PDA

View Full Version : Good morning...

rackmup
04-01-2002, 07:43 AM
I trust all had an enjoyable Easter weekend and are charging out the door at this very moment in anticipation of the excitement that going back to work, brings to us all. Yeah...right.

Anyway, prior to the religious holiday that promotes the eating of hard-boiled eggs and drinking beer (what? your religion doesn't condone that?), I had the opportunity to meet a few more Dallas area pool players..."Darin" a sales rep for "Nippon" (watched him take a challenge game while we were playing. He kicked the guy's butt) and "Big Mike", a painter. Anyway...we played a few games of nineball, a couple of games of 8-ball, drank a few beers and generally, woofed at each other as we made friends.

I was also introduced to "10-ball." Josh, Orie (sp?), some guy (forgot his name) and myself banged 'em around at Hawley's for the huge sum of $1 per point. It was fun and a nice departure from 9-ball. Have you ever played 10-ball?

I bought a new cue case, placed an order for a new Schon cue with an extra shaft, gonna buy a new Predator BK and I might go fishing at Richland-Chambers lake next week.

I guess one could say..."I'm settling in."

Oh...one other thing...a "private note" to HDJ: Forgive me my sins at the other place; my respect for this board and it's members are ten-fold compared to my "pal" over there.

So...CCB'ers...How was your weekend?

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
04-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Good morning Ken:

Did you lose another Predator BK? I thought the "new" Mrs already bought you a replacement. I suggest (naging x-wife) that you take better care of your equipment.

Dr. D.

rackmup
04-01-2002, 11:22 PM
The one she bought is the same one I referred to in the post. I actually ordered an extra shaft for the BK.

Sharon Hawley and I are becoming BEST friends!

Regards,

Ken

Doctor_D
04-02-2002, 04:26 AM
Good morning Ken:

I spoke with Sharon yesterday afternoon and she commented on what a nice gentlemen you are, especially since you are spending LOTS of money at her store! lolol

Sharon and I did have a nice conversation about you and she thinks you are a neat guy.

Dr. D.

rackmup
04-02-2002, 07:16 AM
<font color=red>(blushing)</font color=red>
Well, thanks to both of you! Sharon and Walter are both wonderful people. If you remember, I was going to receive a Richard Black cue and a custom JJ case from my new In-Laws as a wedding gift. Two things changed my mind about that: Sharon and Walter!

I was treated so well in their store, so well received in their pool room and made to feel like a "regular" that I decided to buy a 3X5 Instroke case and a new Schon LTD. cue from Hawley's. The elaborate gift that the In-Laws wanted to give me just didn't matter anymore after meeting Sharon &amp; Walter (and their staff.) I know, should I have any problems, I will be "taken care of."

I would recommend Hawley's to anyone wanting to buy a new cue or case. They have an online store as well.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Ken (didn't deserve a RB cue anyway!)

Doctor_D
04-02-2002, 07:19 AM
Good morning Ken:

For the record, Hawley's Billiards is one of my sponsors on the Two regional tours where I compete!

Dr. D. - The Lady in Black

www.theladyinblack.com (http://www.theladyinblack.com)