PDA

View Full Version : Albany pool rooms?

Keith Talent
07-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Any suggestions on rooms in Albany-Schenectady area? Especially ones that open early ... probably be there this afternoon. A lot of small-town places I've called don't open till 6.

supercueman
07-16-2003, 11:00 PM
I lived in that area for 10 years.... there were 4 rooms open then ... 7 yrs.ago.. They us to open 12:00pm... There was a nice room off of route 5 I can't remember the name...

Good luck...
supercueman

Keith Talent
07-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Supercue,

Thanks ... will see if there's still a room there. So you moved someplace sunnier and warmer? That would be almost anywhere besides Maine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I spend a fair amount of time upstate, and there's one place 50 miles west, in Oneonta, and another 50 miles east in Kingston, neither of which opens before 6, except on weekends. Between, it's a bar box jungle. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So, I'm thinking of making the run toward Albany when time allows. Found a handful of places on poolhall.com, but don't know what's good yet.

cueball1950
07-17-2003, 09:30 PM
the golden cue on central avenue opens about 10 am. the owner is always there cleaning and they will let you play till your hearts content. it is only $ 4 an hour. and he just raised it to that just recently. if you get into town look me up.....Mike peabody

travin
07-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Kingston is south, but you are right "Breaks" doesn't open until 6.

Todd

Keith Talent
07-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Travin,

So I found out Monday, when I had a chance to make a run over to Kingston for the day. Rip Van Winkle might have finally woken up, but the Catskills and environs still snooze pretty much all week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
07-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Mike, thanks. PM'd you, hope it got there, though reply not showing up on home page. Will find my way up there next time I can send the spouse home early because I've volunteered to stay behind and take care of cabin "chores."