PDA

View Full Version : Ring Game Humor

L.S. Dennis
07-12-2003, 11:33 PM
I was watching a ring game tonight and it made me remember something that I heard several years ago that made me laugh.

Several years ago there was a prominent pool referee and promoter by the name of Joe Kerr I believe. Anyway there was a time when he became seriously ill and fell into to a semi coma from this illness. When he came to the first thing he was asked naturally was how he felt. His response was "I feel like I just got out of a ring game with Sigel, Varner, and Rempe!"

Chris Cass
07-13-2003, 12:54 AM
Hi L.S.Dennis,

That's too funny. hahahaha I've heard of Joe Kerr before but I didn't know what happen too him.

Regards,

C.C.~~loves a pool player with a sence of humor.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nhp
07-13-2003, 05:26 AM
Ring Games are one of my favorite things to play. Sometimes late at night after the local poolhall closes some of the workers and a few regulars get together and play some jimmy-ball. The funnest thing about this is we usually get a group of 4-8 people, and everyone has to intentionally shark and distract the person shooting. We got this group of guys laughing and saying funny things to everyone, it's really a great time. Best part is the most anyone will lose is 20-30$ so nobody really gets upset when all they get is bad rolls.