PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Florida...

07-08-2003, 11:51 PM
I am moving to Florida in the next couple of months. I am looking for web sites for billiard halls around the Melbourne area. I already know of the corner pocket web site in Indialantic.

Any help you can be I would appreciate it. BTW for any of you that live in the melbourne area and would like to play on the mahogany beast that was featured in the Jan, Feb, and March issues of 2000 on how to build a table... She is coming your way.

Hope to see you soon

John Kirchel

rackmup
07-09-2003, 03:21 AM
try...

<font color="blue">www.eg8r_knows/everything.pool/about_florida.com</font color>

or send an email or personal message to:

Ed "eg8r" Newman
CCB Political Analyst and Pool Hall Prognosticator
Ft. Worth, TX.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken

eg8r
07-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Well, actually, I know nothing about Melbourne. I am unable to tell if a pool hall is a has been or is a happening place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Melbourne is a bit out of the way for me to go and play pool when I am in Orlando (hopefully getting a call today /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
07-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Golden Cue on Babcock St. is a cool, old school pool room. The owners John and Tracy are super people and there are a couple of players there. Players Club on Aurora is more of a younger hangout but they have league play there. Joe Cagnina owns that spot plus right next to it is Aurora Billiard Supply, biggest supply house on the Southern Coast. Tell them Big Steve sent ya..........

bolo
07-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Is Pete Ohmen not still a partner there? I was in there like 20 years ago.

hustlefinger
07-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Bolo, Pete sold his half several years ago and at that time I believe part of the reason for doing so was health concerns. I haven’t spoken with him in a while but hear he is doing well now. Still making cues.

John, I remember the articles and reading your progress making the “mahogany beast” on RSB – great work. You probably already know that Players Billiards is hosting a Florida Pro tour stop on Aug. 2 –3 but I’ll write it anyway as an advertising plug for our area. In addition to the two places Steve mentioned Palm Bay has Rack Alley and Poolies. And farther north there are a few others. Welcome to Florida.

Rick