PDA

View Full Version : All Super Heros have their nemisis:

rackmup
07-07-2003, 04:09 AM
Tonight, your friend and mine, OnePocketChamp, meets his arch nemisis in his APA 8-ball league.

Without going into the sordid details (involving OPC and his need-one-to-win-but-instead-I'll-have-a-five-game-meltdown-and-lose-5-to-4), he needs our well-wishes and perhaps, even our prayers.

While I have nothing but confidence in him, I'm certain he could use your moral support.

Regards,

Ken (was an unfortunate witness to the aforementioned meltdown. It wasn't pretty.)

mickey2
07-07-2003, 06:32 AM
It’s great to beat your personal ‚enemy’.
This year I finally beat my worst enemy 7:5 in nine ball, before I've never made more than 3 games in a set against him. At 1:3 against me a realized that I can beat him if I just play my game. At 6:5 I was breaking and no ball dropped, he missed a difficult 1 and I made a nice run out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ….. while shaking hands he told me that I should apologize because I played so lucky this day. I am looking forward to play him again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He still is the stronger player, but he lost the aura of being unbeatable.

In Greek mythology Nemesis, a sexy winged goddess with a whip, carried out the sentence of the Gods and punished the arrogant and those who disobeyed the law. Makes me wonder how she would play pool.

OnePocketChamp crush him!

Mickey2

OnePocketChamp
07-07-2003, 07:02 AM
I believe we all have matches we would like to forget and put behind us once and for all but with Rackmup as your friend that becomes an impossibility! LOL Now what I did take with me from that match was a practical lesson on how to cope with stress or tension in my stroke. By this I mean if you grip the cue too tightly or your bridge hand is gripping the shaft too tightly it will effect your stroke and you will miss the shots you have been making earlier in the match. So now when I am faced with a difficult shot I incorporate into my pre-shot practice strokes the feel of my hands on the cue as a way to make sure I am stroking smoothly.

Thanks again to Rackmup for reminding me of my match tonight so I have 12 or 13 hours to think about it and also the call to the ccb for support. At least he didn't ask for your prayers, but hey prayers would be okay too /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
07-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Good luck OPC. You may wish to ask Ken to stay home. Just in case he starts woofing at you in the middle of your match.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
07-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Good luck OPC! Give 'em hell! I know you can do it! I'm counting on you!

Wendy~~~if OPC wins this one, he'll get a big 'ol hug 'n' kiss from the 9BG!!!

Nightstalker
07-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Those types of matches are regrettable, but like you said OPC, there is a lesson to be learned from them. It sounds like you are taking it the right way, good luck with your next meeting with your nemesis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
07-07-2003, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if OPC wins this one, he'll get a big 'ol hug 'n' kiss from the 9BG!!! <hr /></blockquote> Oh, look what you did. Now he cannot even think clearly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Nightstalker
07-07-2003, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
if OPC wins this one, he'll get a big 'ol hug 'n' kiss from the 9BG!!! <hr /></blockquote> Oh, look what you did. Now he cannot even think clearly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Yep, he better not be playing a meaningful match now for at least a week or so! LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
07-07-2003, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Without going into the sordid details (involving OPC and his need-one-to-win-but-instead-I'll-have-a-five-game-meltdown-and-lose-5-to-4), he needs our well-wishes and perhaps, even our prayers.<hr /></blockquote>

The guy came back from hill-nothing to win? Pretty rare, I'd say, assuming it was an even matchup between 7s. Actually, it would have been just as odd to win 5-0. Still takes 5-in-a-row.

SpiderMan