PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Size/ Pool Hall Stuff

Bassn7
07-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Just a note about pool halls: #1)They often intentionally order tables with big pockets which makes them an easier and wider target to hit. Players have more fun and stay longer the better they appear to be playing. #2) No clocks on the wall near the tables. Players stay longer if they don't know the time.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Bassn7 wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
Just a note about pool halls: #1)They often intentionally order tables with big pockets which makes them an easier and wider target to hit. Players have more fun and stay longer the better they appear to be playing. #2) No clocks on the wall near the tables. Players stay longer if they don't know the time. <hr /></blockquote>

This is certainly not the case here in the Cincinnati area.

The Pool Halls here, ALL have tight pockets (compared to the Barbox pockets) and all have clocks in plain sight for anyone that doesn't have a watch.

Use to be an APA 7, but I gave it up for Pool Tournaments and run 14.1 leagues. Been playing for 38 years.

Fred Agnir
07-09-2003, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>The Pool Halls here, ALL have tight pockets (compared to the Barbox pockets) and all have clocks in plain sight for anyone that doesn't have a watch.

Use to be an APA 7, but I gave it up for Pool Tournaments and run 14.1 leagues. Been playing for 38 years. <hr /></blockquote>The pool halls around here that have GC III's are generous, but not super generous. That is, none of the local pool halls have the cavernous pockets with radiused shelves like some pool halls would have in the past.

The pool halls around here with Olhausens (surprisingly many) are relatively not generous, the bastards. I'd call them tight and often unfair. Yet people with zero skill seem to still have a fun time.

Fred &lt;~~~ is this where I'm supposed to say my skill level and how many years I've been putzing around this game?