PDA

View Full Version : Kato vs. Rackmup: The Betting Line.

rackmup
07-13-2003, 04:45 PM
<ul type="square">Kato

Plays on a regular basis.
Has taken lessons from Scott Lee.
Lives close to VooDoo Daddy who I'm certain helps his game.
Is talented enough to justify ordering a custom Omen cue.
Will be playing in his city, at his home room and in front of his peers.
Will sleep in his own bed each night.
Is intimidating, what with his non-stop woofing and all.
Can drink beer like a fish and not suffer any ill-effects.
[/list]

<ul type="square">Rackmup

No longer has time to practice.
Only plays in league two nights per week.
Has only consumed alcoholic beverages with Scott Lee.
Lives no where near VooDoo Daddy, doesn't know anything about voodoo and I'm uncertain who my Daddy is.
Owns and plays with a cheap, inexpensive Schonk (a Schon knock off) cue.
Will be playing in a city I have never seen, on tables I have never played on and sleeping in an uncomfortable hotel bed each night.
Is sheepishly shy, quiet and reserved and doesn't play well when intimidated by his opponent.
Finds himself tipsy after only two non-alcohol beers.
[/list]

Kato is the obvious odds-on favorite. Nineball (race to 11), Eightball (race to 9) and One Pocket (race to 7) are the games.

Step up and place your bets. Kato promises nightly postings about the results of each "event."

Regards,

Ken (Scared half to death of Kato.)

Kato
07-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Let's set the record straight:

1) If you call playing regularly 1 time per week then yes, I guess I play regularly

2) Has taken 1 lesson from Scott Lee

3) Lives in the same State as Voodoo Daddy who I haven't seen for quite a while

4) Has enough money (barely) to justify buying an Omen Custom Cue

5) Will be playing in his city, in his town, in front of his peers against a woofing, beer guzzling, side winding lunatic from Ari/Texas.

6) His never intimidated anyone over the age of 12.

7) Lost to Rackmup last time because after 3 beers I'm officially toast.

Rackmup:

1) Has never practiced a day in his life.

2) I known as "The Man" in league

3) Has consumed alcoholic beverages with just about everyone in the universe.

4) Has a "Kato" Voodoo doll

5) Owns and plays with a $1500 Schon and has a $400 Jack Justic case

6) Is basically on vacation while I work. After all, Rackmup is staying on the beach.

7) Intimidated? I don't blame him.

8) Does not know what a non-alcoholic beer is

Verdict:

Rackmup has no chance except in one pocket and even then he's not a shoe in.

Smart money:

Kato

rackmup
07-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I DO NOT own a Jack Justis case (it's a leather 3X5 Instroke.)

Get it straight Florida boy.

Regards,

Ken (wishes he had a JJ Case)

bolo
07-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Where is this event to take place?

Kato
07-13-2003, 07:07 PM
This massive battle will take place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at Breakers Billiards in North Lauderdale, Florida. I'm not sure if we're playing all those nights but at least a few of them. Tuesday night is definitely on.

Kato

rackmup
07-13-2003, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fraido Kato:</font><hr> I'm not sure if we're playing all those nights... <hr /></blockquote>

It will definitely be on for Tuesday night. Kato has league Wednesday night and I don't know what my company's plans are for me on the other nights but you can count on this: Any night that I'm not forced to hobnob with the company big fish, I will be battling the little fish at the poolhall of his choice.

If he's playing me on Saturday night you had better check his opponent's i.d. as I leave Saturday morning at 6AM.

Regards,

Ken

Nightstalker
07-13-2003, 08:14 PM
LLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedHell
07-14-2003, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> [Nineball (race to 11), Eightball (race to 9) and One Pocket (race to 7) are the games.<hr /></blockquote>

Wow 1P for a possible 13games, how long last your average games ?

Kato
07-14-2003, 12:55 PM
After I win the 9-ball and 8-ball sets I'll just fire at everything. I'll have nothing left to prove. I think last time Ken and I played a race to 3 one pocket he won 3 to 2 and it took about 2 hours.

Kato

RedHell
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
So 5 games in 120 minutes is 24 minutes a game. That would be close to 5 hours 12 minutes if you go the distance in your race to 7....

That's an interesting night ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Kato
07-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I'll lose before I play 1 pocket for that long. Unless Ken manages to eek out a set through divine intervention or gets some sexy vixen talking to me about something or other (I'm not gonna actually listen) then I won't have to care about the one pocket match.

Kato~~~ain't gonna lose.

rackmup
07-14-2003, 04:28 PM
blah blah blah...

After 9 and 8 ball, I won't need the one-hole match (I might even reduce it to a more tolerable number for my pal, Kato.)

Regards,

Ken (17 hours until doom hits the East Coast)

SpiderMan
07-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Moved to the "true story" thread.

SpiderMan

Kato
07-15-2003, 02:14 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't take that action which is terrible since I don't gamble. How about 2 beers instead Marty?

Kato