PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the billiard balls?

Trot Nixon
07-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry everyone, but I have another question (as you can tell I'm new to the game) just got a pool table off a friend along with a set of balls which need some cleaning, is there any special soap I need to clean them?? My friend suggested Comet but wanted to check here first...this question has probably been asked 500000000 times here so once again I'm sorry

Qtec
07-13-2003, 09:37 PM
FL, is that you ?

Q

Trot Nixon
07-13-2003, 09:45 PM
sorry not FL

GreenLion
07-13-2003, 09:55 PM
The Cleaner i use is called"Aramith Billiard Ball Cleaner"
This stuff cleaned a set of old balls i had real well.When you use this you may want to use a Aramith micro fiber cloth for optimal results.Welcome to the game of Pocket Billiards!Im sure your find it very enjoyable.Its gets more enjoyable the better you get!"

L.S. Dennis
07-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Definetly not comet! If you don't have access to a $500.00 ball cleaning machine, then you can use the special ball cleaners that you can buy at any billiard supply store. Another good thing that I have used is mag wheel polish. A real light rubbing compound that you can buy at any auto parts store also will do the job.

With any of these be prepared to put in a little elbow greese!

Fred Agnir
07-14-2003, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Trot Nixon:</font><hr> Sorry everyone, but I have another question (as you can tell I'm new to the game) just got a pool table off a friend along with a set of balls which need some cleaning, is there any special soap I need to clean them?? My friend suggested Comet but wanted to check here first...this question has probably been asked 500000000 times here so once again I'm sorry <hr /></blockquote>Don't use anything with bleach. It's turn your white ball into a pink ball.

I've used ordinary dish soap with success.

Fred

Trot Nixon
07-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks everyone you've been more than helpful, pool table is coming today and counting down the hours until it comes...

Rich R.
07-14-2003, 09:28 AM
You can get the Mini-Buffer.
http://www.mini-buffer.com/

It is an inexpensive alternative to the high $$$ cleaning machines. It works fairly good, considering the price. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alfie
07-14-2003, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Trot Nixon:</font><hr> just got a pool table off a friend along with a set of balls which need some cleaning, is there any special soap I need to clean them?? <hr /></blockquote>special soap not necessary

two of the things I use-
-soapy water, rinse well
-rubbing alcohol

NBC-BOB
07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
They sell a ball cleaning solution.You could do like I do and when you go over to your local room, bring your balls with you and ask them to throw them in there machine.Of cause it helps if your a regular and they know you.