View Full Version : Boston pool

07-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Hello there,

I am a 'newbie' if you may in these forums but I have a question for the people here. I am a Finn that currently lives in The Netherlands and this is where I started playing pool for more than just occasional game with friends in a bar. Sooo...about 2 years ago I started playing something like 20-30 hours a week and after a couple of months I dished out for my first cue! Woohoo...
This is the cue that I've been playing with ever since (Buffalo...very standard one I think)...and I am still quite happy with it. However, now I want to buy a jump-cue and break-cue (or combination if a nice one comes across). I believe the cues are actually somewhat cheaper in the US (especially with the Euro being so high now) and since I am flying to Boston for a week on the 21st...I wanted some help. I was trying to find any places that sell cues in Boston (downtown-area preferrably), but all I can find in the net is a couple of poolhalls...
Sooo...is there anyone that could tell me a place in Boston where I can go and buy some cues....I want to try them first before buying of course so no webshop or mailorder things please..


07-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey Kimmo,
I used to live in Boston and unless things have changed, there aren't any billiards supplies stores in the city, they are mostly in the suburbs. What I would suggest is going or calling Boston Billiard Club (Fenway area) and ask them where to go in the area. They sell cues, but I don't think they'll have what you are looking for.
If you want to go mail order, I'd suggest looking at the Sledgehammer or Predator for a break and bungie for jump. I believe they all have websites.

07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey thanks for your reply.
Can you perhaps give me some addresses even if they are not exactly downtown. I might still be able to get some time out to visit a place or two...also would need some work done on my old cue....change the ferrel and the tip so maybe I could get that done at the same time...
Also a friend of mine here in Amsterdam is interested in buying one of those machines (I don't even know what they are called) where you put your cue in and it rotates and you can effectively "peel" a cue.....whatever the name is...he's setting up his own workshop and needs the equipment...


07-11-2003, 02:43 PM
The word you're looking for is a lathe. If he want speliased cue lathe there's plenty on the net, CueSmith and others. If he want generic lathe, e-bay has many Southbend, Altas-Craftman that could do the job.