PDA

View Full Version : L.A market accident.

Qtec
07-17-2003, 04:45 AM
L.A.- 9 killed, 15 critical and 44 injured.
Cause; old man 86 steps on accelerator instead of brake and drives his car into a crowd of people at a market.

If he had been called Mohammed , would the US be on high alert!
If a terrorist was to steal a truck and do the same thing, would only US citizens in future be allowed to drive?

Would any amount of 'smart' bombs or Stealth technology give protection against a fanatic who is determined to kill as many people as he can, without regard for his own life?

The fact is that there is only security when you dont have enemies. Make more friends is IMO the way to go.

Like it or not , the past administrations are also responsible for 9/11, not only Bin Laden.

I saw a photo from 1983 with Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam. At this point it was already known what kind of person he was. Or did the CIA get it wrong again????

It would be more appropriate to just call them the Central Somebody has to take the fall for the President Agency.
Arent these institutions there to protect the American people and and Democracy. Looks to me like that they are being used to back up the present Admin.
Q

Wally_in_Cincy
07-17-2003, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> L.A.- 9 killed, 15 critical and 44 injured.
Cause; old man 86 steps on accelerator instead of brake and drives his car into a crowd of people at a market.

<font color="blue">Now wtf does this have to do with this: </font color>

<font color="blue">Your hatred of the USA has now driven you completely insane. Good thing your country has free mental health care. </font color>

If a terrorist was to steal a truck and do the same thing, would only US citizens in future be allowed to drive?

Would any amount of 'smart' bombs or Stealth technology give protection against a fanatic who is determined to kill as many people as he can, without regard for his own life?

The fact is that there is only security when you dont have enemies. Make more friends is IMO the way to go.

Like it or not , the past administrations are also responsible for 9/11, not only Bin Laden.

<font color="blue">The terrorists are responsible for 9/11 </font color>

I saw a photo from 1983 with Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam. At this point it was already known what kind of person he was. Or did the CIA get it wrong again????

<font color="blue">I have a photo of Elvis shaking hands with Richard Nixon. </font color>

It would be more appropriate to just call them the Central Somebody has to take the fall for the President Agency.
Arent these institutions there to protect the American people and and Democracy. Looks to me like that they are being used to back up the present Admin.
Q <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">People over 70 should have to take a driver's test every 2 years. </font color>

eg8r
07-17-2003, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I understand you are trying to make a point, and I agree with the point. Since 9/11 it makes sense to alert the people if a possible terrorist activity is happening. I think we should test the elderly a little more often, otherwise we will have more of these posts showing up.</font color>

<font color="blue"> Are we limiting only Americans to fly in planes? </font color>

<font color="blue"> Our "smart" bombs and Stealth technology are not designed to give protection against one individual. </font color>

The fact is that there is only security when you dont have enemies. Make more friends is IMO the way to go. <font color="blue"> That is not security, that is peace. I don't think having any more friends would have stopped 9/11.

Anyways, what does all this have to do with an elderly man driving his car through a market? </font color>

Like it or not , the past administrations are also responsible for 9/11, not only Bin Laden. <font color="blue"> You are wrong. The terrorists are responsible for 9/11.

Let me ask you this, if you were egging me on and making me mad, and I kill you, would your family tell the media don't worry, Q was responsible. Give me a break. </font color>

I saw a photo from 1983 with Rumsfield shaking hands with Saddam. At this point it was already known what kind of person he was. Or did the CIA get it wrong again???? <font color="blue"> Everyone knew what type of person he was, he was just the lesser evil at the time. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Welcome back Q. You have been quiet lately.

eg8r

MikeM
07-17-2003, 09:04 AM
This is a new low for you Q. Please have some respect for the victims here. Don't use their tragedy as a launching pad for your political diatribe.

Mike

SPetty
07-17-2003, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">People over 70 should have to take a driver's test every 2 years.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>Everybody should be required to take a driver's test every 4 years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rod
07-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Just by looking at some of the drivers here, I'm not sure they ever had a license!

Rod
07-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Q,

I haven't a clue what any of your ridiculous questions or comments have to do with this accident. Give your political crap a rest. If your going to make comments, direct it towards helping to prevent such. Your dragging in other names/countries for an accident that happened on an LA street for Christ sake. What a bone head. Find problems on your streets and do something to improve the situation.

Rod

bolo
07-17-2003, 11:51 AM
All this from a guy living in a country where they put people to sleep like an old dog out of convenience. (wasn't that Hitler's idea?) Take a good look at the backwards 19th century country you live in before casting any stones. Now smoke another joint and go for a ride on your bike.

Barbara
07-17-2003, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
<font color="blue">People over 70 should have to take a driver's test every 2 years. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

PLEASE!! I would love to see that happen! And, unfortunately because of this incident and the loss of so many innocent lives, maybe there will be the introduction of legislation to address the issue of senior drivers.

Barbara

Hopster
07-17-2003, 06:20 PM
I haven't a clue what any of your ridiculous questions or comments have to do with this accident. Give your political crap a rest. If your going to make comments, direct it towards helping to prevent such. Your dragging in other names/countries for an accident that happened on an LA street for Christ sake. What a bone head. Find problems on your streets and do something to improve the situation. &lt;--Rod to Q

Rod its easier to criticize than to help. Its easier to destroy than to build. Thats why Q always has these stupid comments and observations, cause he himself cant do anything about anything. Also he likes the attention that he knows these comments will bring him. If he just talked about everyday stuff no one would pay him any mind and that would probably kill him.

Qtec
07-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Wally , thank you for your comments. You didnt answer any of my points.

The connection between Mohammed and the old man is that if it had been Mohammed your present Govt. would jump on it as another example of 'al Quieda'and you would be on 'Code Red'.

I do not hate America or Americans. Dont you understand that it is OK to talk about these things? [ 9/11].
Just because something is tragic, doesnt mean we arent allowed or supposed to talk about it . I think we owe it to the people who died to ask questions, dont you?

Q

Qtec
07-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Thank you eg8r.I knew YOU would understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Keith Talent
07-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Q, as if there was any doubt why they call that stuff you all habitually smoke over there DOPE. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I kept waiting for the sick punchline ... but you were serious. That's even loonier.

Please, go stick your ungreased pinhead into a snooker hole and wait patiently for a couple of G.I.s to come along and yank it out for you.

Qtec
07-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Rod , cant you discuss a point without getting personal? My personal views have nothing to do with the points I have raised.

Before Iraq , GWB was telling everyone that the US , as the only superpower, that it was their duty to assume the role of 'Policeman of the World'. Now that someone ASKS for help [ Liberia] , nobody is interested.

What a surprise!

Q

Qtec
07-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Bolo, nobody is casting stones.

I am asking questions.

Thats all.

Q

Qtec
07-17-2003, 09:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Q, as if there was any doubt why they call that stuff you all habitually smoke over there DOPE. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I kept waiting for the sick punchline ... but you were serious. That's even loonier.

Please, go stick your ungreased pinhead into a snooker hole and wait patiently for a couple of G.I.s to come along and yank it out for you. <hr /></blockquote>

Havent you ever heard of a hypothetical question?

Snooker tables have POCKETS, not holes?

Q

Rod
07-18-2003, 01:25 AM
Personal? I'm not even close to being personal. If you don't like being called a bone head, leave your dumb ass comments between your ears. Discuss a point, what point?

Lets see just how much sense you made with that air pocket.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Who cares what his name is at 86 years. Not exactly high alert material. How much thought did you put into this, 2 seconds?

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Yea right, I see lots of 86 year old terrorist's! Only US citizens drive, yea right. Boy your just full of tough questions.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Q, I'll let you answer this one, it's easy, even you should be able to handle it.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Well you sure did a bang up job on this one. Please tell us about making friends.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

There was millions of people that took responsibility for 911. That includes the familys and friends that lost loved ones. Everybody died a little that day.

It goes back to your dumb bomb and stealth question, well can they give protection against a finatic? ( Your answer here --) We learn from mistakes and move on.

Quotes from Q, replying to other posts that thought he was , shall we say out of line.

[ QUOTE ]

<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
I am asking questions.
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you eg8r.I knew YOU would understand.
<hr /></blockquote>

He didn't give you any understanding. He disagreed with everything you said. He just understood your point.

[ QUOTE ]
Wally , thank you for your comments. You didnt answer any of my points.

The connection between Mohammed and the old man is that if it had been Mohammed your present Govt. would jump on it as another example of 'al Quieda'and you would be on 'Code Red'.

<hr /></blockquote>

Yea right

Boy you sure have me concerned. Everytime I see an 86 year old man, of any nationality besides American, driving a car, I'll call the Feds. Maybe I'll just run him off the road, then ask if his name is Mohamed. Just think of all the lives I can save.

You have a weak point at the expense of people that lost their lives. Speaking of which, point me to the web site that carried that tragic story. I'd like to read it privately and at least give the people some respect. Let me do that and not have it used as a lead story, to your political views.

Hopster
07-18-2003, 02:07 AM
Everytime I see an 86 year old man, of any nationality besides American, driving a car, I'll call the Feds. Maybe I'll just run him off the road, then ask if his name is Mohamed. Just think of all the lives I can save. &lt;--Rod

Roflmao !!! Hey Rod just dont move here or to Florida, you will need a tank.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-18-2003, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> PLEASE!! I would love to see that happen! And, unfortunately because of this incident and the loss of so many innocent lives, maybe there will be the introduction of legislation to address the issue of senior drivers.

Barbara

<hr /></blockquote>

Probably won't happen. One reason...old people <font color="red">vote</font color> and young people don't.

I learned a lot of things about driving when I owned a motorcycle. I learned to watch out for old folks because they will turn left into your path, they will turn right on red into your lane, and they will change into your lane even if you are right beside them. You know it's going to happen, you just accept it and anticipate it.

Fran Crimi
07-18-2003, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">People over 70 should have to take a driver's test every 2 years.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>Everybody should be required to take a driver's test every 4 years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I don't think that's going to be enough. It might weed out some people but most people will pass the test and then go their merry way and drive like a maniac like they usually do.

I think we need to get more serious about recruiting traffic police and getting them out on the roads pulling over reckless drivers. The ratio of reckless drivers to traffic police is ridiculous.

I bet if a driver got pulled over and told he was going to have to make an appointment and take a driving test for a fee of $200, he'd watch his driving in the future just to avoid the inconvenience and expense.

I'm sure that 86 yr. old man made a lot of driving mistakes before the fatal one. If someone had only pulled him over before, maybe this would have been avoided. He probably wouldn't have passed a driving test.

