PDA

View Full Version : Removing dents from shafts

dooziexx
07-09-2003, 08:18 AM
What is the best way to remove a dent from a shaft. The dent is pretty deep. Thanks.

UWPoolGod
07-09-2003, 08:28 AM
I used to just sand it out, but finally broke down the other day and boiled some water and let the steam go onto the shaft, and got a spoon and dropped some of it on the spot. Sure enough the wood expanded and after burnishing the cue it was gone.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Did this just the other day. Took a very damp washcloth, laid in on the ding and hit it with an iron for a couple seconds. Let it dry and hit it a few swipes with an extremely fine cue paper. Worked like a charm. Maybe I'll try your steam method next time.

rackboyut
07-09-2003, 02:21 PM
http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm/sku/DB79.cfm

i have used one of these for quite a while. They work wonders on dings and dents.

SecaucusFats
07-09-2003, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dooziexx:</font><hr> What is the best way to remove a dent from a shaft. The dent is pretty deep. Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

I've found the best way is to boil some water in one of those whistling tea kettles. When the kettle is really whistling good and loud, place the dented spot face down onto the steam for a few seconds, check and if necessary do it again. Dry the shaft off with some paper towels using a vigorous up and down motion, and then burnish the shaft with a leather cue shaft pad. It works and it's quick and easy.

Fats