PDA

View Full Version : CCB chat option

UWPoolGod
07-14-2003, 09:49 AM
I was talking to my brother about his website terrybrooks.net. He has a chat room on there that uses the mIRC program that we can get at www.mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com)

It used to be free, but now looks as though after 30 days there is a one time $20 registration fee. I went on there and set up my account and set up the stuff for the CCB chat room. I wish BD would put this on their site. We can always use the Yahoo one if people would rather do that since it is free. If anyone wants to go to the mIRC one, the parameters and connection stuff is as follows:

Download the mIRC software and install it.
Open the program and go to the options tab.
Enter in your name/nickname/e-mail etc.
Where the IRC Network tab is, scroll down to ZiRC
Click Connect to IRC Server
When it opens, in the text line type /join #BilliardsDigest

Then you will be in the chat. I just wish there would be a permanent link to any type of chat. It is cool being able to chat at the same moment with the people on this board.

Anyways that is all, let us all know what you guys think...maybe it is a bad idea

Todd

bolo
07-14-2003, 06:05 PM
A chat room is a bad idea for a subject like this board. Chat rooms talk about nothing, every body talking over each other hardly a complete thought or point is ever made. This board works because on the quality of the posts. Many people carefully compose them taking their time to be sure they are making their point or answering a question. Most spell check and try to use proper language. You come away with something on this board. I read other boards and none compare to this one. The knowledge is here and willingly spread. You ask a question and you will get an answer. That is why I find it odd when someone says they are never coming here again. What the hell are they talking about, there is nothing out there like this board for pool. A lot of off the wall subjects come up and people will bicker about something, but so what, they will shift gears and talk pool if there is a pretty good topic, it is just there are sometimes not many good topics. Back to a chat room, I would not be interested, I don't like the way a chat room works for my purposes. The maybe that is just me.

Qtec
07-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Well said.

I havent found a site that matches this one. Anyway , who is going to chat with me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Hopster
07-14-2003, 11:14 PM
A chat room is a bad idea for a subject like this board. Chat rooms talk about nothing, every body talking over each other hardly a complete thought or point is ever made.<--Bolo

You hit the nail right on the head Bolo.

bluewolf
07-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Bolo has a good point. The purpose of a chat room I thought was to get to know each other a little better. Well I guess seeing each other at ccb tournament will help with that part also. Sometimes I think that flames come from not understanding a person's sense of humor and knowing the kool person they really are.

Laura

bolo
07-15-2003, 10:27 AM
I find this board very unique. I go on other boards on other subjects and I can tell you. You ask a question, you are lucky if you see an answer in a couple of days. On here you will have an answer in a few minutes. Someone will provide a link sometimes, often you can tell they went to the trouble to look up the info for you, it is amazing. Everyone is welcome without question. Any problems that may arise are usually the fault of the newbe and quickly forgotten once resolved. I tend to read most of the posts. I always read what you write, it has sort of an innocent honesty to it and is often amusing, no offense. I don't believe one should be to open about themselves on a board like this though, beyond the subject matter. I have deleted a few things I should not have said about myself that I felt was no ones business, but that is just me.

bluewolf
07-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Bolo,

I feel honored that you read what I write. After playing for only 11 months, I am sure I say lots of dumb things but just hope that they will get less dumb with time and experience.

I am not offended that what I say amuses you. My honesty is one of my worst faults. That sounds funny to say, but at 50, I guess I have many childlike traits.One of those is that everything I learn is very exciting, everything is new, sort of. Woops, too honest again?

Laura

bolo
07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Not just pool, this is the best one I have seen on any subject.