When Rudy was mayor of NYC, he had the cops out there in force, pulling everybody over. I got pulled over a few times, just for a license and registration check. It was an inconvenience and a little unnerving at times but they caught a lot of people driving with suspended licenses, or no licenses. Probably prevented a ton of accidents. They were also taking people's cars away who got caught DUI. People were yelling and screaming about it, but it worked.

Fran

Ralph S.
07-18-2003, 08:10 AM
This actually happened when I was at the license branch not long ago. An elderly woman was renewing her dl and when she went to do the eye test she failed. The BMV clerk had her try it again...she failed, alas a third try, you geussed it, she failed. The clerk handed her her license &lt;renewed&gt; and suggested she see an eye doctor. Go figure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-18-2003, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> ....I think we need to get more serious about recruiting traffic police and getting them out on the roads pulling over reckless drivers. The ratio of reckless drivers to traffic police is ridiculous.

<font color="blue">Around here the reckless drivers are the kids. They're constantly getting killed 3, 4, or 5 at a time. They go 100 mph and also engage in "hill-hopping". I wish the cops would crack down hard on these little goofballs. And the girls are as bad as the boys. </font color>

I bet if a driver got pulled over and told he was going to have to make an appointment and take a driving test for a fee of $200, he'd watch his driving in the future just to avoid the inconvenience and expense.

<font color="blue">I think you would win that bet. </font color>

I'm sure that 86 yr. old man made a lot of driving mistakes before the fatal one. If someone had only pulled him over before, maybe this would have been avoided. He probably wouldn't have passed a driving test.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/939947.asp?vts=071820030725

<font color="blue">....They also visited Weller’s house Thursday, where Butts said they found evidence he had recently struck his garage with his car at least twice.....

....Meanwhile, people who attended a birthday party that Weller was a guest at <font color="red">10 years ago</font color> released a videotape that was made after he smashed his car into a retaining wall upon his arrival. Because no one was hurt, the tape was made in a lightheaded fashion and even included credits listing Weller as a “stunt driver.”....

</font color>

When Rudy was mayor of NYC, he had the cops out there in force, pulling everybody over. I got pulled over a few times, just for a license and registration check.

<font color="blue">I like Rudy and he really cleaned up that town but I think that's a bit draconian. I can just picture a cop in an SS uniform with a German accent "Do you have zee traveling paperz?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And I don't like DUI or seatbelt checkpoints either /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

It was an inconvenience and a little unnerving at times but they caught a lot of people driving with suspended licenses, or no licenses. Probably prevented a ton of accidents. They were also taking people's cars away who got caught DUI. People were yelling and screaming about it, but it worked.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

TomBrooklyn
07-18-2003, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> When Rudy was mayor of NYC, he had the cops out there in force, pulling everybody over. I got pulled over a few times, just for a license and registration check. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Fran.

Unless I'm mistaken, it is unconstitutional for the police to pull over anybody or everybody or every so many cars (i.e., every fifth car) just to check them or their papers. I think they may only stop a vehicle if they observe an actual violation or have reasonable suspicion of one.

What I think they did at these checkpoints was look for vehicle or driving violations. If they saw an overdue registration or inspection, a non-functioning light, cracked windshield etc. or a driver or passenger not wearing seatbelts or driving erratically, they were then legally entitled to stop the vehicle and request paperwork etc.

This principal of stopping and questioning citizens only when their is a reasonable suspicion to do so is what distinguishes a Libertarian Republic from a Police State.

Of course, the potential for abusing this principal was rife at these checkpoints. The Police were walking a fine line with the practice.

=TomBk

Qtec
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Quote Qtec:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now wtf does this have to do with this:

Wally, every guy with Mohammed on his passport is seen as a potential terrorist. Its ridiculous!

As far as I know , Bin Laden has never accepted resposibility for 9/11. You dont hear much about him anymore, or dosent he matter anymore?

Who was responsible for the anthrax 'attacks'? Or doesnt that matter anymore.

GW says that Saddam has WMD and he hasent , but that doesnt matter anymore.

I could go on and on about the number of times GW &amp;co have mislead the whole world but I see that finally there seems to be enough doubt in America for questions to be asked which nobody dared to ask in the hysteria after 9/11.

Wally, I know that I am not doing myself any favours in bringing up such matters . If I had wanted to , I could only post things like , " Saddam was an evil ba****d and the US did the World a favour. End of story."

Usually if I post something innocuous, nobody replies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Somehow I dont think I have yet been accepted into the 'club'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have a photo of Elvis shaking hands with Richard Nixon.
<hr /></blockquote>

My point exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q.

Qtec
07-18-2003, 10:17 AM
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa,....sorry Tom , just had to laugh.

The police do anything they want.

Next time you get pulled over, tell the cop that you refuse to give him your licence on constitutional grounds . HaHa. Your feet wont touch the ground. HaHa.

Make sure your medical insurance is up to date first.

Q

Fran Crimi
07-18-2003, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> HaHaHaHaHaHaHa,....sorry Tom , just had to laugh.

The police do anything they want.

Next time you get pulled over, tell the cop that you refuse to give him your licence on constitutional grounds . HaHa. Your feet wont touch the ground. HaHa.

Make sure your medical insurance is up to date first.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Q,

Your profile shows that you live in the Netherlands. Have you lived in the US? I was wondering because you seem to have strong opinions about what's going on over here. If you experienced this stuff first hand, that's one thing, but if you haven't, I'm not sure where you're getting it from other than the media.

