PDA

View Full Version : It's Back On!!!!! Kato/Rackmup II

Kato
07-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Race to 11 9-ball
Race to 9 8-ball

Dinner at Hooters. Yeah, everyone's a winner.

Rackmup, embarrassed by his recent failures in The Sunshine State has pumped himself back up to take another run. What he doesn't know is that tonight we loosen up the table a little bit and Kato will start running racks.

News and pics to follow.

Kato

OnePocketChamp
07-17-2003, 04:20 PM
I honestly believe that ole' Rackmup has been setting you up for the kill tonight, yesterday was either a rare fluke (maybe, induced by jet lag), or he has laid a monster size trap for you. Tonights match will tell the tale and once again TEXANS all over the state will be bragging about the old style a**whippin' one of our own put on the Florida boy.

And , if the outcome comes out different, please don't report but instead tell us about Hooters!!!!!!

Kato
07-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Thursday night, Kato vs Rackmup II

Hooters 10 "3 mile island" wings a piece, curly fries, 2 Miller Lites. We had a very cute Brazilian waitress named Mryra who managed to sell us both "Hooters money clips" Don't worry everyone, they are limited edition. Says so on the "Certificate of Authenticity" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pool:

9 ball, race to 11

Kato 11
Rackmup 10

In this set I played perhaps the worst pool of my life. I switched chalks, shafts twice, whatever I could think of. Ken jumped out to leads of 6-1 and 7-2. Eventually he just ended up missing a little more than me and I got out when I had to. After this set was over or close to it that we were playing quite poorly, I concur. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8 ball, race to 9

Kato 9
Rackmup 8

Different story this time. I jumped out to a 1-0 on a nifty little run out and then the wheels came off. Ken decided that he was going to play like a World Champion and stripped off 6 straight games faster than you could blink. I'm not sure if he realized what happened but I laid the biggest trap in the universe for him by now. I gave "Rackmup" a taste of "Rackmup" and started woofing louder than a Great Dane. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif With Ken only needing a few games to win the set back I started to climb. He started missing a little here and there and I elevated my game to respectability. I actually took an 8-7 lead but true to how he was playing Ken ran a rack when I left a table wide open. 8-8. Ken actually missed a ball in hand shot to get position on the 8. He would have won the set but instead was defeated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10 ball, race to 10 points

Kato 10
Rackmup 9

Ken decided around midnight we were going to play 10 ball but with ring game rules. Apparently he's never played 10 ball any other way. I went along with it. We see/sawed back and forth but at 9-9 I snapped in the 10 on the break to claim victory.

Up to date score keeping folks.

Sets to date on this trip:

Kato 5
Rackmup 0

We're playing again tonight.

I can't wait to get rid of this guy, he's exhausting me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~very, very, very, very tired.

PS. Did I mention I was tired? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
07-18-2003, 07:50 AM
I want pictures!

Barbara

cycopath
07-18-2003, 09:50 AM
I want WINGS!

Kato
07-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Uhmmm, ok, we'll work on it Barbara my dear.

Cycopath. Get your own.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifKato

OnePocketChamp
07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Kato, tell Ken that after the Mansfield city council read your lasted post they have reluctantly decided to call off the big "Victory Parade" they had set for 1:00pm this Sunday. And he can also forget about the "keys to the city", have chosen an out of work garbage collector as a more worthy recipient for this high honor.

And as a personal note I have changed my cell phone number and moved to a another state!!!!!!!

Kato
07-19-2003, 06:49 AM
For the record Ken and I played 1 final time. I smacked him around a little in 9 ball and then he gave away a set in 8 ball. He's a great guy all around. He should be posting today about the "great" time he had with me.

I avenged my defeat months ago to Ken and took back Florida's pride. In the process of playing Ken I've also taken the pride of Texas and Arizona. OPC, you and I can't play because I hate 1 pocket and you hate the games I play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Rod out in Arizona.........I own your state. If you want it back you've got to come to Florida to get it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Bring my 2 beers while you're at it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~no pictures, sorry. Ken is a "road agent" and he doesn't think having pictures of him posted around is good for business.

rackmup
07-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Had Kato known in advance the outcome would be so lopsided, he would have brought a camera but with that small doubt in his mind, he chose to offer the excuse that his "digital camera was full and it gave him blisters trying to empty it" or some other lame excuse similar to that.

After he blasted me for the third night in a row and at nearly 2AM he suggested I wait at the pool room while he ran home to get his camera.

I declined his offer.

Hopefully, eg8r will be in attendance for the August rematch and he can bring his camera.

Regards,

Ken (promises pictures for Barbara from the August rematch of "Rumble in Pompano: Kato vs. Rackmup")