PDA

View Full Version : Help: I can't open attachments to legit e-mail!

Leviathan
07-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Maybe one of you out there can help me with a PC problem. I can't open certain attachments to my e-mail. When I try to open them, the computer displays this message: "OE [Outlook Express] removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail..." This is followed by a list of files with .doc suffixes. I believe that these files are harmless, and I need to get at them! Any idea what could be causing this problem, or what I can do to correct it?

Thanks very much for any suggestions!

--Duke Mantee

Karatemom
07-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Hi Duke. Had the same problem. Go to Tools, and click on Options. Then go to the Security tab and uncheck the box about not allowing attachments to be saved that could be harmful to your computer.

Hope this helps.

Heide

Leviathan
07-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Thanks very much, Heide. I've done as you suggested, and it solved the problem. It's good to have smart friends!

--Duke

Kato
07-09-2003, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the tip Heide, I have the same problem.,

Kato~~~not that smart usually /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
07-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Well, Heide solved the problem, but there is another way that is a work around. You should be able to save the attachments to your computer, then open them from the saved location.

I like Heide's way better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Karatemom
07-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Geez, you guys make me out to be some kind of genius, LOL. I only know because I had the same problem and I always fiddle around with the buttons before I call tech support, hahaha. I'm glad it worked. You can always change it back and re-check that box afterwards, just in case, but my NAV scans all my email anyway.

Just glad I could be some use.

Heide