PDA

View Full Version : Ever play pool with shades on?

Wally_in_Cincy
07-15-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't know the story behind this.......

http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com/images/EarlStricklandDay2a.jpg

oh well, he looks pretty cool /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
07-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Lookin' good Earl!!!!!!

Kato

RedHell
07-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Actually they look darker on this picture than they are. There is another picture of the same day that seems to show a much lighter shade almost yellow like shooting glasses...

UWPoolGod
07-15-2003, 02:54 PM
I would think that it almost might be advantageous to wear some kind of glasses with side and partial front blockers. Might keep distracting movements for making you lose your concentration. However seems like when I make goggles with my hands in circles it makes my eyes strain a little harder, but sharpens a little. HMMMM.

I have saw a few players play with their hats low like this as well to block above stuff and light glare.

Keith McCready
07-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I sure wish he had had those sunglasses on in the tournaments I've played him in.

Earthquake (Just kidding, Earl, but I might have had a better chance! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

rukiddingme
07-15-2003, 03:32 PM
When I played pool last night I was playing like the shades were down...after every shot my brain was yelling "that was terrible! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
ruk

bolo
07-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Did you ever play Steve Gumpfries, (sp?)he is dead now, from years ago, he used to play in sunglasses all the time.

Koenig
07-29-2003, 03:52 AM
Hey, Scott! Notice the palm of Earls hand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Saw this alot in Cardiff.

UWPoolGod
07-29-2003, 12:45 PM
How bright it is in there..showing his shadow? Or that he is jacked up over a ball?

Koenig
08-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Scott and I had an argument this winter about Stricklands (and others) technique. I just said that there are world class players playing with the palm off the table, Scott said that Earl seldom does that or something... I still disagree.