PDA

View Full Version : Hey You Las Vegas People

Fran Crimi
07-14-2003, 02:56 PM
So tell me, how do you folks do it??? 115 Degrees in the shade, 122 in the sun, 105 at midnight. Holy smokes.

Not that I ever wondered what it was like to walk into a blast furnace, or what it feels like standing behind a jet engine, but now I know.

Fran ~~~ Glad to be home, back in freezing 80 degrees.

SpiderMan
07-14-2003, 03:05 PM
That's easy. It's not the heat, it's the humidity. 115 in the shade only feels like 110 because it's so dry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan

Hopster
07-14-2003, 11:10 PM
So tell me, how do you folks do it??? 115 Degrees in the shade, 122 in the sun, 105 at midnight. Holy smokes.

Not that I ever wondered what it was like to walk into a blast furnace, or what it feels like standing behind a jet engine, but now I know. <--Fran

Was it hot while you were here Fran ?? I didnt notice it much myself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She is telling it right folks, it was and still is like an oven and probably wont break for a week or so. You think i like this crap ?? Forget about it !! Me, im a winter person.

I would also like to take this oppourtunity to publicly thank Fran who took time from her busy schedule to come to the cue club and give me some lessons. She pointed out a few things that i know once i correct will bring my game up to a better level. Amazes me some of the things i was doing without realizing it.
Anwyay, thanks again and remember me when you open your oven to take something out and you feel the heat. lol

Rod
07-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Humm, glad I don't live in that kind of weather. It was only 115 here today AND a cold front coming in tommorrow. It feels pretty cool at 109. LOL

Rich R.
07-15-2003, 04:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> You think i like this crap ?? Forget about it !! Me, im a winter person.<hr /></blockquote>
"Winter" in Vegas.
You must be talking about, when the temperature drops all the way down to 70. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
07-15-2003, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> You think i like this crap ?? Forget about it !! Me, im a winter person.<hr /></blockquote>
"Winter" in Vegas.
You must be talking about, when the temperature drops all the way down to 70. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rich, Hopster's a New York boy. He means real winter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Hopster, it was great spending time with you and the pleasure was mine. It was a nice change from the madness of the Trade Show. I did use my oven last night and thought of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fran

Fran Crimi
07-15-2003, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Humm, glad I don't live in that kind of weather. It was only 115 here today AND a cold front coming in tommorrow. It feels pretty cool at 109. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

You people are nuts, I swear. I think it actually gets worse where you are, right? Aren't you in the hottest region of the country, Rod?

Fran

Rod
07-15-2003, 09:43 AM
As an average Phoenix is hotter than LV. From Tucson to LV and beyond to Death Valley it is hot. At 8:30 am here, it has reached 100 deg. Quite a shock to the system when your use to 80 something as a high. Our low last night was 88, sometimes it doesn't get to the 80's. Yep Fran, I'd say we are nuts. If I had a reason to leave, I'd be gone.

Rod

Keith Talent
07-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Guess we're having our moment in the sun, when we can poke fun at people living in places like Vegas and Phoenix. But weren't we moaning about the endless winter about 5 minutes ago? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some fun facts about recent NYC weather:

It hit 76 on Oct. 7, 2002. It didn't hit 70 again till March 30, 2003.

It hit 80 on 3 days in April -- and hit 70 on only 2 others. Didn't hit 80 at all in May and hit 70 only 8 times. So by June 10, when it hit 80 again, we had had a total of 4 warm days and 10 other pleasant days, with the year nearly half over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif (OK, some of those days in the 60s were pretty nice, but it ain't sidewalk cafe weather).

We had a 12 straight days in January when it didn't crack 32.

All in all, Vegas doesn't sound too bad from here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fran Crimi
07-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Drat. Thanks for the reminder, Keith. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yep. I remember that cold streak in January. Well, at least we could add layers. What the heck do you do in 120 degrees? Take off skin? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

Keith Talent
07-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Fran,

Hated to be bad news bearer ... still haven't swapped out my snow tires yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And have no idea how them croc-skinned Westerners survive those summers, either. But I do have this sick feeling we'll be envying them again in a dozen weeks or so.

Hopster
07-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Yep. I remember that cold streak in January. Well, at least we could add layers. What the heck do you do in 120 degrees? Take off skin? &lt;--Fran

You stay indoors and forget all about any outdoor activity till late September. If youre sane that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif