PDA

View Full Version : webbbs style

ccboard_admin_back
02-18-2002, 03:01 PM
There is an updated style to the new message board that is closer to the older board. click on "Switch View to Old Webbs Style (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/webbbs/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard)" at the top and let us know what you think?

02-18-2002, 03:32 PM
To Whom it May Concern:

For those who are into "gadgets and gizmos", as well as lots of "junk" this new format will be liked. However, in many cases, more is simply more and not better. The old format was simple and effective. All these new bells and whistles do not make for a better board. My vote, return to the old format and trash all this extra garbage.

Dr. D.

jjinfla
02-18-2002, 03:52 PM
I like the old webb style and will try that for a while. As for all the new gadgets - I remember when cars started coming out with those new gadgets - like power window, and door locks, and power brakes, and, power steering. People used to say, "just more stuff to go wrong". Now I won't buy a car that doesn't have all the gadgets, plus CD, and On-Star is a must! They make life easier. Keep them coming. Jake

02-18-2002, 04:22 PM
I prefer the new style simply because I don't have to open each post to get to the thread. At playpool they are opened automatically but this format is fine except for the multiple pages. I suppose that conserves resources by sending out smaller pages but I don't like that.

02-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi Ken,
Go ahead and register. then you will get a "My Home" page.
You can modify it and set it up to have up to 50 replies for each topic. This is really nice especially when following along in flat mode.

Troy
02-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Here's what I think ---

1. If the WebBBS style is good enough to have a switch to it, why not just use WebBBS as the format ???

2. NO, it is NOT the same as WebBBS format !!! Barely similar, barely at best !!! For example -- Threads are NOT shown as threads.

02-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi troy,
Have you tried going to "My Home" and changing the view to "flat mode" and following along in the new format?

02-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Post deleted by GCue

02-18-2002, 04:58 PM
TheShot is right!! Setup your 'My Home' with your preferences, the way you want to things viewed. I find it can give you the same thing that the old CCB format. I used to view the old CCB 'Compressed Reversed'. This Flat view is so much easier to handle then having to open up every single darn post in a thread. Plus you can use avatars to show that little bit of character we all have here at the CCB!!

Troy
02-18-2002, 06:26 PM
OK, so I set preferences to "flat" and tried the WebBBS format... Only problem is that it is NOT the WebBBS format !!! It does NOT show threads associated with a subject.

Rod
02-18-2002, 06:54 PM
I like the old webbs style better than the new. Creature of habit I guess.

And just in case you missed a prior post, I also like
12pt font. Some of our eyes here are not as good as they
once were. You do have a lot of people here over 40 something.

Rod

02-18-2002, 06:56 PM
You can change the font size 12pt in your preferences

02-18-2002, 07:01 PM
I am sorry Troy, I must not have made myself clear. Try the flat mode with the "UBB" thread style. It reads so much easier IMHO.