PDA

View Full Version : need quick cue answer

Geoff
07-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I have the opportunity to buy a Viking VM 23, used only 3 times for about $125. I have never hit with it, but I like Viking cues in general. Problem is, it is a metal to metal joint, which I have never used, I ve only played with an implex to implex joint w/ steel pin. (lower end of the millenium line, i.e VM 33) Is this a good deal? should I go for it/ Im looking for a new cue, and this one is less then half of what they go for at most retailers. What do you guys think? I have to let this guy know within 2 hours.

Candyman
07-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Insist on hitting a few racks with it. Don't let him pull the 2 hr. deal on you. If you like it, buy it.
Lock

Geoff
07-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Normally I would, however, this guy is a good hour away from me, and Im getting on a plane in 2 hours (thats why the time crunch) and will be out of the country for a few weeks.
Anyone tell me how the feel of a implex to implex and metal to metal joint differ?

Fran Crimi
07-16-2003, 01:04 PM
That cue retails anywhere from $290 to $340. Are you sure it's not hot and somebody's going to grab it out of your hands and say it's theirs and it was stolen? Careful about that stuff. $125 Is awfully low if that cue was only used three times.

Stainless steel joints give you a very different feel than wood-to-wood. I find the hit of solid stainless to be a bit pingy, with some shaft vibration. Some players like that type of hit but the only way you'll know for sure is to hit with it.

Fran

tateuts
07-16-2003, 02:11 PM
It's a decent cue and a good deal. I've had a couple of Vikings. The stainless joint you want is metal to implex. The metal to metal is harsh, noisy, and distracting. The cue is probably worth $150 - $175 street/e-bay value excellent used condition.

Chris

tateuts
07-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Geoff,

So, what happened?

Chris