PDA

View Full Version : My story

Jon from MN
07-18-2003, 01:30 AM
Hi friends
My name is Jon Rounsville I am married to my wife Sandy I have 3 kids Jason Charity Amanda 5 grandkids
I have 8 brothers and sisters a ton of nieces and nephews.
I am 46 and have been playing pool for 39 years seriously for 33 years.
I have played for lots of money all over the midwest some in canada and even florida.
The pool world is one I love but like any love affair there are some bad times.
I made some bad decisions in my life one was taking speed while I was playing. I started using at 15 by the time I was 18 I was hooked. I lost a business by the time I was 20 and wound up in jail. That was the least of my problems during my 20+ years of drug use I contacted hepititus b and c I also have severe scaring and cirrousis of the liver I have been battling this for 2 years real bad. I have been bleeding from the ears mouth and rear. now the doctors think I have cancer also. I have a appointment with the cancer society on the 30th of july. I hope I can make it untill then I dont know Im pretty weak. I do know CC made it and I draw off of his and Heide strenght. I probably wont post much I dont know if my wife will either but I do know I will miss you all very much. Love Jon Rounsville

DSAPOLIS
07-18-2003, 01:57 AM
Jon,
Hang in there. You can't change the past. I have been battling cancer for the past 11 years. I have been diagnosed terminal 3 times, the last time was last year. I ain't going peacefully. Feel free to contact me at anytime for anything.

Good Luck & God Bless
Blackjack David Sapolis

Rich R.
07-18-2003, 03:47 AM
I wish you all the best John.
Take care.

Keith McCready
07-18-2003, 05:09 AM
Well, Jon, I can relate to a lot of what you said. I am exactly the same age as you, and have traveled down that same road you were on. The world is lucky to have somebody like you, and each member of your family is evidence of that. May God bless you and your whole family, and keep posting.

Keith "Earthquake" McCready

Karatemom
07-18-2003, 06:06 AM
Jon, please let us know how that appt goes with the cancer society. You know, if you need anything, just call. You can use as much of my and Chris' strength as you and Sandy need.

Take care and keep in touch.

Heide

Wally_in_Cincy
07-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Jon,

I know you are a long-time member of this board and I've always enjoyed your posts. I'm the same age as you and I have also made many bad decisions concerning things I've ingested into my body so I understand completely.

I will pray for you. Be strong.

Wally in the Natti

Fran Crimi
07-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Jon, I'm very sorry to hear of your problems. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. You know...I've heard of things like this where people have to wait for two weeks or more for an appointment and they really need to go NOW. Isn't there any way you could get them to see you sooner? It sure sounds like an emergency, especially since you're getting weaker and weaker. Maybe you or your wife could keep calling them and hounding them until they agree to see you sooner. Maybe your family doctor could make a call on your behalf. This two-week waiting thing just doesn't sound right when you're bleeding from all over. Don't let them push you around Jon. It's your health, not theirs. I hate to say it, but people often don't care as long as it isn't happening to them. Go after them.

I wish you the best and hope you get through this okay.

Fran

Chris Cass
07-18-2003, 07:49 AM
OMG Jon,

I've been praying for you and Sandy for awhile now and this just isn't fair. You've always been there for me and although Sandy is a strong woman You take every ounce of strength you need from me. As long as we've known eachother you've always been quiet about you and devoting all your strength to Sandy. Your a good man Jon and a great father and husband to Sandy.

Anything at all you need from me don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be calling you every week and there every step of the way.

Your friend,

Chris~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chris Cass
07-18-2003, 07:51 AM
May God bless you David and I'll include you in my prayers.

Best regards,

Chris

Ralph S.
07-18-2003, 07:55 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your medical problems and I sincerely hope the doctors are able to do something positive. As with Chris Cass, you will be prayed for and thought of often. It takes a great deal of courage to open ones life, the good and bad , for many, many, people to read about, whom you have never met. Hopefully any youngsters that come across it and read will remember so they dont fall into a similar situation.

I must echo Fran's comments about the doctor thing. Start bugging the hell out of them. Life is to short as is it as time is one of the most precious things on earth and at your age you are certainly due more time.

bluewolf
07-18-2003, 07:58 AM
I agree with Fran. I would not wait. At the very least, I would get into my regular doctor to see if your bloodcount is low. You might need a blood transfusion or something.

Also I have known people with the hep c and liver damage who have extensive bleeding, even without cancer.

I think if you push hard enough or get your wife to, that hepatologist can get you into an oncologist very quick on an emergency basis.

I am even older than you and I made the same mistakes you did as far as certain chemicals and also have hep c, as we have discussed.

Please dont sit on this. Believe me, if you push those doctors hard enough, they will act. The other option is to be admitted to the hospital through the er and demand hepatologist consults and oncology consults.

You have rights and hospitals have patient advocates which you can request to have assigned to you that will go to bat for you too. You just gotta know your rights.Patients have a lot of rights that most people dont know about. We found out about these when my dad was critical for 3 months in the hospital.

If you want to talk more about this email me at onecreator@comcast.net and I will give you my cell number. YOu have got rights dam*it. You do not have to sit around hoping to not die.

Laura

Kato
07-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Best of luck Jon. If I can be of any service to you and it's within my power I will help. I'll adding you to my currently growing prayer list.

Kato

Barbara
07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Jon,

We're here for ya.

And do try to move that appointment up. Ask if they've had a cancellation or to call you when one comes in.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2003, 09:35 AM
All my best wishes. Godspeed.

Hopster
07-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Jon
Hang in there and dont give up. You got a lot of people pulling for you. What happens to us aint always fair but we got to give it our best shot.
I wish you all the best.

Rod
07-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Jon,
Sorry to hear of your health problems. You have posted here many times over the years with your knowledge. Hopefully you get the needed break to continue on. You have receive some great advise from the others and I hope it is helpful. Best of luck in your fight. Were all pulling for you and I wish you the best of luck.

Rod

eg8r
07-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Jon, I am not near as good with words as others, but you are in my prayers.

eg8r

St Paul Gal
07-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Fran,

I know Jon personally. His wife called me when this started happening, and essentailly the doc's have sent Jon home.

I wrote an email to Kelly Oyama regarding get a WPBA program or the new Coors Light poster signed to Jon from you guys, because it would mean so much to him. I haven't heard back from Kelly -- could you maybe give her a gentle push?

Kelly Larson
MNBillliards.com "Stars of the North" Regional Tour

Barbara
07-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Kelly,

Pm me with Jon's info.

Barbara

rackmup
07-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Hi Jon,

While even the most eloquent of words cannot mask what our past conceals, what is important is the recognition of the mistakes we've made and the inner-assurance that we will never walk those paths again.

You've shown a tremendous inner strength by revealing several things that others might take with them to their grave. Now it is time for you to channel that strength into prayer and understand that you, all the medical staff in the world or any other human being are truly not the ones in control of what the outcome of this ordeal will be.

CC and Heide asked for our prayers and they received many. CC is doing better and his family, hopefully, understands the power and strength that comes from prayer and a renewed belief in God.

Praying alone however, isn't enough. You must be a sincere believer in the power of God and prayer. This also holds true for those who are praying for you.

The "regulars" here are a very tight-knit group and the list of "regulars" grows longer each day. You will be at no shortage for those who are praying for your recovery, your health and your future. One of the most interesting things about us as a group is that while we do not agree on all topics, we argue our points constantly and several just simply do not like each other, it is at times like these when those differences are set aside and we all unite in our spiritual beliefs for the same common goal: To pray for one of our own to receive the gift of a healthy life at the hands of our Lord.

It is incredibily important for you and your family to recognize that changes will be necessary once this ordeal has been placed in the past. The changes do not need outlining here as they are already inscribed in your heart and you alone know what must be done.

My prayers are with you and your family. I'm certain the prayers of others are as well.

May God bless you my friend with renewed health and the wisdom to pass on the virtues of a strong belief in the power of prayer and the blessing that was given to us on an old wooden cross so many years ago.

Regards,

Ken (I apologize if that sounded "preachy")

bluewolf
07-20-2003, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote St Paul Gal:</font><hr> Fran,

I know Jon personally. His wife called me when this started happening, and essentailly the doc's have sent Jon home.

<hr /></blockquote>

But there has to be at least some hope or they would not have made that other appointment.I have seen people overcome impossible odds. I pray that Jon is one of them!!!

Laura

Fran Crimi
07-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Kelly,

If you haven't heard back, she might be out of town. I'll try to contact her.

Fran

Jon from MN
07-23-2003, 01:46 AM
To all:
I am feeling better now the bleeding has almost stoped. I have went back to the hospital and had some fluids put in me also they do there blood work which came back a little better this time. as Fran and others have said just because I am going to the cancer society dosent mean I have cancer. Also this puppy has went dormant before? And I can still go in remission. What I do know is I am NOT a quitter. I have been down before and with all of your help and prayers I will get better. I will try to keep you all posted. Good shooting everyone and God bless! Jon Rounsville from mn

CarolNYC
07-23-2003, 03:34 AM
Jon,
God be with you and your family-hang in there! Your in our prayers!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi there,
The e-mail was sent out-I received it yesterday!
Take Care!
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Glad you're feeling better Jon. Be strong.

pooljunkie73
07-23-2003, 06:54 AM
Keep on fighting Jon,hope you continue to get better.

WesK
07-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Jon,

Yes, following the saga of CC and Heide was truely inspriational. I know that I was very deeply moved by it and learned a lot about love and faith.

At the age of 41, I have just had to undergo a triple bypass last Monday and I was back in the pool hall last night. Following their story gave me a lot of strength and made it so much easier to deal with having to have my procedure.

I know that compared to what you have to deal with and, for that matter, dealing any kind of cancer makes my situation seem also trivial.

But, what I want to say is: Don't give up on yourself or on the power of all of the positive energy that the people here can generate. Have faith and keep a positive attitude and things will work out the way that they will.

You'll be in my thoughts, my hopes, and my prayers.

wes

Deeman
07-25-2003, 01:59 PM
JOn,

May God bless you. May the many friendships displayed here give you strength.

Dee

holls
07-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Jon, I happened to have a few down moments at work and read your story. I work with and agency called Cancer Care which is a nationwide non profit providing services to those with cancer and their families. If there is anything I can assist you with, let me know.