, even more POOL.. and if we are lucky.. in a NEW Pool room.. just 15 minutes away from the convention center.

Rich and VDD and lots of Rounds and POOL. What more could a guy ask for.. (duh... Wendy.. )

Grudge matches, tournaments, skills contests (Eric's incharge of that), drinking, more pool, WOOFING.. and lots of Pool playing... and does anyone remember? More of the World's best pool players playing just a few steps away from the hotels at the US Open.. is this going to be fun?

Just about 11 more weeks.. <hr /></blockquote>
By this post, can we assume you have made arrangements to make it to Virginia from the left coast? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fran Crimi
07-08-2003, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
By this post, can we assume you have made arrangements to make it to Virginia from the left coast? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, wait a minute...if you'r in the north looking down, wouldn't it be the right coast? LOL

Funny story: I was driving in the car, lost somewhere in Switzerland with my 80 yr. old uncle who had never driven a day in his life. I handed him a road map and asked him to navigate. He held the map out at arm's length, straight up and down and said we're about to go up a mountain. Sure enough we did.

I asked, "How did you know we were going up? That's not a topographical map." He said, well we were headed in that direction and he pointed up. It was north, of course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Rich R.
07-08-2003, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
By this post, can we assume you have made arrangements to make it to Virginia from the left coast? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Hey, wait a minute...if you'r in the north looking down, wouldn't it be the right coast? <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know Fran. I'm in the middle, not far from the Mason/Dixon Line. Which way should I look? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Great story about you and your uncle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Hey yeah? Like Rich said, are you going to come to VA this year? If you are, will you be playing in the CCB Tourney? If so, I'll have to add your name back on the list! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy~~~what more can a girl ask for? duh...Tom's hugs!

Sid_Vicious
07-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Does seem like there's some thin skins and knee jerk reactions, and some of us have been here long enough to know better, including myself. I'm personally going to lurk a lot more than participate until I see the atmosphere change for the better. But I do agree, as adults we should try harder to monitor our own actions better....sid

Tom_In_Cincy
07-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Wendy,
Yes.. one of the generous 'donations' I was able to take advantage of, was a plane ticket from Sacramento to VA. I promised to keep this generous person's name secret. I haven't got the plane tickets yet, but soon.

VDD and I have talked about sharing a room on Friday and Saturday nite. I just hope the room is big enough for the two of us and the rest of the PARTY....

Tom_In_Cincy
07-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Rich,
Yes, I am coming. One of our Gracious and Generous CCB members has donated a round trip plane ticket. I was absolutely astonished and very grateful. He will be forever in my list of top 10 great people I have known.
I will be there from Sept 15th until Sept 22nd.
Let the Parties begin.... and I hope to be sharing a room with VDD when he comes up on Friday Sept 19th. for the weekend.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Sid,
As a young lad, my mom and dad taught me to remain quiet and listen and learn. Speak when you have a question, talk when you have something worth saying and be respectful at all time. Talk as if there are children present.

Rich R.
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Yes, I am coming. One of our Gracious and Generous CCB members has donated a round trip plane ticket. I was absolutely astonished and very grateful. He will be forever in my list of top 10 great people I have known. <hr /></blockquote>
Tom, we will all be grateful to the person who donated the tickets. It wouldn't be the same without you.

As for you and Voodoo in the same room........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-08-2003, 11:51 AM
That's excellent news Tom. The Cincy contingent will now be complete.

Voodoo Daddy
07-09-2003, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> As for you and Voodoo in the same room........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Scary huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif