PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Alaska

highsea
07-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Well, folks, I have accepted a job to crew on a private yacht, and will be leaving for Alaska on sunday morning.

The boat is a new 105' Sportfisher, and I will be spending my winter months in Mexico chasing Marlin and Sailfish, and the summertimes in Alaska fishing for Salmon and Halibut out of Sitka.

I will be taking my cue with me, of course, and will be looking for pool games up and down the West Coast. I will be in San Diego in November and December, so any suggestions where to play are appreciated.

I want to wish everyone well, and say have a great summer. I will be logging into the board periodically, and will post some pictures of my travels if anyone is interested. You can see the boat on Qtec's Home Page.

Qtec, can put the URL back up?

See Ya!
-CM

pooldaddy9
07-12-2003, 04:16 AM
Sounds like a great vacation. Traveling, fishing, but you get paid so it's a job. My kind of job,doing what you love to do. Congrats and good luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Congrats on the job. Sounds like fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Candyman
07-12-2003, 07:02 PM
I want to wish everyone well, and say have a great summer. I will be logging into the board periodically, and will post some pictures of my travels if anyone is interested. You can see the boat on Qtec's Home Page.

__________________________________________________ _________
Wow, you are making me jealous. I love the sea and I love fishing. I am use to the East Coast. All you see down here is an occasional high rise. You will have some of the prettiest scenery in the world to view on a daily basis. Be careful in those Alaskan waters. They can be very unpredictable! Please do try to post some of your trip photos. Be safe and keep in touch.
Bon Voyage,
Lock /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nAz
07-12-2003, 08:16 PM
good luck dude! stay dry... err why not use you Cue as a fishing rod? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cueball1950
07-12-2003, 10:17 PM
I spent 5 1/2 years in the navy. Mostly at sea seeing the world. So i know how enjoyable it is. Have a great adventure and definately send some photos. And post as often as possible. Go with Gods speed and ride the wave of life and fun.....................................Mike

Qtec
07-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Hope this does it .

Look out for the icebergs. "De Mazzel", [ be lucky].

Q

http://members.lycos.nl/agli2/twodescphotos.html

AndyG
07-14-2003, 07:11 AM
highsea, If you make to Anchorage, be sure to visit the Anchorage Billiard Palace, one of the best rooms you'll ever see. Say Hello to Mark and Sue Griffin, the owners, also some of the nicest people you'll meet in the pool world or anywhere else.

Enjoy Alaska. "once you come to Alaska, you can never go all the way back".

AndyG