PDA

View Full Version : Well, I have now baked

Kato
07-12-2003, 11:28 PM
What have I learned? When a recipe for cookies says "place a large spoonful on a non-greased sheet" that their idea of a large spoonful and mine are completely different. Hence I have cookies about the size of frisbee's. Nice.

The other thing I learned is that it's probably not wise to bake and drink alcohol at the same time. Why you ask as blood pours out of my thumb. Well I got a little careless cleaning my food processor and just about sliced my thumb off. Terrific.

Everyone come on over. I got plenty of milk!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~bloody but happy

WesK
07-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Yummy.

What kind of cookies did you make?

wes

Kato
07-13-2003, 12:09 AM
Wes, I made chocolate chip and walnut cookies and chocolate macademia brownies with frosting.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Kato

Chris Cass
07-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Man Kato,

I thought that thing came with directions? I feel personally responsible and sorry to hear your thumb is hurt. Please let a female do the cookie things. Us guys are grillers by birth. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

WesK
07-13-2003, 04:41 AM
Cool.

I personally don't go for the nuts though.

take care,

wes

Kato
07-13-2003, 04:49 AM
Wes, that's odd. Considering of course that you are a nut /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

cheesemouse
07-13-2003, 05:00 AM
Kato,

Your lucky your not into 'speed baking'. One of my favorite fun things to do is see if I can get a chocolate cake, from scratch, into the oven before the oven is pre-heated.....a very exciting and dangerous sport......one downfall of this particular discipline is the clean up factor.....Hehehehe.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
07-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Cheese, it was getting a little late, about 1:15 a.m. when the brownies went in the oven, I was still making the frosting. I had to get it done and still take the cookies off the cookie sheets so I was cookin' and buzzin' at the same time. I've always liked to work clean which boads well for me since I have a rather small kitchen.

Kato~~~no longer bleeding.

cheesemouse
07-13-2003, 05:16 AM
Kato,

eemmmmmmmmmhhhhh browninesssssss.......be back in about 15 minutes.......LOL.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nothing but a$$holes and elbows.......hehehehehe...get out of the way, please........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
07-13-2003, 05:26 AM
Don't mind if I do. I think the law states that if you bleed profusely for your baked products then you are actually aloud to eat them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hopefully we don't have anyone here from law enforcement to refute my claim and throw me in the clink /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rich R.
07-13-2003, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Please let a female do the cookie things. Us guys are grillers by birth.<hr /></blockquote>
Kato, don't listen to Chris.
Keep practicing and I will be the judge of your progress, when you bring a VERY LARGE box of cookies and brownies to Virginia. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There goes my diet.................again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I damn near fell off my chair when I read that your cookies are the size of frisbees! LOLOLOLOL

Remind me to kiss your booboo in September...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050848580.gif

Wendy~~~thinking Kato should stick to http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050849363.gif

Chris Cass
07-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Ya know Rich,

You do bring up a good thought there? hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~likes cookies and brownies toooooo.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
07-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Cassman, I promised Karatemom last night that I'd bring a care package in September. Everyone come on down and gain some weight.

Kato

Hopster
07-14-2003, 01:33 AM
The other thing I learned is that it's probably not wise to bake and drink alcohol at the same time. Why you ask as blood pours out of my thumb. Well I got a little careless cleaning my food processor and just about sliced my thumb off. Terrific. &lt;--Kato

ROFLMAO !! Sorry for laughing but as i was reading this a thought came to my mind. My Knuckle headed brother almsot took his thumb off with a knife while cutting open a frozen bagel, drunk of course. So a week later im in J.C. Pennys and what do i see while im waiting for the wife ? Some gizmo to hold a bagle secure while you cut it. $8 or something, naturally i buy it and gift wrap it. Next day before i see the kid, the wife shows me something in the paper about how many people cut their hands while cutting bagels. I clip this out and put it in an envelope.
When i handed him the stuff at dinner that sunday, i thought he was gonna shoot me. Man, did i give him some heat for that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
07-14-2003, 07:20 AM
I actually wrote that to make fun of myself because I was stupid, careless, and lucky I didn't get hurt worse.

Kato