PDA

View Full Version : I got a question (about the ring)

shoot2thrill
07-13-2003, 07:59 PM
I have noticed that most every high level pool player (woman or man )wear's a ring on there little finger of there bridge hand. can someone give big jim a clue on this or am I just paying to much attenion to detail???

Deniel
07-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Because they're married? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooldaddy9
07-14-2003, 04:23 AM
It shows off better that way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

shoot2thrill
07-14-2003, 05:30 PM
married i like that.. NOT!!!!

Deniel
07-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Sorry, didn't meant to be rude or anything, it just seems funny at the time,either way I appologize if I offend you

Deniel

tateuts
07-14-2003, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shoot2thrill:</font><hr> I have noticed that most every high level pool player (woman or man )wear's a ring on there little finger of there bridge hand. can someone give big jim a clue on this or am I just paying to much attenion to detail??? <hr /></blockquote>

First of all, never mix your jewelry up. Women look great with jewelry no matter where they display it and they can wear it tastefully anywhere, anytime, so long as it doesn't interfere with their speech. Even the most serious, respected matron becomes a skittish little teeny bopper when it comes to jewelry - no problem here. So they run out of fingers and have a few more rings - they put them on their toes or in their ears - they don't care. So it's just a coincindence they have them on their bridge hand pinky.

For men, before the nipple ring, before the nose and eyebrow piercings, guys wore other useless jewelry that they didn't actually need a wrench to install. One example of this was known as the "pinky ring". I remember is was fashionable long ago, particularly to have your initials laid out in gold or diamonds. I don't know where the fashion started, but I've always associated pinky rings with river boat gamblers, white shoes, tuxedos, Clark Gable, cigarette holders, hairy chests adorned with thick gold chains bordered by brightly colored print rayon shirts, Tom Jones, gold tooth picks, cigar stores, nits, and Fast Larry instruction books.

Chris

bolo
07-14-2003, 06:11 PM
You have your wedding ring on your little finger?

tateuts
07-14-2003, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> You have your wedding ring on your little finger? <hr /></blockquote>

Please respect the customs of our pool shooting brethren from other countries. His Javanese ancestors used to embalm the bodies of their deceased spouses with natural herbs and sleep in the same bed with them until they too passed on.

Chris

Deniel
07-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Uhm.. no, nor that I'm married for that matter
I was just kidding, geez

Deniel ^__^

Deniel
07-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Okay... that's just morbid.

Deniel &lt;- Glad he's not a javanese ^__^

tateuts
07-14-2003, 08:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deniel:</font><hr> Okay... that's just morbid.

Deniel &lt;- Glad he's not a javanese ^__^ <hr /></blockquote>

Deniel,

It was morbid. There's an amusement park in Jakarta where I learned about that custom. It has cultural displays from many of the islands in Indonesia and is also a bird sanctuary. It was a large place. I was killing time on a flight from Bali to Singapore during monsoon season - I think it was March, 1992.

Chris

shoot2thrill
07-14-2003, 09:23 PM
NOW I KONOW HOW MY FAYHER N LAW MUST HAVE FELT. THE MOTHER N LAW IS EVERTHING YOU DESCRIBED JUST NOT DEAD

tateuts
07-14-2003, 09:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shoot2thrill:</font><hr> NOW I KONOW HOW MY FAYHER N LAW MUST HAVE FELT. THE MOTHER N LAW IS EVERTHING YOU DESCRIBED JUST NOT DEAD <hr /></blockquote>

That's a good one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif - as long as you don't tell your wife your screen name!

Chris

Deniel
07-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Uhm.. I think you meant Indonesian Miniature Park.

Deniel

griffith_d
07-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I think the ring balances out the bridge hand,..that's why they shoot better.

Griff

cycopath
07-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Purely for the intimidation factor.

You should see the huge marquise diamond in Scott Lee's pinky ring. Pretty intimidating.