PDA

View Full Version : Well...the Cat is out of the Bag...

rackmup
07-07-2003, 03:20 PM
OPC picked up the APA packets and found out "the little secret":

I am now playing for the team that has been his "nemisis."

As you recall, I was booted off OPC's team for "not conforming to the goals and aspirations of the team and it's intended direction" (I didn't get along with the Captain.)

So, tonight, I play my old team.

Hmmm...wonder how this one will finish out? I'm on my way now to hit a few with OPC before the "Battle" begins.

Details to follow.

Regards,

Ken

cheesemouse
07-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Ken,

Don't ya just love it??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pool has so much to offer in entertainment value....have fun /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Nightstalker
07-07-2003, 06:49 PM
I'll eagerly await the blow-by-blow Ken. Haha! Have fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Oh, I am sure Ken just cannot wait to get back and tell of his sweet revenge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh yeah, I had to come witness the carnage.

eg8r

rackmup
07-07-2003, 09:39 PM
How can I put this?

It was uglier than a baby seal hunt, worse than a bus wreck full of red-butted circus babboons, bloodier than a third-world war, nastier than stories involving fatherless beagles and worse than whitewolf's gift suggestion of a stain-laden jacket.

As fate would have it, I drew OPC for my match. He's a 7, I'm a 6. He needs 5, I need 4. He wins the lag and promptly snaps the 8 on his first break.

Then, in what would turn out to be a "schooling", he runs off four straight 1-inning wins.

I lose 5-0.

I am humbled. I am speechless.

Regards,

Ken (those who know me also know I am no where near humbled or speechless.)

Qtec
07-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Dont worry about it Ken , anybody can get lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I,m more interested in how you can get thrown off a pool team ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

rackmup
07-08-2003, 04:03 AM
Well...it's a little over five hours since the carnage. While still bloodied and bruised, I think I will live to fight again.

It was a tough position for me to be in: My friendship with OPC challenged by the quest for victory. Do I win or just keep it close, allowing OPC to save face (after all, he is a 7) in the presence of his teammates and girlfriend?

It was a tough call. Also, my mind is clouded with the knowledge that OPC is in search of the elusive "Rackless Night" patch. I am keenly aware of OPC's desire to own at least one of the APA's "Badges of Honor" (he has them all sewn on a shirt, so many in fact, it bears a striking resemblance to an Amish quilt.)

It all boiled down to this my friends: Do I beat him like a little rag doll and at the same time, snatch his dreams away from him or just roll over a little and allow him the victory that comes so seldom for a man at his age?

With the Grim Reaper watching over OPC's rapidly diminishing youth, I believe I did the right thing.

One day soon, pool will be replaced by bingo. The cigarettes will no longer be puffed on but instead, the hum of an oxygen machine will purr in the background. His once brisk saunter around a pool table will be be gone and in it's place, Francee (his girlfriend now; his caretaker later) will be standing at his side, aiding his balance in the Luby's Cafeteria Buffet line.

I simply could not rob this man of this victory. I just couldn't do it.

You all know me. You all know where my heart is. Of course the outcome of this match is evidence of my compassion and caring for my dear friend, OPC.

(It's also evidence of why this morning, I am walking around with my derriere in my hands, the same place it has been since OPC handed it to me last night.)

Regards,

Ken (OPC is easily the better player.)

OnePocketChamp
07-08-2003, 05:14 AM
I certainly was shocked to find that Rackmup was on the team we were to play last night and had been for at least four previous weeks, whom could imagine he could hold that secret for so long. And his statement [ QUOTE ]
As fate would have it, I drew OPC for my match <hr /></blockquote>, went more like this "Let me have this ole guy, I'll beat him so bad he'll give up pool and spend the rest of his days playing bingo /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks to his results post, I need not elaborate on the matches outcome but what he did not report was the gracious way in which he handled the loss, a true and sincere gentleman. His actions after the match reflect his great character and I thank him sincerely for the lesson he has taught me. It is very difficult to match up against your best friend and although I was extremely happy with the outcome, had I played him well and lost would have been just as happy.

You have my respect and can't wait for the rematch!!!!

Kato
07-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Ken, I thought you told me you were going to be a 7? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

eg8r
07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
He is now hoping not to drop all the way to a 3. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
When Ken and I played I think I beat him 7-1 in 8 ball. God it was ugly.

