PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ferguson Upa ranked 47 update from Cardiff

poolgoogin
07-13-2003, 10:20 AM
The Upa decided to send 47th ranked Bill Ferguson to represent the USA.They could have sent Frankie Hernandez,Troy Frank,Scott Frost etc.
Bill Ferguson has played 4 matches won zero and a total of only 9 racks.

Drake
07-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah, But it doesn't look like Archer is doing great either. Don't give Bill a hard time....Email Charlie.

jjinfla
07-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Bill plays a pretty good game but I don't think he is in the same class as the other players from the USA. Just my observation of watching these guys play. But then who is? I never heard of Teddy Garrahan and know nothing about him. Nor Jimmy Wetch for that matter. It would be interesting to see this group of players (12) play each other in a round robin similar to the round robin in Cardiff. That would be some good action. Picture that in Vegas with open betting on individual matches and the final outcome. They could call it the World series of Pool like they do in poker. And maybe they could take the top five from the round robin and those guys play a showdown where they keep playing a single game. Winner stays at the table and they keep rotating through the other four until one player reaches 25 or so wins. Ten minute break between games to "Place your bets". And why was Shannon a no show? Jake

Ken
07-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Jake
I saw Billy at Capone's and he played well. Teddy has had a couple wins on the Joss tour and might be a bit stronger player. Neither one is listed in the top 1600 players in the world by the BCA.

Wetch is a pro player but doesn't get much press. He's been around for a while.
KenCT

jjinfla
07-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Bill was a regular on the old Florida Pro tour and at Fat Cats in Mount Dora. But after Dan Lavoie sold Fat Cats that monthly game seems to have dried up and I think most of the guys gravitated to Pro Billiards. I even think Dan is better than Bill, as is Louis Viera and Adam Wheeler. But I guess it would really be a toss up on any given day. Jake

L.S. Dennis
07-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Never heard of Jimmy Wetch? I think you should do a little homework. He was one of the top American players a few years ago, definetley woththy or being in Cardiff. I'm not sure about the others but they need to be supported as well!

Mike H
07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Teddy's definitely a great player....but I'd say he's a bit below many of the Top American players. Wetch is right there with the top players....he took 5/6th at the US Open last year, and is a very consistent player.

poolgoogin
07-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Final results: Bill Fergusson played 7 matches lost all 7 and won only 11 racks.Don't say I didn't warn you.If the Upa don't have enough quality players to send to Cardiff then send fewer and give the other spots back to the BCA to give to some other country like the Phillipines,who need the spots and can send a top quality player.
Or give the UPA some spots and the others go to the USA players on the Billiards Digest Power Index,like Dee Adkins who has played well all year in major tournaments but did not compete in too many UPA tournaments.

pooltchr
07-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Dig out some old issues of BD. Jimmy has been around and is definitely a contender anywhere he goes. Teddy played some on the old Camel pro tour, so I would say he has paid his dues as well. Maybe not the "Big" names you hear regularly, but most players would know the names.