PDA

View Full Version : A True Story:

rackmup
07-15-2003, 05:41 AM
It was just a little over five hours away. A sudden gloom had settled in over the small town of Pompano. The women in their little bikinis had abandoned the beach. The men hung around a little longer until they became keenly aware their spandex Speedos' wouldn't protect them from the wrath that was about to be.

The skies gradually darkened and the wind grew deadly still. They had seen this type of thing before. Windows of downtown buildings were boarded up and the streets were void of any signs of human life. It was like a ghost town.

One man stood boldly in defiance of the impending storm. One man took his place at one end of Pompano Beach Boulevard. In one hand, a small cube of masters chalk. In the other hand, a well worn leather case that contained a couple of lone pool cues.

These were his weapons of choice. It would be with these instruments that he would face the gales alone. Thoughts raced through his mind: "What if I scratch on the break?" he wondered. "I'm really not that strong at one hole" he stated.

It was too late to turn back now. He had made his bed and now he would have to sleep in it. While common sense would dictate he had forayed into a territory so dark, an impending outcome so ominous, a battle that would certainly be so bloody...

...But there would be no running. There would be no hiding. Most frightening of all was there was no place to run. There was no place to hide. Common sense would celebrate no victory here. It was time to face the music.

Somewhere, hundreds of miles away, this lone challenger's fate was preparing to tear into this little hamlet of seaside cafes and quaint little shops. Doom was on the horizon. History was in the making. Reputations would be lost. Lives would be irreparably shattered.

The seconds seemed like hours. Sweat beaded up on his brow like so many little liquid reminders of how he had allowed his bravado to get in the way of sound decision-making. Too late.

At 11:15AM, his challenger would board a plane. His challenger suffers no fear. His challenger has no foe so great that he would even consider backing down. His challenger only has one task at hand and he will accomplish that task:

To meet Kato, have a little dinner and allow Kato the opportunity to take the edge off with a couple of alcoholic pain suppressors. Then all friendships are off. There will be no handshakes or well wishes. No friendly games.

This will be the very definition of doom. This will be the undoing of RJ Benoit. This is his destiny.

After the battle, there will be chicken wings consumed and beers slammed back in a joyous celebration of victory. There will be uncontrollable gawking at Hooter's Girls.

One man will walk away content while the other struggles to piece back his broken life.

One man will be the VICTOR.

Regards,

Ken (no idea who this "One man" is...I just know I need to finish packing and meet Kato for some fun times, lies and beer guzzling.)

Kato
07-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Just so you know Ken, it rained terribly last night and is supposed to rain for the next few days. Welcome to South Florida in the summer time.

Just so you know, I have no doubts about my one hole game. I have no doubt it's terrible. I do however know where every Hooters in my neck of the woods is. We'll have fun.

Kato~~~nervous, nope. I got my rackrunnin mode on.

OnePocketChamp
07-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Kato, this is a very entertaining little story and when Ken puts his mind to it he can write very well, as all who have been on the board can ascertain.

Now, just to make sure Ken gets plenty to eat after the first match, make sure that the local Hooters has a large supply of "CROW" in the cooler. He really likes that but from past experience doesn't go for dipping it in ranch dressing usually prefers blue cheese- must be the Arizona fashion working here.

Anyway, have a great time and we all need to be kept current on the daily events out there in sunny Florida and if you could throw in some tidbits about girls in wet t-shirts or bikini's that would be a plus.

Kato
07-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Well OPC, if you've never been here I'd never be able to do the girls and their "swimsuit fashions" justice. The material, flismy. The colors, bright. Many of them you can floss with.

Ken on the other hand, has bigger problems than the amount of crow he can injest. He's got problems when I bring 100% of my game and he can't match it.

Kato

SpiderMan
07-15-2003, 12:12 PM
A man with a rapier mouth,
Jumped on a plane and flew south.
"He's a big man" said Ken,
"behind keyboard and pen",
"but he'll do nothing but rack while we're out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
07-15-2003, 04:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> A man with a rapier mouth,
Jumped on a plane and flew south.
"He's a big man" said Ken,
"behind keyboard and pen",
"but he'll do nothing but rack while we're out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>I would be remiss if I didn't take that action which is terrible since I don't gamble. How about 2 beers instead Marty?
Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I'll buy two beers, one for the loser and one for the winner, next time I see either of you.

SpiderMan