Kato~~~thinks as a pool player Ken is a pretty nice guy.

eg8r
07-08-2003, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kato~~~thinks as a pool player Ken is a pretty nice guy. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I say, in spite of being a pool player, Ken is a nice guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Kato
07-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Well Ed, because Ken is such a nice guy I've promised him "chicken wings with a view" and the best Mexican food I can find. He's gonna be sad though when he's in "Little Canada" and finds all those Canadian men in thongs on his little stretch of beach /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

In return, Ken has promised to beat the living dog snot out of me and make me give my cues away to the nearest homeless person. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato

SpiderMan
07-08-2003, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> I'm a 6. <hr /></blockquote>

Ha!

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2003, 08:26 AM
You won! Well, just as I promised: http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050583767.gif

eg8r
07-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Oh 9BG, did you read about the Brittany incident. That entire story was true. You will now have to watch out for fear that this man is now looking for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey! I'm a chick from NY! It wouldn't be the first time I get followed! I can handle the worst of 'em! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~~remembers spending several hours at the precinct after being followed once. The guy couldn't walk straight after dealing with me...The silver lining: the cute cops!

Ralph S.
07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
LMAO. Just out of curiosity, was it the butt of your cue or your foot that did him in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2003, 01:05 PM
More like a nice punch to the &lt;ahem&gt; area... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wendy~~~a girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do to defend herself.../ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OnePocketChamp
07-08-2003, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You won! Well, just as I promised: <hr /></blockquote>

Man, a kiss for the winner /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Winning has such great rewards, you have made my day!!!!!

rackmup
07-08-2003, 06:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kato:</font><hr>Ken, I thought you told me you were going to be a 7?<hr /></blockquote>

I am...

...a .07!

Seriously, the Dallas APA had me moving if I went 5-0 again. Now that I went 0-5...I'll probably be safe.

Regards,

Ken

RedHell
07-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Ken,

Did I get this right ?

He potted the 8 on the break and won ? (Is that the APA rule ?)

And then he ran out 4 consecutives games ? Did you even get to play ?

07-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Yep, unlike BCA/WPA but like nearly all casual players, APA considers 8 on the snap a win.

SpiderMan
07-09-2003, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Ken,

Did I get this right ?

He potted the 8 on the break and won ? (Is that the APA rule ?)

And then he ran out 4 consecutives games ? Did you even get to play ?

<hr /></blockquote>

8 on the break wins if no scratch.

These were not runouts. By APA scorekeeping rules, a break-and-run counts as zero innings. Innings are counted every time the player who did not break the initial game ends his turn.

Ken noted that these were all 1-inning games, so that means OPC broke and shot until he missed (if he made a ball on the break), then Ken shot until he missed (which made it one inning), then OPC shot again and completed the run. Repeated three more times.

SpiderMan

RedHell
07-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm. thanks Spider...

VNEA rules are different, 8 ball on the break only get you a pad in the back and cost you a dollar as you have to respot it....

As for innings, they don't count them so....

4 X 1 inning games is good, I guess clarifies the SL ranking a bit more !

Thanks again !

rackmup
07-10-2003, 04:37 PM
The "win with a 8 on the snap" is yet another reason I don't like APA leagues.

The other is that I cannot use my jumper.

One more..."Time-outs." Hate 'em.

Yes...I know; "If you don't like the rules, don't play."

Shut up.

Regards,

Ken

OnePocketChamp
07-10-2003, 04:48 PM
A man with a monster break and the secret yellow towel should love the 8 on the Break rule????? I'am also not a big fan of the time-out rule and also don't believe that once your match has started your opponent should be allowed to take a bathroom break.

It should be noted here that Ken has entertained taking his company supported counseling and is actively looking for a sports therpist to help him regain his pool playing confidence----Kato, get him while he is struggling and I should be in for at least a 30% cut of your profits from the First Battle of Florida!!!!!!

rackmup
07-10-2003, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OpiePC:</font><hr> ...actively looking for a sports therpist <hr /></blockquote>

OnePocketChamp: An APA S/L-7

OnePocketChamp: A National Spelling Bee S/L-2

Just joshin',

Ken /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif