PDA

View Full Version : Your Kind Thoughts and Prayers Needed Again

MikeM
07-13-2003, 08:36 AM
My good friend, pool teammate and all-around great guy WesK has a big day tomorrow.

Sometime tomorrow morning Wes goes under the knife for coronary bypass surgery. The doctor hasn't decided whether it will be a double or quadruple, but either way it's serious stuff.

Wes is upbeat and in good spirits, but I'm sure your prayers, warm thoughts and kind words can only help.

He'll be out of commission for a couple of months, but should be ready to go for the 2nd Annual CCB Open.

Let's get that positive CCB karma working for Wes.

Mike......will say a prayer for Wes tonight even though he kicked my a$$ up one side of the table and down the other last night.

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2003, 08:38 AM
My prayers will go out to Wes tonight. One hell of a great guy. Hoping for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

rackmup
07-13-2003, 08:59 AM
2 Corinthians 4:18
<font color="green">So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.</font color>

Placing WesK's health in the hands of God and asking for his speedy recovery through prayer is all we can do and in doing so, we give WesK the greatest hope of all for continued health (and winning at the table!)

Regards,

Ken (in prayer for WesK)

Kato
07-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Aw man that sucks. Good luck Wes. I'll say a prayer.

Kato

Ralph S.
07-13-2003, 09:56 AM
My dad has had several heart attacks and just 4 days ago had a stint put in due to a narrowed artery. I know all about heart problems with friends and loved ones and Wes will be on the prayer list guaranteed.

Karatemom
07-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Wes, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up those spirits. Wishing you all the best!

Heide and family

Rich R.
07-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Wes will definitely be in our thoughts.
He is a great guy and I'm sure he will come through this in great shape.

Thanks for letting us know, Mike. Keep us posted.

eg8r
07-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Good luck Wes. You are definitely in my prayers.

Hope to hear a good update soon.

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
07-13-2003, 12:41 PM
MikeM,

No one, I mean "NO ONE" has a bigger HEART than Wes.
Rock solid Gold is what Wes is made of. Great GUY.. and I always love his long winded posts.

My prayers and thoughts will be with him today and tomorrow.

No luck needed for a man with so much good in him.

WesK
07-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks.

Everyone.

Thanks.

wes

Chris Cass
07-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi Mike,

This makes me sad. I'll say a prayer everyday for Wes. If you PM me and let me know what hospital and room #, I'll be most appreciative. I like Wes and I'm sure others will want the same info. Please explain to Wes we're all rooting for him from the Quad Cities.

Regards,

C.C.

WesK
07-14-2003, 02:45 AM
Heading out the door in a few...

You all take care and God Bless.

wes

bluewolf
07-14-2003, 06:28 AM
God speed wes!!!

MikeM
07-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Just got word that the doctors were very happy with the outcome of Wes' operation. All indications are that the surgery was very successful.

I should be seeing Wes tomorrow and will keep you all posted on his progress.

Mike

Barbara
07-14-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that!! Tell WesK I said hello!

Barbara~~~hates coming home to bad news...

Fran Crimi
07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Mike, that's great. Please give Wes my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery. My dad underwent open heart surgery a few years back. It's a tough ordeal, but well worth it to add more years to your life.

Fran

Karatemom
07-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Wonderful news, Mike! Kept checking the post to see if you were going to update us. We're so happy that everything went as planned. Please tell him we're thinking about him and anxiously awaiting his arrival on the board again, and in Virginia.

Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Mike,

Please tell Wes that we are very relieved. Thanks.

Rich R.
07-15-2003, 04:24 AM
I love reading GOOD news, first thing in the morning.

Give Wes our best and we will be waiting for his return. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooldaddy9
07-15-2003, 06:42 AM
Amazing what prayer can do. Always good to hear great news for a change. Best to you.

Kato
07-15-2003, 07:29 AM
I got an e-mail this morning explaining that during Wes's waking hours he's flirting with nurses. Why wouldn't he? Chick's dig scars.

Kato

eg8r
07-15-2003, 08:44 AM
That is great news.

eg8r

Rod
07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
I just noticed your post. Great news, I'm glad the operation went well. My Dad had a quadruple bypass years ago so I know what your going through Wes. Take care and get well soon. Pay attention to the doctors orders.

Rod

Ross
07-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Get well soon, Wes! You have to be ready to play at the CCB tourney or you will mess up Ingrate's carefully planned tourney chart! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
07-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Ross, when I spoke to Wes on Sunday afternoon he informed me that he would indeed be playing in the tournament.