Personally, I don't have a problem being pulled over by the cops at all. If they're pulling me over to check me out, it means they're also pulling over someone who is a real menace. Good. Works for me.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you know, this kind of stuff works two ways. I've seen cops go out of their way to help people out, including myself, when it wasn't in their job description.

Fran

Keith Talent
07-18-2003, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

Snooker tables have POCKETS, not holes?

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Pocket or hole?

Haven't you ever heard of a metaphor? Knowing you play that strange game with the funny balls, and considering the creepiness of trying to use a tragic accident in yet another anti-U.S. diatribe ... the image I had in my head, and wished to convey, was that of an opening that a rodent might emerge from, or slink back into. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on, just admit you were way out of line on this one. Hell, this is the kind of argument a college kid on crack would make at 5 a.m.

UWPoolGod
07-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Hell, this is the kind of argument a college kid on crack would make at 5 a.m. &lt;--keith

Hey that is out of line.....it was speed not crack...get it right LOL

Todd &lt;--- twitches involuntarily as he searches the room for Keiths hidden camara.

eg8r
07-18-2003, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because something is tragic, doesnt mean we arent allowed or supposed to talk about it . I think we owe it to the people who died to ask questions, dont you?
<hr /></blockquote> Wrong here. I do not think we owe the victims at the market anything by brining up 9/11. If you think you are somehow soothing their (people killed in the market) pains by brining up some crazy question then you are way wrong. I don't think those people would care less what his name is.

eg8r

eg8r
07-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Fran I disagree somewhat. The last thing I want to see in traffic is a police officer trying to pull someone over and causing more of a traffic jam. All the bad drivers that did not get caught will be breaking their necks to watch the other fool that got pulled over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Keith Talent
07-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Todd, sadly, I never graduated to crack in my school days. But know of some who claimed to have ... and that speed, ugh, was it the stuff somebody would tout as ... just as good a buzz as coke and only half the price! Makes my head hurt to think of it.

Thinking Q is on something or other ... or probably wasn't even on Earth before Ronald Raygun.

eg8r
07-18-2003, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless I'm mistaken, it is unconstitutional for the police to pull over anybody or everybody or every so many cars (i.e., every fifth car) just to check them or their papers. I think they may only stop a vehicle if they observe an actual violation or have reasonable suspicion of one. <hr /></blockquote> Are you talking about a DUI checkpoint? Growing up in Orlando and being the night person I was, I have been part of probably 20 to 25 "checkpoints". At around 1 AM when driving home from downtown, we would hit a "checkpoint" on highway 50. All traffic comes to a dead stop so the officers can check DL, registration, Insurance, and take a look at the passengers. Anything they found suspicious would be means to pull the guy over and thoroughly check everything.

I hated it, and really do not think it should be allowed, but the DUIs in that area decreased quite a bit during those hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Who would have thought the drunks would have enough intelligence to find alternate routes home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-18-2003, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't have a problem being pulled over by the cops at all. If they're pulling me over to check me out, it means they're also pulling over someone who is a real menace. Good. Works for me. <hr /></blockquote> C'mon Fran, don't be so hard on yourself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~Bets Fran is not a menace

Fran Crimi
07-18-2003, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Fran I disagree somewhat. The last thing I want to see in traffic is a police officer trying to pull someone over and causing more of a traffic jam. All the bad drivers that did not get caught will be breaking their necks to watch the other fool that got pulled over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Nah...they'll just rubberneck and cause a 3 hr. backup and then someone's car will overheat and stall in the middle lane, and that will cause another 3 hr. backup and then it'll take 6 hours to drive 10 miles. Other than that, I think it should be OK.

Fran

Fran Crimi
07-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Cripes.

I think I have to reword that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

F.

eg8r
07-18-2003, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah...they'll just rubberneck and cause a 3 hr. backup and then someone's car will overheat and stall in the middle lane, and that will cause another 3 hr. backup and then it'll take 6 hours to drive 10 miles. Other than that, I think it should be OK. <hr /></blockquote> Other than that????LOL. That would just make my day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
I am just looking out for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

rackmup
07-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Qtec,

While you cannot rile me as you do eg8r and some of our other posters here, I must ask what pleasure it is that you derive from posting all of your anti-American rhetoric.

I have yet to see anyone post anything negative in his or her responses to you and your thoughtless slandering of the U.S. of A. about your country (which is most certainly not without it's political and social dysfunctions e.g., Child Prostitution, Drug Use, Social Services for the Elderly, a Questionable Military force, Uncomfortable Wooden Shoes and Funny Pointed Hats, etc.)

Might I remind you that the very forum on which you choose to promote your one-sided opinions of our country is also an American based entity. It would not surprise me one bit if someday you attempt to log on to the CCB forum only to discover that the Administrators of the forum had performed a favor for you:

The elimination of your ability to log on, to post and perhaps to even view the posts of others, all in the interest of keeping you from being exposed to all that is "bad" about our country.

Your thoughts and words while entertaining to yourself and others with the same "sidewalk-wide" mentality might be considered offensive to others (including those from areas outside the borders of our great country) and they will perhaps also enjoy the "pity" that the forum administrators might bestow upon you.

In the absence of that, your narrow political views of my country, your seeming need to point out only the subject matter that you deem important and your other inane ramblings about one of the greatest lands on this earth, you certainly have earned my pity.

