PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch the BCTV premier?

DoomCue
07-07-2003, 07:01 AM
I was just wondering how many of my fellow CCB'ers watched the Daulton/Nevel match this holiday weekend? What did you think?

I watched it, and for those of you who didn't, it was basically an aired Accu-Stats tape. The only difference I could see between the BCTV broadcast and an Accu-Stats tape was the commercials, and a subsequent need to pass over some games in order to fit the one-hour time slot. I especially enjoyed the expert commentary by Grady Matthews (but sometimes his drawl gets on my nerves) and Howard Vickery, which is just so much better than listening to Mitch Laurence. Grady did ask a question that I thought warranted a bit more discussion, which had something to do with break cue weights. There were a few mistakes, like showing the score to be 8-6 when it was actually 6-6, but overall, I thought it was a good broadcast.

djb

eg8r
07-07-2003, 07:27 AM
I hope to be watching the weekly shows on Sunshine Network the first week of August. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
07-07-2003, 08:42 AM
I was flipping through my DirecTV guide the other day. Come to find I get Sunshine Network (didn't realize it). Hurray, pool for free!!!!!!!

Ed, you back in Florida come August?

Kato~~~could also order Empire Sports on dish.

RedHell
07-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Can anyone from Canada can say if ExpressVu will be providing BCTV ?

eg8r
07-07-2003, 10:56 AM
If all goes well on Wed this week, I should be driving away from the great state of Texas headed towards Florida on July 31. My first day will be Aug 4.

I have not received the offer letter yet, but Wed should be the day (that is if they decide to send me one). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

07-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Yep, I watched it. I also noticed the same score goof and didn't much like how they skipped racks. I'm paying $12 per month to get this one hour per week of pool, so I'd like to see the whole match, but what can we do They only have an hour to work with and have to fit in the sponsers -- I guess I'm happy to get what I can.

One thing I wish somebody would fix is the program guide information. It doesn't correctly identify the episodes so that my Tivo can determine if it has recorded it before. Normally my Tivo is set to grab only first-runs and repeats that haven't already been recorded, but for some reason my Tivo recorded this same match every time it played, at least 4-5 times. I had to go in and manually delete the duplicates. According to the DTivo manual, this happens when the program guide doesn't properly identify the episode. It works fine for the ESPN/ESPN2 pool events, so hopefully they can do something to fix it on Empire.

Sid_Vicious
07-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Just curious, did anyone post a "pool on tv" alert ahead of this event? I missed it either way, but I usually always catch the handy reminders from this board...sid