PDA

View Full Version : RAINING FISH

Ralph S.
07-12-2003, 05:18 PM
The other day here in Ft.Wayne, we were having severe thunderstorms for approximately two weeks off and on, when during one of the storms it actually started to rain fish. I had never heard of this phenomenon happening, but several older people I know have seen this before.

Have any of you others people out there ever heard of this? Imagine what it would be like to walk down the street and when the rain starts, you get hit in the head with a carp. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

To my understanding it happens when various things get suckked up in a vortex from prior storms. Can someone please shed some light on this.

rackmup
07-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Let me know when this happens over a bank vault. I'll help clean up the mess.

Regards,

Ken (anyone seen Kato?)

SpiderMan
07-14-2003, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S:</font><hr>Have any of you others people out there ever heard of this? Imagine what it would be like to walk down the street and when the rain starts, you get hit in the head with a carp.<hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure it had anything to do with the rain? As kids back in Memphis, riding home from the river in the back of the pickup, we would sometimes hit guys with carp when they were walking down the street. 10 points if you knocked the hat off, just like at the fairgrounds.

SpiderMan

Karatemom
07-14-2003, 02:37 PM
As funny as it sounds, yes, a thunderstorm can produce such an updraft over the lake, suck up a few fish, and drop them a few miles away. I have heard of it raining frogs so I guess is possible for fish, too.

We had a few of those storms here as well. Most of them missed us, but we did manage to get a couple of good power-knocker-outers. Of course, here on the Mississippi, the only thing that a thunderstorm could possibly drop on us is MUD! LOL

Heide