And yes, while "Freedom of Speech" is a right that we as Americans enjoy, the key word is "AMERICANS."

Regards,

Ken

Hopster
07-20-2003, 10:34 PM
I have yet to see anyone post anything negative in his or her responses to you and your thoughtless slandering of the U.S. of A. about your country (which is most certainly not without it's political and social dysfunctions e.g., Child Prostitution, Drug Use, Social Services for the Elderly, a Questionable Military force, Uncomfortable Wooden Shoes and Funny Pointed Hats, etc.) &lt;---Ken to Q

Roflmao, Ken i quit drinking but i will buy you a beer for that line !! Maybe some chicken wings too !!

Qtec
07-20-2003, 11:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Qtec,

While you cannot rile me as you do eg8r and some of our other posters here, <font color="blue"> Whats this then ? </font color> I must ask what pleasure it is that you derive from posting all of your anti-American rhetoric. <font color="blue"> I,m anti GW and the neo-conservatives. </font color>

I have yet to see anyone post anything negative in his or her responses to you and your thoughtless slandering of the U.S. of A. <font color="blue"> You had better look again. I get plenty of abuse /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> about your country (which is most certainly not without it's political and social dysfunctions e.g., Child Prostitution, Drug Use, Social Services for the Elderly, a Questionable Military force, Uncomfortable Wooden Shoes and Funny Pointed Hats, etc.) <font color="blue"> Propping up right wing fascist dictators who oppress ,kill and torture their own people.[ eg. anywhere in S.America. </font color>

Might I remind you that the very forum on which you choose to promote your one-sided opinions of our country is also an American based entity. <font color="blue">This board is being monitored by the CIA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

It would not surprise me one bit if someday you attempt to log on to the CCB forum only to discover that the Administrators of the forum had performed a favor for you: <font color="blue">cough, cough </font color>

The elimination of your ability to log on, to post and perhaps to even view the posts of others, all in the interest of keeping you from being exposed to all that is "bad" about our country. <font color="blue"> I could say the same about you after your 'puppy story', but I wont.</font color>

Your thoughts and words while entertaining to yourself and others with the same "sidewalk-wide" mentality might be considered offensive to others (including those from areas outside the borders of our great country) and they will perhaps also enjoy the "pity" that the forum administrators might bestow upon you.

In the absence of that, your narrow political views of my country, your seeming need to point out only the subject matter that you deem important and your other inane ramblings about one of the greatest lands on this earth, you certainly have earned my pity.

And yes, while "Freedom of Speech" is a right that we as Americans enjoy, the key word is "AMERICANS."

Regards,

Ken
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Do you dispute the fact that America was once an ally of Saddam? </font color>

Arent these institutions there to protect the American people and and Democracy. Looks to me like that they are being used to back up the present Admin.<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> This is the main point and nobody wants to talk about it . Nobody wants to talk about anything that GW and Co do or have done.
You talk about democracy, you have a 2 party system as opposed to a comunist 1 party system. If you cant tell the difference between the Rep and the Dems [ they are both the same, just a matter of degrees],then its not much of a Democracy.

Can you honestly say that the head of the CIA did not OK the President,s speech? Is he lying or GW?

Dont forget , it was America who came to the UN and presented a case for war against Iraq. If the invasion was for world peace ,why arent the US taking help from the UN, for the sake of the Iraqi people? I think these are valid questions.

For the record . Still no 'WMD'. Who cares ,right?

</font color>

Q

eg8r
07-21-2003, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you honestly say that the head of the CIA did not OK the President,s speech? Is he lying or GW? <hr /></blockquote> I am not positive you know the definition of lying...Here it is <blockquote><font class="small">Quote dictionary.com:</font><hr> lie2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l)
n.
A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

v. lied, ly·ing, (lng) lies
v. intr.
To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie. <hr /></blockquote> After reading the definition, can you honestly say GW or the CIA had lied? Do you have any proof, or will you speculate more? The fact of the matter so far, is that we had false information from other foreign sources and they were known to be TRUE at the point of the Presidents address to the Nation. That is not a lie. You can believe what you want but quit your babble about no one wanting to address your question. As far as the facts go, it was not a lie. Was it wrong, from what I have heard lately, not technically.

If you are so sure it is a lie, then why has the world wide press begun to lay low on the subject? They must know more than you.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont forget , it was America who came to the UN and presented a case for war against Iraq. If the invasion was for world peace ,why arent the US taking help from the UN, for the sake of the Iraqi people? I think these are valid questions <hr /></blockquote> Ahhh, but you have forgotten 12 years ago when this was just fine. For some reason you have a problem with a President that actually has a backbone. Call it cowboy, call it whatever you want, but the job was taken care of this time. Saddam is no longer in power.

Why are you so caught up in the near past and ask us not to forget that, yet, the problem has been brewing much longer and you choose to ignore it. Get real Q.

As far as taking help from the UN, you might want to rephrase that. It is not help the UN are offering, rather, they are offering services in an effort to cash in.

Don't be so clouded with their intentions as you are not nearly that clouded of the Bush's intentions.

I don't think anyone is really questioning the validity of your questions. The problem is that you chose a completely stupid incident in which to pose the questions. If you wanna talk about Iraq, do not make a post about some 80 year old crashing into a market. It just does not make any sense.

[ QUOTE ]
For the record . Still no 'WMD'. Who cares ,right? <hr /></blockquote>
No, WMD's. Yup, I think everyone cares and that is why they are still looking. I think with 12 years on his side, Saddam could find a place to hide these WMDs. Remember also that WMD are not just Nuclear. I also think it is funny that you are on this "No Weapons of Mass Destruction found" bandwagon, yet you keep reminding everyone that we were allies with Iraq. WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WAS GIVEN WHEN WE WERE ALLIES?????????????? Sure, we gave him WMD so that he would be able to win the war with Iran. I guess you are ignoring those. Do you think he used them all up? Nope, he did use a ton on his own people in the North though.

Look, when you have a point that you would like to make, do not hide behind some innocent incident in America. If you want to say something make a post just about that. Do not veer away and add extra crap to the pile. Just so you know, the majority of the Iraq situation is not based on Terrorism. You started this thread trying to make some point that if a Muslim would have driven through that market then we would have been alarmed over terrorism. Sure that happens to be the world we live in since 9/11. The problem was that you jumped so darn fast to state this, that you forgot to read the fact that it was just an old man who should not have been driving anyways. You then moved on to Iraq. Seems like a giant mess, a train wreck waiting to happen. Next time, choose one subject for you post. It seems weak when you choose an instance and then say what if??? Who cares what if, we are more worried what really happened.

eg8r &lt;~~~Deeply sorry for those that have lost their lives or were hurt in the LA Market incident. <font color="blue"> I am even more sorry that Qtec has used this horrible accident to further his slanted views on US policy.</font color>

rackmup
07-21-2003, 03:50 AM
I know what Qtec's intentions are:

To engage one in a heated verbal battle about our pride as Americans and our President.

I know what my posts are intended to do:

To make people laugh.

While we both succeed at times, at least 99% of what I write is fictional and said tounge in cheek. With Qtec, 99% of what he says is inflammatory and said with his head deep within his rectal region.

Regards,

Ken (would hate living in such a dark, musty orifice)

Qtec
07-21-2003, 04:38 AM
Shouldnt you be heading off to Florida by now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'It wasnt a lie[ not technically ]'.
Thats BS and you know it .
Yes I know, Clinton did 'not'have 'sexual relations'either.

Its pretty weak to hide behind technicalities.
Even if GW didnt know it was a lie , the people who wrote the speech did. That has been established . ie, Pearle, Wolfowitz, Cheny and the rest of that lot.You want to check out the members of GW,s 'special advisory /scurity committe. Start with religious persuasion.

[ QUOTE ]
No, WMD's. Yup, I think everyone cares and that is why they are still looking. I think with 12 years on his side, Saddam could find a place to hide these WMDs. Remember also that WMD are not just Nuclear. I also think it is funny that you are on this "No Weapons of Mass Destruction found" bandwagon, yet you keep reminding everyone that we were allies with Iraq. WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WAS GIVEN WHEN WE WERE ALLIES?????????????? Sure, we gave him WMD so that he would be able to win the war with Iran. I guess you are ignoring those. Do you think he used them all up? Nope, he did use a ton on his own people in the North though.
<hr /></blockquote>

Knowing what kind of a maniac he was , do you think it was the responsible thing to do to arm Saddam ?
6000 died in 9/11.
More than 2 MILLION died in the Iran -Iraq war.
Do you think the families of those people who died would thank America for that?
With this and America, s backing of Isreal, can you imagine now why America is 'unpopular' with people in the M.East. Saddam started a war for profit with backing from the US.

The US does nothing if its not in its own interest. Nobody cares about Liberia, theres no angle.

Havent 2 of the 'Terrorists'that were supposed to go to trail suddenly been whisked away to Cuba ?I thought everybody in a Democracy has a right to a 'fair 'trail.[ HaHa]
People dissapearing, taken to a foriegn country , being tortured ,tried in secret and being put to death could only happen in places like Iraq.
Couldnt happen in the US ,or can it ?

The Govt is out of control. Your freedom is being eroded. Your security services can no longer be trusted to protect you from orginizations within the Govt .

The US sold Saddam chemical weapons? IMO, somebody should take responsability for that but the US never will.

Where does that buck stop ? Thats what I want to know.

Q

eg8r
07-21-2003, 05:24 AM
Heading to Fl in 2 weeks.

I guess you ignored the definition of a lie. It is not a lie if he tells us something completely believing it is true. It turns out that it MIGHT have been wrong, but not a lie nonetheless.

[ QUOTE ]
Its pretty weak to hide behind technicalities.
<hr /></blockquote> Whatever. No one is hiding behind anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing what kind of a maniac he was , do you think it was the responsible thing to do to arm Saddam ? <font color="blue"> He was the lesser of the two evils. </font color>
6000 died in 9/11.
More than 2 MILLION died in the Iran -Iraq war.
Do you think the families of those people who died would thank America for that? <font color="blue"> Nope. They would however thank America if they were living under Saddam's rule and we just saved their butts. </font color>
With this and America, s backing of Isreal, can you imagine now why America is 'unpopular' with people in the M.East. <font color="blue"> I do not need to imagine. Everyone has to pick a side I guess. We choose not to be part of the Muslim extremists side. You choose to woof on the sideline and blame us, but you will be first in line to ask for help if something should happen to your little country. </font color> Saddam started a war for profit with backing from the US. <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
The US does nothing if its not in its own interest. Nobody cares about Liberia, theres no angle.
<hr /></blockquote> That would make sense but it is a LIE. You know that is untrue but you might be unable to say it here on the board.

[ QUOTE ]
Havent 2 of the 'Terrorists'that were supposed to go to trail suddenly been whisked away to Cuba ?I thought everybody in a Democracy has a right to a 'fair 'trail.[ HaHa] <font color="blue"> Who are you referring to? Are they American citizens? </font color>
People dissapearing, taken to a foriegn country , being tortured ,tried in secret and being put to death could only happen in places like Iraq. <font color="blue"> Who is being tortured? On what are you basing that? </font color>
Couldnt happen in the US ,or can it ?
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
The US sold Saddam chemical weapons? IMO, somebody should take responsability for that but the US never will. <font color="blue"> Put the crack pipe down, meester. The US has not hidden the fact that they sold those weapons. The issues are with the extra WMDs that Saddam has been making. </font color>

Where does that buck stop ? Thats what I want to know. <font color="blue"> Boy I can only wonder, which Buck would you be talking about this time.... </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Qtec
07-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Do you have a different law for foreigners ?

By any definition , the people held the US in Cuba are being tortured. What is going on there will only create more resentment and be seen as another example of American justice.

If you sell a gun to a lunatic , [ knowing he,s a lunatic]and he kills someone. I think you would be charged , in America.

Q

eg8r
07-21-2003, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a different law for foreigners ? <font color="blue"> The laws are for Americans and the illegal immigrants that sneak into the country. </font color>

By any definition , the people held the US in Cuba are being tortured. What is going on there will only create more resentment and be seen as another example of American justice. <font color="blue"> What is happening that you know of as fact, that is considered torture. </font color>

If you sell a gun to a lunatic , [ knowing he,s a lunatic]and he kills someone. I think you would be charged , in America. <font color="blue"> Wonderful, but this was not in America, and the people being killed were not Americans. We sold the weapons so that Saddam could defeat them. That is what you do in a war. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Qtec
07-21-2003, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wonderful, but this was not in America, and the people being killed were not Americans <hr /></blockquote>

Why does that make a difference ?

Is it because these thing happen somewhere else.?

Once the repercussions hit home soil , suddenly places like Iraq become important.

'He who lives by the sword , dies by the sword'.

Meaning you reap what you sow.

When polticians are allowed to run riot, its always the innocent that suffer. US soldiers are dying everyday in Iraq and its not neccessary. They are also dying for a secret agenda thats got nothing to do with securuty.

I see that there are now many people in America calling for the Presidents head. I bet the Reps are wishing they had left the guy alone now. they seem to be saying what I have been saying all along. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Yes its true. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway , I thought ........Bill Clinton, another time .

Q

Hopster
07-21-2003, 09:31 AM
I know what Qtec's intentions are:

To engage one in a heated verbal battle about our pride as Americans and our President.

I know what my posts are intended to do:

To make people laugh.

While we both succeed at times, at least 99% of what I write is fictional and said tounge in cheek. With Qtec, 99% of what he says is inflammatory and said with his head deep within his rectal region. &lt;--Ken

I do agree with your assesment totally.
I do have a question, do you think qtec gets good power on his break shot with his head in that position ??

TomBrooklyn
07-21-2003, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> When polticians are allowed to run riot, its always the innocent that suffer. <hr /></blockquote>Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P.J. O'Rourke

WaltVA
07-21-2003, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> With Qtec, 99% of what he says is inflammatory and said with his head deep within his rectal region. &lt;--Ken

I do agree with your assesment totally.
I do have a question, do you think qtec gets good power on his break shot with his head in that position ??
<hr /></blockquote>
Maybe not, but he'll sure stay down on the shot that way.

Walt in VA

eg8r
07-21-2003, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does that make a difference ? <font color="blue"> Our rights are for Americans, not detainees. When were you going to give the proof of torture, we are all still waiting.</font color>

Is it because these thing happen somewhere else.?

Once the repercussions hit home soil , suddenly places like Iraq become important. <font color="blue"> Are you trying to say that we went into Iraq just because of 9/11. Sounds ignorant to me. </font color>

'He who lives by the sword , dies by the sword'.

Meaning you reap what you sow.

When polticians are allowed to run riot, its always the innocent that suffer. US soldiers are dying everyday in Iraq and its not neccessary. <font color="blue"> It is sad they are dying because of a small group of loyalists to a regime that is no longer in power. </font color>

They are also dying for a secret agenda thats got nothing to do with securuty. <font color="blue"> Only you in your infinite wisdom believe in the secret agenda. I guess you are going to tell us that Daddy Bush told Saddam to invade Kuwait so that 15 years down the road he could get his money on the Iraqi oil. Your selective memory is so stuck on oil, that you cannot even think about the rest of what was going on. </font color>

I see that there are now many people in America calling for the Presidents head. <font color="blue"> Where are these facts????? Before you go any farther, please define what you consider "many". </font color>

I bet the Reps are wishing they had left the guy alone now. they seem to be saying what I have been saying all along. Yes its true. <font color="blue"> What was that? and please provide some sort of fact instead of intuition. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

rackmup
07-21-2003, 02:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> I do have a question, do you think qtec gets good power on his break shot with his head in that position ??<hr /></blockquote>

I somehow doubt it. I doubt he has a good break with his head in any position. I mean, he plays snooker. He might as well take up league croquet or iguana tossing (or whatever they do besides snooker over there in the Hague)

Regards,

Ken (thinks Qtec needs to pull his head out just long enough to catch some clean air...and to let the CIA snap a photo or two of him.)

Qtec
07-22-2003, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I guess you ignored the definition of a lie. It is not a lie if he tells us something completely believing it is true. It turns out that it MIGHT have been wrong, but not a lie nonetheless.
<hr /></blockquote>

Check out the post 'Satire, funny but true 'from nAz.

Q

Qtec
07-22-2003, 06:17 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Having a good time?
Why are you you boys all picking on me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Maybe I could apply for American citizenship and come over. It looks to me that 'y,all' all could use a good pool player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will give you the break and still kick your butt off the table, without any regard to 'sqirt, deflection or using any mathematical formule.

When I am finished beating somebody up on a pool table, they usually sell their cue and take up darts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

rackmup
07-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Don't be so defensive. If we didn't like you, we wouldn't pick on you...we would just beat you up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Ken

Qtec
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Are you ever going to finish chalking that cue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its beginning to annoy me. AAArgh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Q

[ need to learn some hacking skills]

rackmup
07-22-2003, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Are you ever going to finish chalking that cue? <hr /></blockquote>

Nope...and I have a case of the stuff. Get used to it, get stronger or get out.

Those are your choices. I'll give you a minute to think about it.

Regards,

Ken (just teasin' /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

eg8r
07-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Here is a good read about the LIE. http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110003756

I am not sure, but would you believe partly what the Wall Street Journal might say....

eg8r

Qtec
07-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Watch out for this up and coming pro.

Q mark 2 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://members.lycos.nl/agli2/hpbimg/al111.jpg

Q

nAz
07-22-2003, 03:07 PM
lol nice pic Q

Qtec
07-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Not bad for a first effort, eh.

Its an image from a Hi-8 video. Yhe problem is that it is different format so i have to put it through a prog that I got from the web.

Its a 30 day trial from Photo impact 8. Its got so many functions it will take ne more than 30 days before I know what I can do with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got it from zdnet.

Q

http://members.lycos.nl/agli2/hpbimg/al%20new.jpg

NoCall
07-23-2003, 05:49 AM
Nice Q-action, too bad you're aiming for the wrong ball...

Qtec
07-24-2003, 06:38 AM
This must be the first time anyone has assumed an alias to pay a compliment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks anyway . I was just shooting a few balls to test the video camera . I did pot the 8 though . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

TomBrooklyn
08-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Denver Post
'Fake' drug checkpoints OK'd. Judges endorse vehicle searches after motorists are tricked into dumping drugs
By Howard Pankratz, Denver Post Legal Affairs Writer

Colorado law enforcement officers can use fake or "ruse" checkpoints to ferret out drug dealers and drug users, the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled Thursday, even though real drug checkpoints are unconstitutional.

Judges said the difference involves stopping cars without reasonable suspicion versus stopping them when there is reason to believe a crime has been committed.

In this case, officers posted signs on a road leading to Telluride warning that a drug checkpoint lay ahead, and hid nearby. They watched to see if anyone suddenly turned around or appeared to toss drugs or drug paraphernalia out a window.

They pulled over Stephen Corbin Roth when they saw what turned out to be a marijuana pipe tossed from the car.

He appealed his conviction, claiming that fictitious checkpoints violate protections against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Roth's lawyers said they will appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.

"It's huge," Robert J. Mulhern, one of Roth's lawyers, said of the case's importance. "It's of national interest; it affects everybody."

Officers erected signs saying "Narcotics Checkpoint, One Mile Ahead," and "Narcotics Canine Ahead" on June 12, 2000, in hopes of preventing people from taking drugs to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.

Roth was pulled over for littering. His car was searched over his protests, and officers found a marijuana pipe and psilocybin mushrooms. Another marijuana pipe was discovered in Roth's backpack.

He was convicted of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.

Colorado Court of Appeals Judge Sandra Rothenberg wrote that drug checkpoints where vehicles are stopped without reasonable suspicion constitute illegal police conduct.

But she said use of fictitious checkpoints presents a different issue.

She said it is constitutional for police to create a ruse that causes defendants to abandon property that, when found, gives investigators the legal right - called "reasonable suspicion" - to stop a vehicle.

The stopping of Roth's car was based on "an individualized suspicion of criminal activity," Rothenberg wrote and, was therefore legal.

Dolores County Sheriff Jerry Martin, president of the County Sheriffs of Colorado, hailed the decision.

Martin said his jurisdiction is the only one in Colorado that has used fake checkpoints. He said four fake checkpoint operations were conducted but were suspended pending the appellate court's ruling.

Martin said he will probably start using them again, because they were effective.

"We didn't dream it would be that effective. I'm telling you, they tossed stuff out that you couldn't believe," Martin said.

Martin said no civil rights were violated because cars were stopped only after the occupants violated some regulation such as littering.

The sheriff said the course of a case depended on whether the litter turned out to be illegal drugs.

Ken Lane, spokesman for the state attorney general's office, said the ruling is "simply an affirmation of the authority of law enforcement officers to follow up on suspicious unlawful activity."

"As the court noted, the defendant was stopped not because of any illegal checkpoint where cars are randomly stopped ... but because of an individualized suspicion of unlawful activity (littering) observed by law enforcement personnel," he added.