PDA

View Full Version : I am moving to Florida (official announcement)

eg8r
07-10-2003, 07:49 AM
I have some good news for my wife and bad for my current boss. I received my offer letter yesterday and I have accepted it. I will be leaving the great state of Texas on 7/31 and will be headed back to Florida.

I guess, I should be able to make it to the rackmup vs. kato matches and I will do my best to provide an accurate summary for the board (if they don't beat me to it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Good thing I did not sell me house when I moved out here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It will be nice to have a garage and yard again and get out of this apartment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Kato
07-10-2003, 07:56 AM
Awesome Ed. You'll miss the first match (next weekend) but you'll be here for the August matchup. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kato~~~Congratulations. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Thank you.

I don't mind missing one, but I will be there for the rest.

eg8r <~~~Looks forward to meeting Kato and the rest of the South Florida gang /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
07-10-2003, 09:38 AM
This move will also put you closer to Virginia in September. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I believe there are a couple slots still open for the CCB Tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ralph S.
07-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Congrats on the job offer Eg8r.

SpiderMan
07-10-2003, 09:54 AM
What part of Florida? My longtime friend and rival, Chopstick, lives in Lake Mary and plays in Orlando.

SpiderMan

Tom_In_Cincy
07-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Raising the intelligence level in both states again HUH?

Good luck.. and I hope it makes you and yours very happy

nAz
07-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Perfect now me and some of my other left wing pals will have a place to stay when we head down there. Can Qtec come too? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
07-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Yes sir. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you.

eg8r

eg8r
07-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Well, it would be kewl to meet up with him. I am moving back to the Orlando area. I own a house in Ocoee (over near the mall). Once I get back I will let you know and maybe he and I can play some.

eg8r

eg8r
07-10-2003, 03:05 PM
LOL, Rich that would be awesome. I would love nothing more than to head up there in Sept but I don't think it will work out this year. I am sort of gearing up for the Derby.

eg8r

eg8r
07-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Thank you very much.

eg8r

OnePocketChamp
07-10-2003, 03:59 PM
This is very good news for you and your family, I couldn't be happier for the Newman clan. Of course, it goes without saying some here in Texas will miss the eg8r humor not to mention the wonderful Mrs. eg8r but alas Florida is not a bad spot to return too.

Let's get together and play some before you leave!!!!

eg8r
07-10-2003, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's get together and play some before you leave!!!! <hr /></blockquote> You can bet on it. I am trying to get out of some other obligations just so I can come out and play some on Saturday.

eg8r

rackmup
07-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Dammit.

Lose a wife...make a friend...lose a friend...get a wi..er...ED...does this mean I'm gonna have to get marri...well...married again?

Please...say it ain't so!

Misses Ed already. Dosen't miss the ex-wife at all.

Regards,

Ken

rackmup
07-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Me again. This sucks.

Regards and congrats to Mrs. Eg8r and Ed

OnePocketChamp
07-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Did I read this post correctly, is Ken seriously looking for a new wife????? Could that match have pushed him over the edge??? Ken is in more of an emotional state than I suspected and really needs some GOOD advice from all his ccb friends.

I'll be the first to tell him to don't make that drastic decision yet, take some time to reflect on what you are contemplating. Go easy big boy!!!!!!

Qtec
07-10-2003, 09:17 PM
eg8r, do you remember saying this,

[ QUOTE ]
MY time was chosen being part of something I believed in. I am not sure this is anything you can/can't understand, but on that first flight come 2005 when that plane lifts off the ground, I wonder how many people will be crying in joy, and how many people will be thinking like you do. What happens in 2006 when the 2nd variant lifts off the carrier and flies off. I am sure once again there will be more people crying tears of joy, then those sitting back (much like you) thinking about all those wasted years. Then finally in 2007 when the 3rd variant lifts off the ground straight up into the air and hovers for a minute and the proceeds in forward flight, only to stop again and hover for another minute before it comes straight down and lands. Do you think those same people will be crying again? I am sure they will.
<hr /></blockquote>

How can you leave this project when it means so much to you ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IMO, quitting now , at this crucial phase in development of a sorely needed defense aircraft, is bordering on the 'un-patriotic'. Where is your commitment ?Was this all just Rep. rehtoric? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway, you will be closer to Disney Land and Jeb is there also ,so you should settle right in . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
07-10-2003, 09:33 PM
nAz. before I come to Florida I will have to change my identity. The FBI is monitoring this Forum right now looking for subversives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Also eg8r says , if I come to Fl and want to play pool,I have to give him at least one years notice. Then he has time to practice , take lessons ,join a church, etc. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I,m not really left wing . /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I just dont believe evrything that people say .Which in America puts me one step away from being the enemy.

Instead of being in Washington answering the questions that everybody is asking, [ why war ], GW is busy doing nothing , farting around in Africa.
Nothing amazes me about this Admin. any more . Its all so transparent , its pathetic

Q

eg8r
07-10-2003, 09:35 PM
I am going to guess that this post of yours was a joke. If not, do you think I should give you time to delete it? If you are sincere, let me know.

For those that know nothing about how a corporation with different companies within work together, maybe you can shed some light on Qtec.

eg8r

eg8r
07-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Ken, will you miss Heather? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~Hoping I did not set myself up for something brutal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
07-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Ken, I am feeling the love. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Q, quit trying to draw me into a discussion about politics.

As far as you giving me a year to practice, take lessons, and find a church....Yup, you are definitely right about the practice. As far as lessons, Scott has hooked me up with a tape starring....ME. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A church, yup got that to, Radiant Life Assembly of God. I love that church, and should be in attendance on August 3rd.

eg8r &lt;~~~I did not take the political bait, does that make me a nit???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Almost got you there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q

rackmup
07-11-2003, 03:23 AM
of course...

CarolNYC
07-11-2003, 03:36 AM
Good luck eg8r,
I wish you all the best!
Carol:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-11-2003, 06:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am going to guess that this post of yours was a joke. If not, do you think I should give you time to delete it? If you are sincere, let me know.

For those that know nothing about how a corporation with different companies within work together, maybe you can shed some light on Qtec.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

They don't have corporations in Holland. The gov't runs everything and all you have to do is smoke pot and wait for your check on the 1st of the month. Just kiddin' Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good luck eg8r. Don't forget to log out of CCB on your last day on the job /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally~~picturing eg8r driving down I-10 with Molly Hatchett's "Gator Country" jamming on the CD player.

eg8r
07-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-11-2003, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wally~~picturing eg8r driving down I-10 with Molly Hatchett's "Gator Country" jamming on the CD player. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, sounds good, but it will probably be playing movies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it is unsafe (not really. I do not get to watch much, just listen) but it helps the miles go by a lot quicker. Do you know how far you can drive when the movie Gladiator is playing? LOL

eg8r

Candyman
07-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Welcome back South eg8r! Congratulations on the new job. I am also glad to have another fine Florida University flying the ACC colors.
Lock

eg8r
07-11-2003, 09:09 PM
LOL, I am not headed that far south. While I am a HUGE Miami fan, I am not sure how I feel about their jump. Too bad my Gators are not going to be great (at least I don't think /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ).

Thank you,

eg8r

cueball1950
07-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Hi eg...have a safe trip

eg8r
07-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Thanks a lot.

eg8r &lt;~~~Starting to get anxious

eg8r
07-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Well, this is late but my wife got some great news on Thursday. She found out the day after I got my offer, her previous employer gave her, her old job back. She will be starting the same day with zero down time. Woohoo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif She is pretty excited about going back, she loved it there and hated to leave when we moved to Texas.

eg8r