Kato

MikeM
07-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Just got back from the hospital and a visit with Wes. He's doing great! He had all of his tubes taken out while I was there (and a sponge bath with TWO cute nurses!) and it looks like he's on track to be released Thursday. For a guy who just had a team of doctors rip open his chest he looks super. A little groggy from the Dilaudid, but happy.

He's VERY appreciative of the notes of support on the board here. Thanks for rising to the occasion once again.

I'll keep you posted.

Mike

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Alright Wes! Glad to hear the news!

cueball1950
07-15-2003, 07:55 PM
you definately have them.Go with gods speed

Rich R.
07-16-2003, 04:42 AM
That is great news Mike, thanks for the update.

Wes is making one heck of a recovery. Way to go Wes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MikeM
07-16-2003, 03:00 PM
A final update from me. Hopefully, Wes will be on here soon sharing his convalescence with us.

Things still appear to be going very well for Wes. He's still on track to be released tomorrow. He's cut back on the painkillers (bummer!) and feeling OK.

A couple of you have asked for an address to send cards to. It's:

Wes Kakigi
P.O. Box 498
Ashburn, VA 20146

If you want to send money, PM me for my address /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
Thanks,

Mike

Rich R.
07-17-2003, 04:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> He's cut back on the painkillers (bummer!) and feeling OK. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the update Mike, it will be good to see those extra long posts, from Wes, on the board again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the pain killers, if Wes has any left over, he can just pass them along. I'm sure we can find a use for them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-17-2003, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr>

....Let's get that positive CCB karma working for Wes.....<hr /></blockquote>

days later:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> ....Things still appear to be going very well for Wes. He's still on track to be released tomorrow......<hr /></blockquote>

The CCB karma is powerful Luke Skywalker /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MikeM
07-17-2003, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> He's cut back on the painkillers (bummer!) and feeling OK. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks for the update Mike, it will be good to see those extra long posts, from Wes, on the board again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the pain killers, if Wes has any left over, he can just pass them along. I'm sure we can find a use for them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I've already got dibs!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MM

cueball1950
07-17-2003, 09:43 PM
tell him that i send my best.... and to get well soon...mike

MikeM
07-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Sorry for not updating sooner. Wes is doing fantastic. Just talked to him and he sounds super. Says he's getting up and down steps with no problem and feels great.

He's staying with a friend and still has no access to his 'puter so it'll be a few days before he can check in.

I should see him tomorrow and I'll post a report.

Mike

Karatemom
07-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks, Mike. Glad he's doing so great. We'll be getting his card out in the mail tomorrow.

Heide

Kato
07-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Finally got the cookies done on the 3rd batch. I'll be sending up those cookies for WES and a card tomorrow via U.P.S.

Kato~~~see ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-21-2003, 03:44 AM
Mike that is awesome!!!! I hope Wes does not rush things and lets everything heal properly.

eg8r

Rich R.
07-21-2003, 03:53 AM
You can't keep a pool player down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great news Mike. Thanks.

WesK
07-21-2003, 12:38 PM
My deepest thanks to everyone for all of the kind thoughts.

I did indeed have a very uneventful procedure and seem to be healing at a very good pace.

I probably won't be online too much for the next week or so.

I just wanted to drop in and say ...

Thanks.

wes

Kato
07-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey, it's WesK. What's up Wes? Oh yeah, I talked to you this morning. Better watch out, Tram says she's gonna come steal your cookies. Don't give her the cookies Wes. Don't give her the cookies, it's your final warning. First the cookies then your soul /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

Rich R.
07-22-2003, 04:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WesK:</font><hr> I did indeed have a very uneventful procedure and seem to be healing at a very good pace. <hr /></blockquote>
As Martha would say, "That's a good thing."

It's nice to have you back Wes. Take advantage of the down time and let the healing take its course.

Take care.

Karatemom
07-22-2003, 08:37 AM
We're just glad everything went well. Like Rich said, take advantage of the time off and heal. We'll be here when you're ready.

Take care,

Heide

Kato
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Shoot, Wes called this morning. He's just as jumpy as ever. Apparently, slicing this guy open all over his body didn't really slow down his mouth too much /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just teasin', love talkin' to Wes. He's one of the good guys.

Kato

MikeM
07-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Got a message on my cell phone tonight. Short and simple - "Hey Mike, this is Wes. Who are we playing tonight? I'll be there."

Yep, nine days after triple bypass surgery, WesK returned to action tonight. Too bad the team didn't play so well to welcome him back, but we were very happy to see him.

He's definitely a marvel.

Mike

WesK
07-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah, too bad we didn't play any better.

Oh well.

Must have been Kato's cookies.

wes

Rich R.
07-24-2003, 04:07 AM
Wes, nine days off, you must have been out of stroke.
Don't take any more of those breaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif