PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Custom Cues

bott1637
07-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Anyone have any experience with Jackson Custom Cues. They are made in some small town in Wisconsin. I shot one the other day at a local pool hall (Minneapolis) and was impressed with the hit. So I was just curious if anyone has anything to say about them. Also their cues are available with a stainless joint or a multi-polymer thermoplastic joint for the same price. Which would be better?

irunrax
07-13-2003, 01:30 PM
I have had two different Jacksons, one custom with an ivory joint and one with a stainless steel joint. I think i liked the ivory joint better, it absorbed alot of the vibration in the cue when striking a ball. They are a solid cue, if you like the way it hits then it does not matter what other people say about it as it will be in your hand. I do not shoot with one at present, a couple of years ago i found a Schuler that i liked better and never looked back.

tateuts
07-13-2003, 01:37 PM
I have one Jackson cue in my collection - it is terrific. I can't say enough good things about this particular cue. It is a model O-9 about 2 years old. I think Jackson is one of the most under-exposed, under rated production/custom cues around.

One of the principals with Jackson was with Schon for many years, so it's no coincidence they play similar to a Schon. Mine has the unique stainless joint, 9/32 X 18 with a shoulder on the joint screw. Great joint, great hit. This cue is solid and strait as an arrow. I would say it plays like a Schon. Jackson also uses high integrity materials, real ivory and ebony, etc.

I think if you can get one for half of the going Schon rate, say, under $300, you've got yourself a bargain playing stick.

Here's their web site Jackson Custom Cue (http://www.jacksoncue.com)

Regards,

Chris

JPB
07-13-2003, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I have one Jackson cue in my collection - it is terrific. I can't say enough good things about this particular cue. It is a model O-9 about 2 years old. I think Jackson is one of the most under-exposed, under rated production/custom cues around.

One of the principals with Jackson was with Schon for many years, so it's no coincidence they play similar to a Schon. Mine has the unique stainless joint, 9/32 X 18 with a shoulder on the joint screw. Great joint, great hit. This cue is solid and strait as an arrow. I would say it plays like a Schon. Jackson also uses high integrity materials, real ivory and ebony, etc.

I think if you can get one for half of the going Schon rate, say, under $300, you've got yourself a bargain playing stick.

Here's their web site Jackson Custom Cue (http://www.jacksoncue.com)

Regards,

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Doesn't look like a coincidence the "Jackson" on the butt looks a lot like "Schon." That's really cheesy. They might be good cues, but they should get something different to mark them.

cycopath
07-15-2003, 10:42 AM
I thought they use to have a JCC symbol. The letters were stacked in a rectangle.

ProPain
07-15-2003, 11:52 AM
They did have the JCC symbol until about two years ago. I have a Jackson with the JCC on the bottom. Jackson changed it to get more name recognition.

About the hit of the cue- I bought mine used off of ebay(Model # 0-16 on the website) and must say it has a great feel. I was pleasantly surprised by the hit. I don't think you could go wrong buying one of these cues. I have only had mine a little over a month, but I really like it so far.

SRpool
07-18-2003, 11:39 AM
I would recommend getting a Jackson cue. They hit very solid. i found that the stainless steel joint felt more solid, but it is a personal preference. Also, the cuemakers are very easy to deal with and friendly, they will make anything to your specification.

sarah rousey

shotech
04-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I know this is an older post, but I also would recommend a Jackson cue. I purchased my first Jackson about a year ago, a cocobola 0-1, and quickly retired my old cue. I now have two Jackson cues and am very impressed with both cues and the sevice I receive when I call.

bott1637
04-22-2005, 06:16 PM
I have had my Jackson for almost a year now and absolutely love it. For anyone looking at a new cue they couldn't go wrong. The customer service is the best I have ever dealt with in any company. I picked out one of their model cues and spend about three months modifying it just the way I wanted. The lady I was dealing with was incredibly helpful sending pictures of possibilities. GREAT GREAT COMPANY and beautiful cue.